Hunter hit in mouth by pitch

RME JICO

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AoQW...p&type=lgns

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Twins star Torii Hunter was hit by a pitch in the mouth from Kansas City's Zack Greinke on Thursday and was taken to a hospital, where he received three stitches.

Hunter was cut on the inside of his mouth. He was listed as day-to-day.

Leading off the bottom of the second inning, Hunter took a 2-2 fastball directly to the mouth. After gathering himself, he took a couple of steps toward Greinke.

Hunter then dropped to the turf near home plate as manager Ron Gardenhire and Minnesota's medical staff ran onto the field.

A stunned-looking Hunter needed a towel to clean up the blood, and Greinke and Royals infielders came over to check on him. After a few minutes, Hunter walked off the field on his own power and received a standing ovation. Jason Tyner ran for him and replaces him in center field.

Hunter began the day with a 12-game hitting streak and was tied for the major league lead with 13 doubles. He was batting .315 and tied for the team leads with four home runs and 16 RBIs.

Edited by RME JICO

What a hot head. Charging the mound. Remember when he got beaned a few years ago, I think it was by Bob Howry, and he thought it was intentional and threw the ball back at Howry.

Now way it was intentional.

QUOTE(Brian @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 02:48 PM)
What a hot head. Charging the mound. Remember when he got beaned a few years ago, I think it was by Bob Howry, and he thought it was intentional and threw the ball back at Howry.

Now way it was intentional.

Yeah, that was classic.

Not that it makes it any better but MLB says the pitch might have glanced off his shoulder then in his grill. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Maybe Grienke didn't get any of the bubbly that Hunter sent!!!!

Side note: I think it's great to watch the Royals play someone in the division tough BESIDES the Sox. I swear,last year the Royals look like a team of gold glovers when they play the Sox then they would go to Detroit, take a lead into the 8th then hand them the game. Go Royals!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 02:59 PM)
Nah, I'm glad it happened.

If I don't like a certain baseball player, I couldn't care less if he's injured.

That's ridiculous. Perhaps I'm comparing apples and oranges here, but I don't like some people but I would never wish injury upon them or not care if one of these people was hit in the face with a baseball.

QUOTE(Top Notch @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 04:00 PM)
That's ridiculous. Perhaps I'm comparing apples and oranges here, but I don't like some people but I would never wish injury upon them or not care if one of these people was hit in the face with a baseball.

I don't wish injury upon anyone. However, when one does occur -- I'll cheer for it depending upon the person and their position on the ballclub.

The difference between myself and others such as yourself is I'm actually speaking my mind. Everyone feels the way I do, but they just like to put up this front of actually caring for multi-millilon dollar athletes.

Hopefully next time a fastball will hit Hunter in the nuts. Then I'll laugh...and laugh...and laugh.

I can certainly see where you're coming from, I suppose I wouldn't want to laugh or root for Hunter to be hit in the mouth because with the way karma hits me, Konerko or Thome would be gone for the year in the first inning tonight.

Ah hell.. the games postponed.. Nice work Zach!

That felt good.

I dunno; I'm not really saddened by such an injury, but I don't think I'm really happy this happens. I think the best way I can describe is like a feeling of satisfaction. I'm fine with the injury, because it weakens the Twins, but it doesn't mean I'm happy. I'm happier when I see the other teams in the division playing like s*** rather than getting banged up.

Besides that, I can just about imagine getting my mouth hit. If you've ever falling on your face, you can just about imagine what the hell he's going through and son of a b**** that would hurt like hell. It's not a crippling injury, one that just hurts like hell and pisses you off.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Apr 26, 2007 -> 04:07 PM)
I don't wish injury upon anyone. However, when one does occur -- I'll cheer for it depending upon the person and their position on the ballclub.

The difference between myself and others such as yourself is I'm actually speaking my mind. Everyone feels the way I do, but they just like to put up this front of actually caring for multi-millilon dollar athletes.

Hopefully next time a fastball will hit Hunter in the nuts. Then I'll laugh...and laugh...and laugh.

Maybe you mean you don't care that it happened?? I know that's how I feel. I don't care that it happened, but I certainly can't say I cheer for it or find any enjoyment out of it.