Podsednik to start minor league rehab assignment tomorrow

BearSox

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i know it says when he can run he will be back, but how long do u guys think it will take? will he be back in time for the pirates series june 15-17? the cubs series june 22-24? the royals series june 29-july 1?

I'll be at the game tonight and have a press pass, so I'll check in with Pods and see how he's doing.

It's crazy how many guys are down there who were with the club at some point this year: Molina, Sisco, Aardsma, MacDougal, Podsednik, Anderson, Sweeney, Gonzalez.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll be at the game tonight and have a press pass, so I'll check in with Pods and see how he's doing.

It's crazy how many guys are down there who were with the club at some point this year: Molina, Sisco, Aardsma, MacDougal, Podsednik, Anderson, Sweeney, Gonzalez.

what do u do for a living that u have a press pass?

Erstad, IIRC, was hitting just under .300 as the lead-off hitter (before he got hurt). And who's to say that Pods won't get the team going again? OK, maybe we shouldn't have brought him back...but would you rather have Gary Matthews for 5 years? Juan Pierre for 4 years? DAve Roberts? I mean, c'mon, IF he's healthy, he can't hurt this team.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 11:29 AM)
Erstad, IIRC, was hitting just under .300 as the lead-off hitter (before he got hurt). And who's to say that Pods won't get the team going again? OK, maybe we shouldn't have brought him back...but would you rather have Gary Matthews for 5 years? Juan Pierre for 4 years? DAve Roberts? I mean, c'mon, IF he's healthy, he can't hurt this team.

Erstad had a .340 OBP as a leadoff hitter when he went down, that'd not good at all. Matthews has been pretty outstanding this year where as Roberts and Pierre have been horrific. The problem with Podsednik is he's never fully healthy, meaning his production is always hampered by some sort of injury and when he is hurt it leaves no other option on the club to fill the role. So just the fact that Podsednik is on the roster tends to hurt the team.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 09:50 AM)
The Sox were 24-6 last year when Pods stole a base in a game. I don't know what it means, but we need more stats like that this year.

I wonder what our numbers were when he was caught stealing in a game.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 11:35 AM)
Erstad had a .340 OBP as a leadoff hitter when he went down, that'd not good at all. Matthews has been pretty outstanding this year where as Roberts and Pierre have been horrific. The problem with Podsednik is he's never fully healthy, meaning his production is always hampered by some sort of injury and when he is hurt it leaves no other option on the club to fill the role. So just the fact that Podsednik is on the roster tends to hurt the team.

I wouldn't call Matthews "outstanding"...his OBP is only 12 points higher with only 9 stolen bases.

Edited by RibbieRubarb

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 11:50 AM)
The Sox were 24-6 last year when Pods stole a base in a game. I don't know what it means, but we need more stats like that this year.

I think what it means is KW should find the best lead off hitter he can find, and quit with the patchwork.

QUOTE(briguy27 @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 12:21 PM)
what do u do for a living that u have a press pass?

I get press credentials for Soxtalk and FutureSox but I also work part-time at a newspaper.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 12:21 PM)
I wouldn't call Matthews "outstanding"...his OBP is only 12 points higher with only 9 stolen bases.

His SLUG% is 120 points higher than Erstad's (that's 42 more TB, HUGE difference) to go along with the higher OBP and twice as many extra base hits. He's also playing terrific defense and has avoided the disabled list unlike Mr. Grindy. An .812 OPS from a great defensive CF who also gives you some good speed is one hell of an asset.

He's also created 37 runs this year (4 less than Ichiro) compare that to Erstad's 19.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I get press credentials for Soxtalk and FutureSox but I also work part-time at a newspaper.

oh ok i see

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think what it means is KW should find the best lead off hitter he can find, and quit with the patchwork.

yea like ichiro

Odd, I'm not sure I've seen one person on SoxTalk say "I hope Prancer does awful, I hate that b****!!" as it was said on page one. Just because alot, ALOT of us don't like him being brought back for 2007, sure as hell doesn't mean we're going to root against him.

There are quite a few posters on SoxTalk that seem to confuse agitation and frustration with a player as dislike for the teams wellbeing. I don't get it.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 03:21 PM)
Odd, I'm not sure I've seen one person on SoxTalk say "I hope Prancer does awful, I hate that b****!!" as it was said on page one. Just because alot, ALOT of us don't like him being brought back for 2007, sure as hell doesn't mean we're going to root against him.

There are quite a few posters on SoxTalk that seem to confuse agitation and frustration with a player as dislike for the teams wellbeing. I don't get it.

Right, this coming from the guy who says he is Pods #1 critic and displays an avatar of the guy getting hit in the head with a fly ball.... :D

Yep, its true. I am a 100% Pods hater. I think it was a huge mistake to sink money into a DL ridden 0 tool guy.

BUT, fact is, I root for him to do well everytime he is out there, because I want this TEAM to win, and if that takes Prancer doing great things, so be it.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 6, 2007 -> 01:21 PM)

You know what would kick some major arse? Podsednik coming back and performing well enough to give himself some trade value.