Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 7, 2008 -> 09:45 PM)
PS3 question:

Do I need a 1080p television to be able to see the difference in blu ray movies? My TV is 1080i.

The difference between what? Blu-Ray and SD-DVD? No, you'll notice the difference. Blu-Ray and HD-DVD you probably won't notice at all, and you definitely wouldn't notice on a 1080i TV, which is why I thought the format wars were absurd with the way the fanboys handled themselves (especially the Blu-Ray ones).

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 7, 2008 -> 08:51 PM)
The difference between what? Blu-Ray and SD-DVD? No, you'll notice the difference. Blu-Ray and HD-DVD you probably won't notice at all, and you definitely wouldn't notice on a 1080i TV, which is why I thought the format wars were absurd with the way the fanboys handled themselves (especially the Blu-Ray ones).

Yeah I meant Blu-Ray vs SD-DVD.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 7, 2008 -> 09:56 PM)
Yeah I meant Blu-Ray vs SD-DVD.

Then yeah, you will most definitely see the difference in quality, it'll be substantial. You won't get max quality out of it without it being on HDMI and in 1080p, but really unless your TV is like 52 inches and you're a really big geek, it probably won't matter to you.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 7, 2008 -> 09:00 PM)
Then yeah, you will most definitely see the difference in quality, it'll be substantial. You won't get max quality out of it without it being on HDMI and in 1080p, but really unless your TV is like 52 inches and you're a really big geek, it probably won't matter to you.

Thanks. That helped me decide on picking up the Dark Night Blu-Ray. And yes a I am hooked up via HDMI.

So I bought Wi Fitness for my mom for Christmas and now I need to find a good deal on a WII (which is what I'm getting myself). Anyone have any recommendations. I'd probably want all the nunchecks and that jazz too cause I plan on using it mainly as a family type of game system.

Alright, as much as I love it, I'm selling my PS3 and converting to PC gaming. If anyone is interested, here's what I have:

20 gig model

8 games:

Fallout 3

Little Big Planet

Metal Gear Solid 4 (missing case)

MLB 08 The Show

Socom: Confrontation

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Game of the Year Edition)

Guitar Hero III (with guitar)

Resistance: Fall of Man

1 dualshock controller

1 madcatz keyboard

1 official PS3 blue-tooth headset

I live in Portland, OR, but will ship it (ground) free of charge. PM me if you're interested to buy.

Edited by BobDylan

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 11, 2008 -> 03:34 PM)
Playstation Home finally debuts today. I wish I could tell you how it is, but I keep getting server error messages.

Sigh. Why can't these companies roll out massive online games without 2-3 days of problems. Is it really that hard to test before you launch?

If you ask me, it sucks.