Official College Football Thread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE(SnB @ Dec 3, 2007 -> 08:23 AM)
it kinda blows that after waiting 4 years for some kind of bowl that the illini finally make one and it's waaaaaaaay too expensive for me to go to it.

bah.

A) I didn't get any bowl game while in school, so quit yer b****in :bang

B) It went from a reality last night to suddenly not happening? Odd

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Dec 3, 2007 -> 11:56 AM)
You are crazy. USC will destroy Illinois. Their offense is clicking on all levels right now, and should've been given the chance to play for the National Title.

After the Rose Bowl, people will clamor for a +1 game (if not an actual playoff), wondering what would happen if USC played Ohio St or LSU.

Even if USC wins, Georgia and Oklahoma are still vastly superior teams, so I think you need to slow down on the doses of Troy kool aid. And I apparently get a different TV reception than you do, because the USC offense has been awful for 9 weeks now, with the exception of the Arizona State game. That group (the USC offense) might be the biggest dissapointment in college football this season when you consider their talent.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 3, 2007 -> 02:58 PM)
And I apparently get a different TV reception than you do, because the USC offense has been awful for 9 weeks now, with the exception of the Arizona State game. That group (the USC offense) might be the biggest dissapointment in college football this season when you consider their talent.

Bingo.

All USC has got is Fred Davis, hes having a monsterous year and hes definitely going to give Illinois the most troubles. Really kind of surprising because they have some talented WRs with some size but they aren't making plays, I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Patrick Turner came up big for them when the game comes because its hard for most corners to match up with him. And their running backs have been terribly inconsistent, although Mcknight is improving.

Although their O has looked good when JDB plays.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Dec 3, 2007 -> 11:56 AM)
You are crazy. USC will destroy Illinois. Their offense is clicking on all levels right now, and should've been given the chance to play for the National Title.

After the Rose Bowl, people will clamor for a +1 game (if not an actual playoff), wondering what would happen if USC played Ohio St or LSU.

You really think a team that lost to Stanford deserves to play in a national title game?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 3, 2007 -> 04:03 PM)
You really think a team that lost to Stanford deserves to play in a national title game?

Yeah I do. If LSU can play the "But" game - "But our two losses were both in triple overtime," then USC can play that game too - "But we only lost to Stanford (by one point) because our quarterback broke his hand in the game."

Basically, it all goes to show there should be a playoff system. After LSU's performance against Tennessee, I think USC could destroy them.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Dec 5, 2007 -> 11:45 AM)
Yeah I do. If LSU can play the "But" game - "But our two losses were both in triple overtime," then USC can play that game too - "But we only lost to Stanford (by one point) because our quarterback broke his hand in the game."

Basically, it all goes to show there should be a playoff system. After LSU's performance against Tennessee, I think USC could destroy them.

A team with USCs talent shouldn't lose to Stanford at home, no matter who gets hurt..

I don't think LSU should have the excuse either, but at least their losses were to legit teams one of which finished ranked and the other receiving votes to be ranked as well..

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Dec 5, 2007 -> 05:45 PM)

come on though, arkansas and kentucky are no where CLOSE to the upset that stanfords was. Stanford was playing their backup QB too!