MMA Thread

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jul 6, 2013 -> 11:47 PM)
Well, Anderson Spider Silva just got knocked the f*** out.

What an odd fight. It felt like Anderson wanted to lose, like getting the belt off his waist was a relief for him at his age. Congrats to Weidman anyways, what an exciting fighter

He got dominated on the ground and tried to sucker Weidman into his type of fight. Finally caught up to him.

What a joke though. Lack of respect to mock Weidman like that. And now that he lost, he stole the moment.

Rogan and Dana White can act like Fedor never existed but atleast he didnt disrespect the sport or the fans during his domination of the heavyweight division.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jul 7, 2013 -> 01:06 AM)
Mike Goldberg mentioned that Dana White had huge GSP news to announce today. Yet there was no such news.

Did I perhaps hear him wrong and he didn't say "today" or do you guys think the announcement was GSP vs Silva and Silva wrecked those plans?

I'm sure, there was talk about the GSP vs. Silva superfight for a while now.

• 4 months later...

What a disgrace on the 20th anniversary show.

Was a fan since 1994 when I got UFC 4 on tape. My first even I ordered was Ultimate Ultimate 95. I dont think I can watch another event unless I'm out at a bar with friends.

Maybe I'll see you in 2014 MMA...

damn, I just read the last post I made in this thread on July 7th.

Edited by zenryan

QUOTE (zenryan @ Nov 17, 2013 -> 12:06 AM)
What a disgrace on the 20th anniversary show.

Was a fan since 1994 when I got UFC 4 on tape. My first even I ordered was Ultimate Ultimate 95. I dont think I can watch another event unless I'm out at a bar with friends.

Maybe I'll see you in 2014 MMA...

damn, I just read the last post I made in this thread on July 7th.

I haven't seen the fight yet but you just can't leave it up to the judges ever. I love MMA and I love boxing and I'm certainly not saying it's right but there's always shady decisions in these sports. It sucks but it's how it is.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 17, 2013 -> 08:53 AM)
I haven't seen the fight yet but you just can't leave it up to the judges ever. I love MMA and I love boxing and I'm certainly not saying it's right but there's always shady decisions in these sports. It sucks but it's how it is.

Agreed, I hated the decision but a great fight

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Dec 7, 2013 -> 09:36 AM)
The fight was bonkers, go out of your way to watch a replay

The 4th and 5th rounds were something else. Neither guy had anything left and they both continued to throw. Awesome.

Edited by Rowand44

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 29, 2013 -> 02:04 AM)
Still the greatest ever. Shame it had to end that way for him, but karma is a b****.

Indeed. I can't stand Silva and was hoping he'd get his ass kicked but it's a shame it ended this way.

And ya, you can definitely make the argument that he's the best ever.