Catch-All Anything Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 08:59 PM)
I love my job. Very cushy. Too cushy for a guy as young as I, but that's fine by me.

Anyway,

Cute story.

The girl that I am seeing and I were making out in the subway at Grand/State downtown. The platforms are divided by a wall and there's a small break in the barrier from which you can see either side. She and I are making out and suddenly you hear a catcall of "Get a room!" followed by "Tell my husband about that!" and "Whoa!" and all the other things that get yelled out by people watching two people kiss. Well, we break up, laughing, look around and see a few people watching us kiss. We get back to it and the guys are cheering us on and the Subway Guitar Player Across the Platform is really heckling us. He calls out that I'm the man, calls out that I need to get a room, calls out this and that, and then out of nowhere he gets this huge grin on his face and starts playing "My Girl."

It was the cutest thing I've ever been involved in that I hadn't planned. (Since I am, of course, rather romantic without anyone else's assistance.)

I hear all the ladies like Gavin Floyd neckbeards.

I DROVE A f***ING TRACTOR TODAY FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE. I'm clearly elated.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jul 24, 2007 -> 05:39 PM)
If you want a little strategy, read below, but if not pretend the post ends here:

Get the boomerang balloon, as you blow up the bomb cluster. Then you will be able to clear all the balloons above you with the boomerang. After that, hit the orange spike balloons to activate the pacman (with the pacman, go counterclockwise from where you start, and you should be able to get all the balloons down there). After that, try to hit the purple balloon at the same time, having it fall on the bomb resting on the bouncy floor. Finally, all you should have to do is hit the bomb in the set at the top of the level.

And for people that have never played this game, that paragraph has to look f***ing insane.

thanks, I beat it

I work indoors. And it was still 102 degrees today. Felt nice, seeing as how it was 110 yesterday. I drink 100 ounces of water at work, and I urinate twice a day. That's just how much I sweat. Quite ridiculous, really.

Cooking is fun, but when it gets that hot, it can be a major drag.

I work indoors. And it was still 102 degrees today. Felt nice, seeing as how it was 110 yesterday. I drink 100 ounces of water at work, and I urinate twice a day. That's just how much I sweat. Quite ridiculous, really.

Cooking is fun, but when it gets that hot, it can be a major drag.

Wite = mustard_man.jpg ?

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 10:18 AM)
picked up a digi001 with pro tools 6.4 this week. ($275) Just need a condensor mic and the album will follow.

Pro tools is good and very easy to use. I used that and Sound Edit 16 in college.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 25, 2007 -> 10:16 PM)

The best one of these Ive ever seen was a few years ago. I think it was Britney Spears and it had something about having a phone in her dressing room that only worked for incoming calls and the number wasnt to be given out, but if the phone rang they fined the place.

Anybody else watch "Scott Baio is 45 and Single" on VH1? It's ok but seems some parts are scripted. I hope there aren't many guys out there like his friend Johnny. Baio seems like a decent guy with good intentions.

Also been watching "Rock of Love". If you wanna see 20 trainwrecks fight over a has been musician, it's for you. It's funny cuz all the girls call each other names and just make fools of themselves.

Tech/internet question:

So my internet is running fine, fast as you would expect except for f***ing baseball-reference. This is a relatively ordinary site that runs quick for just about everyone in the world yet it crawls like a mother f***er for me. What could be the possible explanation for 1 particular site to run slow (ordinary site, no flash, no nothing) while every other site is fast as ever?

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 31, 2007 -> 08:14 PM)
Tech/internet question:

So my internet is running fine, fast as you would expect except for f***ing baseball-reference. This is a relatively ordinary site that runs quick for just about everyone in the world yet it crawls like a mother f***er for me. What could be the possible explanation for 1 particular site to run slow (ordinary site, no flash, no nothing) while every other site is fast as ever?

Clear your cache and give it a few go-rounds. OR baseball-reference happens to be doing tech upgrades every time you visit the site. :lol: