White Sox vs. Yankees, 5/17/07 (W)

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

im tired of winning 2 out of 3 games in series's. it seems like the past 5 series' we have won 2 outta 3

why cant we ever sweep someone. oh well, even though in the past 2 years, its been the sox winning 4 out of 6 against the cubs both series' each time in 05 and 06, maybe we'll sweep 'em this time

QUOTE(klaus kinski @ May 17, 2007 -> 07:56 AM)
Guillens lineup changes in third games of series have often thrown away possible sweeps. 2 of 3 is nice, especially against good teams. But the throw away games add up to problems in September.

How does that make sense? Against the Twins and Angels we lost the first games. And assuming we beat the yanks this series it will be the 2nd game of a double header we lost.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ May 17, 2007 -> 08:28 AM)
im tired of winning 2 out of 3 games in series's. it seems like the past 5 series' we have won 2 outta 3

why cant we ever sweep someone. oh well, even though in the past 2 years, its been the sox winning 4 out of 6 against the cubs both series' each time in 05 and 06, maybe we'll sweep 'em this time

I'll take 2 out of 3 everytime.

QUOTE(klaus kinski @ May 17, 2007 -> 07:56 AM)
Guillens lineup changes in third games of series have often thrown away possible sweeps. 2 of 3 is nice, especially against good teams. But the throw away games add up to problems in September.

However, if you underutilize your bench, they're never going to perform for you, like Gload against Baltimore last year, Cintron against the Tigers, Timo Perez on a few occasions...giving them playing opportunies keep them sharp as well as motivated, and they pay more attention to what's going on around them so they're ready when called upon.

Playing the bench players contributed a bit when Geoff Blum hit a homer in the World Series.

I see this as a very big game for the Sox. First off it helps us take two of three from the Yanks. Secondly, it gives us a little confidence heading into the Cubs series. I know a lot of people just view it as another series but emotions due run high and if the Sox can win that series as well, hopefully it can give them a spark and get them on a serious roll to the top!

GO SOX!

QUOTE(soxfan3530 @ May 17, 2007 -> 12:00 PM)
I see this as a very big game for the Sox. First off it helps us take two of three from the Yanks. Secondly, it gives us a little confidence heading into the Cubs series. I know a lot of people just view it as another series but emotions due run high and if the Sox can win that series as well, hopefully it can give them a spark and get them on a serious roll to the top!

GO SOX!

Anyone that views cubs/Sox as another series is not paying attention and listening to the lip service paid by manager's that are trying to downplay series played in May and June.

This game is very big.

I like the line-up for what it is.

DeSalvo K/BB ratio is 1/3...think there was any talk of taking pitches. This team needs to look at some pitches and take some strikes rather then swinging at everything. They should hit this guy..........

6-1 Yanks

BTW, is Damon hurt?

Edited by Jenks Heat

Lineups:

SOX

Erstad- 1B

Ozuna- 3B

Pierzynski-C

Dye-RF

Konerko-DH

Mack-LF

Uribe-SS

Sweeney-CF

Iguchi-2B

Garland-P

YANKS

Abreu-RF

Jeter-SS

Giambi-DH

Rodriguez-3B

Matsui-LF

Posada-C

Cano-2B

Cabrera-CF

Mientkiewicz-1B

DeSalvo-P

Let's take 2 of 3.

*wonders where everyone else is*

This DeSalvo guy sucks. Can't get anyone out.

Nice AB for Ozuna.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 17, 2007 -> 01:20 PM)
Nice AB for Ozuna.

That was a typo. I meant abs. I was looking at some pics of Ozuna on a beach in Mexico.

That was grinderrific!

worst.game.thread.ever