McNabb for Briggs???

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ May 22, 2007 -> 11:38 AM)
I HIGHTLY doubt this. Bears don't want a QB controversy. Rex is the man.

Whatever, include Rex in the deal if you have to. I don't hate Rex like a lot of people but he is no McNabb when Donovan is healthy.

QUOTE(Brian @ May 22, 2007 -> 12:15 PM)
Whatever, include Rex in the deal if you have to. I don't hate Rex like a lot of people but he is no McNabb when Donovan is healthy.

No...No...NO! Griese is already a little peeved. Could you imagine if they brought in McNabb? Even if they threw in either Griese or Rex. And if THAT were the case, then we need more back that just McNabb.

No f'in way.

Not too mention the added pressure of winning in your home town.

Edited by CanOfCorn

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ May 22, 2007 -> 01:17 PM)
No...No...NO! Griese is already a little peeved. Could you imagine if they brought in McNabb? Even if they threw in either Griese or Rex. And if THAT were the case, then we need more back that just McNabb.

No f'in way.

Not too mention the added pressure of winning in your home town.

WHo gives a s*** about the feelings of our back up QB. Is McNabb better than both Qb's on our team? Yes.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 22, 2007 -> 01:24 PM)
They aren't even in the same league as McNabb. Well technically they're all in the same conference but not in the same league. :P

Exactly.

If McNabb was a healthy QB for the Bears last year, do they end up winning the Super Bowl? Maybe not, but it wouldnt have been so clear cut.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 22, 2007 -> 01:28 PM)
Exactly.

If McNabb was a healthy QB for the Bears last year, do they end up winning the Super Bowl? Maybe not, but it wouldnt have been so clear cut.

I'm gonna say yes. McNabb hits Berrian instead of making a horrendous throw that ends up in an interception.

If you can trade an OLB, however good he is, for a top 5 QB in the league when he's healthy, you do it in a second. There's no way it happens, but that's besides the point. :)

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 22, 2007 -> 01:21 PM)
WHo gives a s*** about the feelings of our back up QB. Is McNabb better than both Qb's on our team? Yes.

After all the avatar compliments...you rip me like this. Rock...that's so not nice.

And who gives a s***? The Bears, that's who. If this were McNabb three years ago, then yes, get him. NOw, I'm not so sure about his psyche. Those Iggles fans are rough on their players, not to mention, again, he would be coming home and there would be a lot of pressure on him to win here.

Again, I say no.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 22, 2007 -> 01:24 PM)
They aren't even in the same league as McNabb. Well technically they're all in the same conference but not in the same league. :P

Amen. And I'd be less ticked about the ticket price raise if this happened.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ May 22, 2007 -> 12:38 PM)
I HIGHTLY doubt this. Bears don't want a QB controversy. Rex is the man.

There would be no controversy if this went through for you guys. The Colts are always my favorite team, but the Bears would move up a lot if this ever went through. McNabb's always been one of my favorites in the league.

If there were some way to pull off said deal for McNabb involving Briggs and Grossman, it's almost impossible for me to think it shouldn't happen.

That said, I find it hard to believe that Philly would do such a thing. Briggs and Grossman both would be FA's at the end of next season. While they might not mind losing Grossman if Kolb is ready, basically they'd be downgrading their QB to Grossman at best this season and guaranteeing Kolb the job in the future. I just don't see Philly doing that deal, given that it would cut into their chances of winning this year. And I can't imagine them doing it if Grossman wasn't included; because then they're stuck with Feeley and Holcumb for this season, which is basically a white flag.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ May 22, 2007 -> 02:55 PM)
After all the avatar compliments...you rip me like this. Rock...that's so not nice.

Sorry buddy, even have a OOTP player named after ya.

But still McNabb rules, and if Griese has PMS over it, I hope he has a good flight out of town.

Of course this is all pure speculation and it will never happen.

QUOTE(Chi Town Sox @ May 22, 2007 -> 03:27 PM)
i find it funny that some people in this topic are saying mcnabb is this mcnabb is that when he is healthy...would these be the same people talking about grossmans health last year?

Barring an unbelievable improvement by Grossman this year, a 100% McNabb >>> a 100% Grossman.

The only thing that would counteract that statement would be if Grossman were vastly more likely to stay healthy than McNabb. If McNabb was hurt every year and Grossman was healthy every year, that could turn things around. But of course, Grossman has spent probably more time on the IR list than McNabb the last few years.

Rex has had one...count 'em...one full season in the NFL. I haven't given up on him yet. I still think he can be a damn good QB for the Bears. There are only two things that have really changed for the offense...trading Thomas Jones and moving Devin Hester to offense...both can be awesome.

I'm not writing off Grossman yet, and the Bears aren't either. THAT'S why they won't do this trade. Besides, I think the Bears would rather stick it to Briggs and Rosenhaus...

...secretly, of course.