Official College Football Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Dec 5, 2007 -> 11:45 AM)
Yeah I do. If LSU can play the "But" game - "But our two losses were both in triple overtime," then USC can play that game too - "But we only lost to Stanford (by one point) because our quarterback broke his hand in the game."

USC's loss to Stanford was the greatest upset in college history according to the point spread. They could not find another game where a 40+ point underdog won outright.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Dec 5, 2007 -> 11:31 PM)
USC's loss to Stanford was the greatest upset in college history according to the point spread. They could not find another game where a 40+ point underdog won outright.

Yeah, but there are games without lines, i.e. App St and Michigan. To me that's a bigger upset.

The people with power here at NIU LOVE McCarney apparently and he's a high up candidate on the list. I guess they think what McCarney did at ISU is simlar to what Novak did here, which is true. He took a program that had never done anything to it's greatest heights ever, yet always found a way to not quite win the conference. He even has the signature collapse game when a conference title seemed near, just like Joe (McCarney had the disaster at an awful Kansas team, Novak has the 2005 MAC Title game).

Apparently Grobe is staying at Wake Forest. LOL, this is just what Arkansas fans do. They have supposedly had everyone from Tommy Tubberville, Mike Leach, to hometown guy Butch Davis as done deals, and of course nothing works for them. Hilarious to watch their coaching search.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 03:17 PM)
Apparently Grobe is staying at Wake Forest. LOL, this is just what Arkansas fans do. They have supposedly had everyone from Tommy Tubberville, Mike Leach, to hometown guy Butch Davis as done deals, and of course nothing works for them. Hilarious to watch their coaching search.

the razorback fanbase is delusional and always has been.

as an aside, i think grobe would have been a perfect fit at nebraska.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 12:02 AM)
Yeah, but there are games without lines, i.e. App St and Michigan. To me that's a bigger upset.

I don't disagree. But the poster was comparing USC's loss to Stanford to LSU's 3OT losses to Kentucky and Arkansas. Night and day!

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 04:17 PM)

Don't forget that Bill Self was a lock for them.

If you get the chance, try to watch the replay of the ESPN awards show tonight. Chris Fowler tried to make a joke at the beginning about Snoop and Dr. Dre, and I don't think I've ever seen a joke bomb more. There literally was no reaction from the crowd. Even Corso and Herbie made fun of how bad Fowler was.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 6, 2007 -> 03:48 AM)
The people with power here at NIU LOVE McCarney apparently and he's a high up candidate on the list. I guess they think what McCarney did at ISU is simlar to what Novak did here, which is true. He took a program that had never done anything to it's greatest heights ever, yet always found a way to not quite win the conference. He even has the signature collapse game when a conference title seemed near, just like Joe (McCarney had the disaster at an awful Kansas team, Novak has the 2005 MAC Title game).

He'll frustrate you but he'll pour his heart into the program.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Dec 8, 2007 -> 01:40 AM)
He'll frustrate you but he'll pour his heart into the program.

Sounds like the guy that just retired here. Anyways, Armanti Edwards of the beloved Appy State Mountaineers had quite a night leading his team within 1 win of their 3rd straight FCS (1-AA) title. He was 14 for 16 for 182 yards and 3 TD's passing, but that's not the story. Edwards set an all time NCAA record (regardless of classification) for rushing yards by a QB in any game, as he had 31 carries for 313 yards and 4 TD's, breaking the previous all time all classification record of 308 yards rushing by former NIU QB great Stacy Robinson (I never thought that record would fall either). The scary part about this dude is he's only a sophomore, and yeah I know he's only 6', 175 but how is he not at a 1-A school? All I can say to you SIU fans that I know roam around here is if you win tonight to make the finals, good luck with stopping that guy.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(Felix @ Dec 11, 2007 -> 07:44 PM)
Did I miss something in that video, or is it just a bunch of people cheering for their football coach? Doesn't seem that special to me, unless I've missed something (which is very possible).

Nah you didn't miss anything other than it doesn't take much more than beating Iowa to sell ISU fans early on. :ph34r: