Films Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 18, 2008 -> 10:56 AM)
With the Batman franchise, I don't scoff at anything.

They marketed the hell outta that thing almost two years prior.

agreed, there was tons of viral marketing.

Thats a well made fan poster

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Wikipedia

Nolan series

Director Christopher Nolan took the helm as director of the new Batman franchise with the 2005 film Batman Begins. In The Gotham Times, a viral marketing website promoting the 2008 film The Dark Knight, Edward Nashton, an alias of The Riddler, is credited for a letter to the editor titled "Dent Cannot Be Believed" in Issue 2 page 2. Although Anthony Michael Hall was rumored to be playing the Riddler, he actually played a reporter named Mike Engel. While doing press for The Dark Knight, Gary Oldman alluded that the Riddler could be the villain in the proposed third film.[5] Doctor Who actor David Tennant has recently expressed an interest in playing the role.[6]

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Aug 17, 2008 -> 02:57 PM)
I thought it was good, but not as great as the reviews it's getting. I didn't think Robert Downey Jr was that funny and Jack Black had a few decent lines. The main "cameo" was much more than and I thought he was the best in the film. Danny McBride had a good character as well. I loved the ending.

Saw it tonight and you hit it right on the head. Going in, I had no idea about the cameo and it took me a while to realize who it was.

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 19, 2008 -> 07:53 AM)
OMG!Tropic Thunder was f***ing

HORRIBLE and Iam putting this in spoilers because I want everyone else to waste their time and money on this piece of garbage so I wont feel as bad.

You echoed my sentiments. I don't know how it's getting such good reviews. It's terrible.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 19, 2008 -> 12:00 PM)
It came down to TT or Pineapple Express. I wish I'd seen PE. The 'previews' at the beginning of TT were probably the funniest part.

As I said a week and a half ago, Pineapple Express was phenomenal and hilarious!

It came down to TT or Pineapple Express. I wish I'd seen PE. The 'previews' at the beginning of TT were probably the funniest part.

My gf and I were running late and came in during Stiller's. After the movie she thought they were still real.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Aug 21, 2008 -> 06:12 PM)
My gf and I were running late and came in during Stiller's. After the movie she thought they were still real.

Haha, I thought it was real at first when that Alpa Chino one happened I was like "What the? Can they say that on a preview???"

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 11:49 AM)
Want to know when you know you have a great mom? When she takes your wife to "Sisterhood of Traveling Pants 2" so that you will never, ever have to see it.

You are a lucky motherf***er.

Alright, here we go. I didn't think "Tropic Thunder" was as bad as a lot of people say. I laughed a few times and was entertained. It wasn't as great as some critics say. McConaghey was awesome and RDJr.

It's one of those movies I watched, liked, but won't buy or watch again.

The part I laughed the most at, was when McConaghey tells Stiller that he is lucky that he gets to pick his son. Than pans to the photo of him with the cheesy smile next to his son. I have no idea why I found it so hilarious, but it took me like a minute to settle down.

Also, like 4 people walked out in the middle of it. I think that is stupid. You pay $7 a piece to see a movie than leave in the middle of it. I have paid to see some stinkers and stuck around for the whole thing so I don't feel jipped.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 03:50 PM)
Alright, here we go. I didn't think "Tropic Thunder" was as bad as a lot of people say. I laughed a few times and was entertained. It wasn't as great as some critics say. McConaghey was awesome and RDJr.

It's one of those movies I watched, liked, but won't buy or watch again.

The part I laughed the most at, was when McConaghey tells Stiller that he is lucky that he gets to pick his son. Than pans to the photo of him with the cheesy smile next to his son. I have no idea why I found it so hilarious, but it took me like a minute to settle down.

Also, like 4 people walked out in the middle of it. I think that is stupid. You pay $7 a piece to see a movie than leave in the middle of it. I have paid to see some stinkers and stuck around for the whole thing so I don't feel jipped.

First of all, that's an insult to my proud Gypsy heritage.

Second, I've only walked out of (I think) three movies in my entire life. And I've seen a ton of movies. The reason I understand walking out of a movie goes back to basic economics. You already paid the money. It's a sunk cost, and you are not getting it back. But, you could presumably spend the rest of the time, that you would have been in the theater, doing something you actually like. I wouldn't do it that often, as I said that I've only done it a couple of times, but sometimes it is warranted.

Since there's little point in watching the game that's on right now, I'm going to watch Road to Perdition. This is going to be my personal farewell to Paul Newman. To me, this was his greatest role. He was a guy I could never see as a bad guy, and then he went and pulled it off perfectly in this role.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 22, 2008 -> 09:42 PM)
Since there's little point in watching the game that's on right now, I'm going to watch Road to Perdition. This is going to be my personal farewell to Paul Newman. To me, this was his greatest role. He was a guy I could never see as a bad guy, and then he went and pulled it off perfectly in this role.

Such an underrated movie. I remember the first time I saw it, the score stood out and sure enough it won the Oscar. Great visually as well. What the hell happened to Sam Mendes? This and American Beauty and that crap.