And that's another White Sox winner!!!

BigSqwert

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ May 10, 2007 -> 02:33 PM)
Couldn't really follow the game much, even on gameday, but damn that looks like a nice line for Contreras.

And just like that, only one starter with an ERA over 4. Nice...

All 5 shold be under 4 right now. Uribe and 3 other fielders decided to sit back and watch a popup land in Detroit. Maybe they were doing a gravity experiment.

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 10, 2007 -> 02:34 PM)
Boom! Though I still don't understand why everyone is so obsessed with Sweeney's .259 average.

It's not the average. It's his approach.

EDIT: Besides, if you don't like his average than you must hate the rest of the team minus Erstad.

Edited by BigSqwert

And all of this is with:

Kong at 0.210

Dye at 0.200

Gooch at 0.220

AJP at 0.238

Crede at 0.221

Uribe not available for all games at 0.220

Thome not available for all games

Watch out AL Central.....I see some crooked #s coming up from our O very soon.

:cheers

Boom! Though I still don't understand why everyone is so obsessed with Sweeney's .259 average.

He looked outstanding at the plate. He's not generating much power yet at all, and that's why his average is .259, but he's working the count and putting good swings on the ball right now. Add to it that he's been playing good defensively and he's actually running out groundballs, which I'm not sure I've seen from anyone on the roster other than Ozuna and Erstad, and he'd be my starting LFer for the remainder of the year, unless of course a big upgrade comes along.

Anyways, I wasn't able to catch the game, what with a paper to write and moving day, but it appears Contreras pitched pretty much like the man. The Twins offense isn't really that good right now, which is a slight detractor, but taking a series in Minnesota is huge, and really, with a good Iguchi throw/call in our favor/MacDougal actually being able to get out Nick f'ing Punto, the Sox sweep. I just don't know how I should feel about this team, so I'm just going to withhold judgment for about another month or so. That seems like the best course of action.

And Erstad's growing on me. He'd be the perfect 4th OFer, and I still don't want him starting, but he's the team's best option right now, and he appears to be playing with a bit of a chip on his shoulder. Hopefully he keeps producing like he has been, and if he does, I hope he stays healthy.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ May 10, 2007 -> 02:45 PM)
Post game callers are morons. There is a guy trying to make the point that Guillen says Terraro is better than Sweeney. Get a clue.

The PFB screener loves morons.

They had a guy last year try to pep up sox fans telling them that the season isnt over. This was on the day the sox were mathmatically eliminated.

They have a guy who wants to demote Danks and get someone else because he was 0-4. His theory was that the team didnt like him, and would hit for a more likeable guy.

They had a lady that has called a few times that has had several talking animals give her tips and predictions for the sox production. The "I saw a pigeon and it winked at me the right way, so Crede will go 4 for 4 tomorrow"

And then the morons who call on and think that Podsednik is the answer to the teams offensive problems. Because Konerko and Dye will start hitting the minute they see prancer on the field.

And the buntophiliacs who think that you need to execute 2 bunts per inning because of some myth they heard of called smallball.

AKA the second highest batting average on the team and .002 points away from being the highest.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 10, 2007 -> 02:33 PM)
When was the last time the White Sox had a pair of rookies as productive as Danks and Sweeney? Craziness.

Lee and Singleton is the answer. They didn't walk at all, but hit for a high average, and Singleton went deep more than Lee (17 to 16)

Buehlre and Garland.... (Technically, they used up their Rookie eligibility in '00, but they were the two best pitchers we had in '01, their first full seasons)