Buehrle Fest

DBAHO

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 7, 2007 -> 07:15 PM)
Wow. Your sarcastic posts are just flying over some heads today.
Yeah I need to really use the green text.

QUOTE(TheHolyBovine @ Jul 7, 2007 -> 07:25 PM)
His peripherals are garbage, unlike MB. His decline will be steep and unforgiving as he ages.
Note to self, do not get into a numbers battle with Kalapse, you will lose 99% of the time. I think I won once. Edited by RME JICO

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 7, 2007 -> 08:50 PM)
So you think avoiding baseball's most important agent and not giving your best pitcher a really cheap deal over a NTC that only matters until 2010, and refusing to give any NTC's is a direction toward success? If you do, that's fine and your problem, but don't blame me for having enough of a brain to know what direction we are heading in.

Listen man, enough with the jabs. You are a self admitted over-reactionist, dont start slinging crap because I dont agree with you that the world just ended because the Sox are considering, not even concluded with, trading Mark buehrle. we all have to read your stuff every day, but we dont have to agree with it. I have known you on this site for a long time and you should know that I am messing with you, Chicken little. Deal with it or keep yelling the sky is falling, but dont get mad at me because I dont agree

If the ESPN info is correct, there is zero justification for the Sox not resigning Mark.

That also means KW flat out lied his face off about the whole situation. The only way to save face now is to resign him, otherwise this is going to be the biggest mistake of the KW era (which hopefully ends soon).

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Jul 7, 2007 -> 08:57 PM)
If the ESPN info is correct, there is zero justification for the Sox not resigning Mark.

That also means KW flat out lied his face off about the whole situation. The only way to save face now is to resign him, otherwise this is going to be the biggest mistake of the KW era (which hopefully ends soon).

The Q&A session at Soxfest should be overflowing with people lining up to question this crap.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jul 7, 2007 -> 08:37 PM)
But don't you look at this like Rosenthal did? That this is too close for no deal to happen?

There just seem to be so many potential compromises, if Mark is willing to accept some trade risk, that allow the Sox to save face, too. How can this not happen?

The Sox simply don't want to sign him, that's how it will not happen. This whole thing was initiated by Buehrle and leaked to the media so that the Sox had to deal with it. Their way of dealing with it is to use the NTC as an excuse to not sign him. I think the Sox position is that he is simply not worth signing to the proposed deal. It makes sense when you have a stable of young major league ready starters like Gavin Floyd waiting in the wings....at least from the Sox perspective.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 7, 2007 -> 07:59 PM)
The Q&A session at Soxfest should be overflowing with people lining up to question this crap.

People seriously need to bring out the "FIRE KW" signs tomorrow before the ASB if that info is true.

Also, the best thing to do would be to boycott Soxfest and have one rep show with a ton of questions. That would be hilarious.

You know what this whole situation reminds me of? When Scott Skiles got his extension in 2005. All sides hated each other and then a deal magically appeared when Skiles met with Reinsdorf. Its why I am holding out hope

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 7, 2007 -> 08:59 PM)

Yes, but the answer to those questions is very simple:

"We are cheap and unreasonably risk averse. See Chicago Bulls."

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 7, 2007 -> 08:56 PM)
Listen man, enough with the jabs. You are a self admitted over-reactionist, dont start slinging crap because I dont agree with you that the world just ended because the Sox are considering, not even concluded with, trading Mark buehrle. we all have to read your stuff every day, but we dont have to agree with it. I have known you on this site for a long time and you should know that I am messing with you, Chicken little. Deal with it or keep yelling the sky is falling, but dont get mad at me because I dont agree

Hey if you are going to agree with the organization basically saying they don't want any high draft picks or top free agents ever, that's your problem. But if your going to call me out personally for having the opinion that basically everybody on this board except you and a few other people with a....different perspective have, I'm not just going to ignore it. Call out all the people that agree with me on this too, it's not like I'm being a chicken little to say not signing an elite lefty for below market price is being unreasonable.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 7, 2007 -> 07:59 PM)

People seriously need to bring out the "FIRE KW" signs tomorrow before the ASB if that info is true.

Also, the best thing to do would be to boycott Soxfest and have one rep show with a ton of questions. That would be hilarious.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 7, 2007 -> 09:01 PM)
You know what this whole situation reminds me of? When Scott Skiles got his extension in 2005. All sides hated each other and then a deal magically appeared when Skiles met with Reinsdorf. Its why I am holding out hope

Skiles didn't want a no trade clause.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 7, 2007 -> 09:02 PM)
Hey if you are going to agree with the organization basically saying they don't want any high draft picks or top free agents ever, that's your problem. But if your going to call me out personally for having the opinion that basically everybody on this board except you and a few other people with a....different perspective have, I'm not just going to ignore it. Call out all the people that agree with me on this too, it's not like I'm being a chicken little to say not signing an elite lefty for below market price is being unreasonable.

thats not what you said. you said "Enjoy 2005 everybody, it won't happen again until we have a new GM and Owner."

Knee

Jerk

Over

Reaction

Which is where I started teasing you about Chicken little and the sky is falling. I never once said I support this decision, I dont. But I also dont believe that the Sox will all the sudden become the Pittsburgh Pirates after having one bad half of a season and (possibly) trading away Buehrle

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 7, 2007 -> 09:03 PM)
Skiles didn't want a no trade clause.

lol, this is true

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(TheHolyBovine @ Jul 7, 2007 -> 10:00 PM)
In "internet land"?

You must have an AMAZING post office.

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Jul 7, 2007 -> 10:00 PM)
The Sox simply don't want to sign him, that's how it will not happen. This whole thing was initiated by Buehrle and leaked to the media so that the Sox had to deal with it. Their way of dealing with it is to use the NTC as an excuse to not sign him. I think the Sox position is that he is simply not worth signing to the proposed deal. It makes sense when you have a stable of young major league ready starters like Gavin Floyd waiting in the wings....at least from the Sox perspective.

Wasn't Mark's rep the first person to say that absolutely nothing had been talked about, that nothing was going on? If the Sox just don't want to keep him, why not just go along with that? Why did they seem so much more reluctant to say that?

Personally, I think a NTC is a pretty big deal. Any pitcher is a huge risk, although I think Mark is giving a big enough discount to take that risk. But now that Mark has shown some flexibility on that point, I'll really look at what the Sox offer. There's definitely a deal in the middle there.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 7, 2007 -> 09:06 PM)
thats not what you said. you said "Enjoy 2005, it isnt going to happen again until we get a new GM and a new Owner"

Knee

Jerk

Over

Reaction

Which is where I started teasing you about Chicken little and the sky is falling. I never once said I support this decision, I dont. But I also dont believe that the Sox will all the sudden become the Pittsburgh Pirates after having one bad half of a season and (possibly) trading away Buehrle

When did I say we'd become the Pirates? I'm just saying you can't win a World Series by ignoring the biggest agent in baseball and not giving any no trade clauses. That isn't to say we'll suck, but if we go that route we have to win by drafting well and making a lot of good trades, and although we've done part 2 of that under KW, we have not done part 1. Plus, we're in a pretty good division, so I'm not counting on success unless policies change, and that goes for the GM and Owner. Those 2 could win, but policies must change and 2 men that stubborn don't strike me as types that will adjust to a changing market.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 02:08 AM)
When did I say we'd become the Pirates? I'm just saying you can't win a World Series by ignoring the biggest agent in baseball and not giving any no trade clauses. That isn't to say we'll suck, but if we go that route we have to win by drafting well and making a lot of good trades, and although we've done part 2 of that under KW, we have not done part 1. Plus, we're in a pretty good division, so I'm not counting on success unless policies change, and that goes for the GM and Owner. Those 2 could win, but policies must change and 2 men that stubborn don't strike me as types that will adjust to a changing market.

I have no clue how JR and KW think they can get the talent level back up again to be playoff caliber.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 7, 2007 -> 09:01 PM)

I said ... oh about 60 pages ago in this thread, this situation needs to be like the Konerko deal, where Mr. Reinsdorf tells the B-team ( Williams, Hahn, etc), "Thanks guys, but I will take it over from here before you further embarass the organization."

If what I just read on ESPN.com is true, and they don't resign him somehow, then I'm going to have a real hard time paying money to see, listen, or watch this team as long as Kenny Williams has anything to do with the organization. In short, this is bulls***, and it's hard to root for a team whose management treats players like Mark Buehrle this way. And for anyone that says "see ya" or "dont let the door hit you on the way out" or something similar...that's fine, just keep your head in the sand and watch Kenny Williams, and the rest of the front office run this team back into the ground.