The Roberto Alomar Fuck Yes Thread

SoxFan1

Alomar may have been 5 times the player a few years ago but now he isnt, and maybe its because he was in new york, i dont know, but Jimenez hasnt been bad, he has done a good job..

He hasnt cost us a ton of games.. he is a good player and will be for the sox for years to come. Alomar will help him with his Defense and youll see..

Stats are everything.. It doesnt matter what Alomar has done in the past, its what he can do for us NOW! Thats what I am interested in, I like Alomar, but I also like DJ and dont think you should be as excited as you are DJ isnt gonna be playing because he is a good player.. Hitting .290 off lefties as well, so using him on the bench would be key

Jimenez is a dope with no baseball acumen. I think he may post good numbers someday, numbers teams will pay a lot of money for. But he won't be worth it. He is horrible in the field, and horrible on the bases. Chances are he will never improve in these areas, perhaps some time at Charlotte will wake him up, but I doubt it. He was almost killed a few years ago, yet he takes his priviledge of playing in the major leagues for granted, he is a fool.

Jimenez is a dope with no baseball acumen. I think he may post good numbers someday, numbers teams will pay a lot of money for. But he won't be worth it. He is horrible in the field, and horrible on the bases. Chances are he will never improve in these areas, perhaps some time at Charlotte will wake him up, but I doubt it. He was almost killed a few years ago, yet he takes his priviledge of playing in the major leagues for granted, he is a fool.

D'LO plays stupid......I'll admit that... But I think he brings alot of skill to the table. If he's just cast off.... that's not a good thing we should let him be the superutility guy that he should be.

Cut Rios.

Hah! "A stud second baseman"... "smart baserunner"... "should improve our fielding" Hah! Alomar is a dog, but he's your dog now. He didn't run well, field well, or hit well. He was anything but a leader in the clubhouse, and all that about him being a smart player? Throws to the wrong base, bunts at dopey times, and that stupid head first slide into first! You can't tell him anything, he knows it all. Clutch? He doesn't know the meaning of clutch. 22 RBI in half a season. Real hall of fame stats. You could say it's a slump, but he was the same all last year.

Thank God he's gone.

Meanwhile, you gave up Ring, who looks like our closer when we heave Benitez the Gutless. Almonte's stats since May 1st are scary. Salvo looks like a potential benchwarmer. For Norfolk. So, you didn't overpay. Especially since we have to pay Alomar's salary.

Dont come over here acting like your all cool cuz you got rid of a future hall of famer! Why did he play bad? Cuz he played on a s***ty ass team! Id play like a piece of s*** if I was on a last place team too!

Hah!  "A stud second baseman"... "smart baserunner"... "should improve our fielding" Hah! Alomar is a dog, but he's your dog now.  He didn't run well, field well, or hit well.  He was anything but a leader in the clubhouse, and all that about him being a smart player? Throws to the wrong base, bunts at dopey times, and that stupid head first slide into first!  You can't tell him anything, he knows it all.  Clutch? He doesn't know the meaning of clutch.  22 RBI in half a season.  Real hall of fame stats. You could say it's a slump, but he was the same all last year.

Thank God he's gone. 

Meanwhile, you gave up Ring, who looks like our closer when we heave Benitez the Gutless.  Almonte's stats since May 1st are scary.  Salvo looks like a potential benchwarmer.  For Norfolk. So, you didn't overpay. Especially since we have to pay Alomar's salary.

Liman, I hope that Alomar plays very differently than he did for the Mets. If he doesn't, then the gamble wasn't worth it. But I do think he was an upgrade and will help the Sox.

From someone that has seen Ring many times, I don't think you are getting what everyone is saying. Don't get me wrong, I think he will be a solid Major League pitcher, but he has setup man written all over him in my mind. It is always reported that he has a great fastball and throws in the 90's, but he has not done that here. I have seen him pitch many times and stood behind the scouts so I could see the radar guns and Ring threw his fastball consistently at 87-88. He rarely ever hit 90.

I hope he does well and hope that the trade works out for both teams. Ring can still make a lot of money and have a nice career, I just don't think it will be as a closer in the Big Leagues.

I sure hope alomar plays better being back in the AL. we don't want another royce!!!

...DJ has been alright... but i DO NOT like him anywhere but 2b... yall saw him screw up a routine dp the other day at 3rd... valentine has better range @ ss

so where do we put harris? dj?

Bienvenido a CHICAGO Roberto Alomar!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dam the best 2bman in the game and he's PR. WoooHooo Everett may be a nut but he playus hard and swings a good bat!!! Woohoo!!!

I am not a big R.Alomar fan :huh:

Let me put in perspective for you. He may be past his prime, but as hawk said today, Alomar is the best 2nd baseman he has ever seen. I dont know how you cant like a guy like that. he is going to help the sox, trust me.

Let me put in perspective for you.  He may be past his prime, but as hawk said today, Alomar is the best 2nd baseman he has ever seen. I dont know how you cant like a guy like that.  he is going to help the sox, trust me.

If it takes us to the top BMR , I am all for it :D

This is terrific news for Roberto Alomar owners in fantasy leagues. Alomar's current numbers may stink, but get ready for a new, happy Alomar -- now out of the media spotlight in New Yawk -- to explode. This is a guy who, when motivated, can succeed. He's got six steals, but I expect him to run a lot more on a team that allows it. Nobody runs in New York, and nobody runs for Art Howe. He's got power, but Shea Stadium hurts him, while Chicago's U.S. Cellular Field is more hitter friendly. The ChiSox also have a much better lineup, and Alomar should score loads of runs ahead of Magglio Ordonez and Frank Thomas. Don't forget that in 2001 Alomar hit .336 with 66 extra-base hits and 30 steals. I'm thinking numbers like that are on the way and I would definitely add him if he's a free agent in your league, or try to trade for him.

-- Eric Karabell,

ESPN Fantasy Games

Just found this...