2007 MLB Amateur Draft Thread

Flash Tizzle

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 01:33 PM)
Danny, where do you think the Mizzou boys go? I could see some in top 15 rounds.

Tepesch- the recruit anywhere from 2nd-5th depending on the word on his signability

Priday- day 2 because his overall numbers this year looked mediocre despite the unreal 2nd half; also he's a DH despite playing OF and C in the past- an injury hurt him in that respect

Bond- day 2, I don't think he will get picked that highly, but Mizzou people tend to think he's gone. He's not that toolsy, but a damn good college player IMO.

Frey- day 1, 6th-10th round maybe. Solid defender, solid arm, good contact and speed to go with back to back good performance years. I don't see why he wouldn't go day 1.

A few other recruits should go, but it's hard to tell because MLB teams will know how signable they are and we don't.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 01:36 PM)
Tepesch- the recruit anywhere from 2nd-5th depending on the word on his signability

Priday- day 2 because his overall numbers this year looked mediocre despite the unreal 2nd half; also he's a DH despite playing OF and C in the past- an injury hurt him in that respect

Bond- day 2, I don't think he will get picked that highly, but Mizzou people tend to think he's gone. He's not that toolsy, but a damn good college player IMO.

Frey- day 1, 6th-10th round maybe. Solid defender, solid arm, good contact and speed to go with back to back good performance years. I don't see why he wouldn't go day 1.

A few other recruits should go, but it's hard to tell because MLB teams will know how signable they are and we don't.

I hope Tepesch goes to somewhere bad like Washington or Pittsburgh, so he doesn't sign. If STL or KC took him, I think he would sign. Anywhere in the midwest actually.

Wieters to the Orioles, very good pick.

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 01:36 PM)
Not according to ESPN

8. Daniel Moskos, lhp

School: Clemson. Class: Jr.

B-T: R-L. Ht.: 6-1. Wt.: 200. Birthdate: 4/28/86.

Scouting Report: A Greenville, S.C., native, Moskos moved to California with his family, but returned to his roots to attend Clemson. He posted a 5.40 ERA in 21 relief appearances as a freshman, then inherited the Tigers' closer role as a sophomore and showed potential. He ranked as the No. 3 prospect for USA Baseball's college national team last summer, when he amassed 35 strikeouts and a stingy 0.86 ERA in 21 innings. With feel for three potentially plus pitched, he moved into Clemson's rotation near midseason and profiles as middle of the rotation starter in the big leagues. Stocky and compact, Moskos pounds the zone with a 91-95 mph fastball that bumped 97 out of the bullpen. He has a wipeout slider that has been up to 87 and also shows a more conventional curveball that he tends to use earlier in the count, just to keep hitters off balance. His changeup has fade, and he mixed all four of his pitches extremely well. Moskos has solid-average command of all of his stuff. He lacks projection and doesn't hold runners well. He joins Ross Detwiler and David Price as the cream of an especially strong crop of lefthanders in this year's draft.

Stupid to take a middle of the rotation starter with the #4 pick.

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jun 7, 2007 -> 01:38 PM)
8. Daniel Moskos, lhp

School: Clemson. Class: Jr.

B-T: R-L. Ht.: 6-1. Wt.: 200. Birthdate: 4/28/86.

Scouting Report: A Greenville, S.C., native, Moskos moved to California with his family, but returned to his roots to attend Clemson. He posted a 5.40 ERA in 21 relief appearances as a freshman, then inherited the Tigers' closer role as a sophomore and showed potential. He ranked as the No. 3 prospect for USA Baseball's college national team last summer, when he amassed 35 strikeouts and a stingy 0.86 ERA in 21 innings. With feel for three potentially plus pitched, he moved into Clemson's rotation near midseason and profiles as middle of the rotation starter in the big leagues. Stocky and compact, Moskos pounds the zone with a 91-95 mph fastball that bumped 97 out of the bullpen. He has a wipeout slider that has been up to 87 and also shows a more conventional curveball that he tends to use earlier in the count, just to keep hitters off balance. His changeup has fade, and he mixed all four of his pitches extremely well. Moskos has solid-average command of all of his stuff. He lacks projection and doesn't hold runners well. He joins Ross Detwiler and David Price as the cream of an especially strong crop of lefthanders in this year's draft.

Stupid to take a middle of the rotation starter with the #4 pick.

yeah, youre right