White Sox vs. Twins, 5/30/07 (L)

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ May 30, 2007 -> 07:22 PM)
The Sox revamped bullpen is worse than last year. I think the offseason can officially be declared a failure.

I think it's been declared that for a while. As Dick Allen likes to state on here, this is what you get when you go cheap.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ May 30, 2007 -> 02:07 PM)
This happens about twice a year vs the Twins. We'll jump out to a nice lead, they'll pull their pitcher, and then a couple of no name relievers for them will come in and shut us down. Meanwhile, our starting pitchers can't get a big out to save their life. In the past, it was relievers like Rincon, Guerrier, and Perkins who would shut us down. I guess we can add Miller to the list.

Who would have guessed, another minor league callup from the Twins whom shut us down.

It's becomes embarrassing when they continually do this to us.

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ May 30, 2007 -> 12:22 PM)
The Sox revamped bullpen is worse than last year. I think the offseason can officially be declared a failure.

its almost getting to the point, where we need to revamp the whole team.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 30, 2007 -> 02:19 PM)
If the Sox go on to lose this game, it will be the 9th game they've lost when leading in the 6th inning or later. That's f***ing pathetic.

Smugass Williams at his finest!

QUOTE(fathom @ May 30, 2007 -> 07:23 PM)
I think it's been declared that for a while. As Dick Allen likes to state on here, this is what you get when you go cheap.

Cheap??? yeah...but boy do they throw hard!!!!!

:bang

QUOTE(CYGarland @ May 30, 2007 -> 07:24 PM)
its almost getting to the point, where we need to revamp the whole team.

Good thing we're in a position where that can happen after this season....and I'm not being sarcastic.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 30, 2007 -> 02:24 PM)
Good thing we're in a position where that can happen after this season....and I'm not being sarcastic.

I think they go on the cheap and more of the same next year because KW knows so much more than Sox Fans! :angry:

QUOTE(fathom @ May 30, 2007 -> 07:23 PM)

Should they have gone the Cubs way of throwing money at relievers? 'Cause Bob Howry has a 5.11 ERA this year and Scott Eyre has an ERA over 8.00. Should they have gone the Indians way? Borowski has an ERA over 6.00, Robbie Hernandez over 5.00 and Foulke retired.

Kenny has ALWAYS gone cheap with the bullpen. Quite frankly, that's the way to go -- it's stupid to throw money at relievers. Home grow them. That's how the Twins did it (more or less).

Good job by Ozzie not letting Garland start the 7th inning. And yes, Cintron shouldn't be out there. He's still injured, and is a major liability. With Cintron, Iguchi, and Hall playing together today, we might have 3 of the worst arms in baseball (along with Damon and Pierre).