Cubs claim Podsednik; Pods still here (for now)

Linnwood

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think KW has conjured a genious plan. We finally get rid of Pods so we get an A baller in return, and KW can breath a sigh of relief because we have Grinderstad!

That said, I am not as harsh towards Erstad as a lot of people are. Before he got injured, he was producing. IMO his injury is the only reason people can say much negative about him.

Edited by TheBigHurt

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Aug 9, 2007 -> 11:24 AM)
That said, I am not as harsh towards Erstad as a lot of people are. Before he got injured, he was producing. IMO his injury is the only reason people can say much negative about him.

Darin Erstad hit .264 with a .652 OPS in the first half.

The only reason people say he was producing was that the other 1/2 of the lineup was hitting around .200, and he looked good by comparison.

Darin Erstad hit .264 with a .652 OPS in the first half.

The only reason people say he was producing was that the other 1/2 of the lineup was hitting around .200, and he looked good by comparison.

That makes sense, but he was coming through with the clutch hits, decent speed, and he also had some pretty damn good defense (its not ALL about hitting). So IMO, that made Erstad valuable.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Aug 9, 2007 -> 01:30 PM)
That makes sense, but he was coming through with the clutch hits, decent speed, and he also had some pretty damn good defense (its not ALL about hitting). So IMO, that made Erstad valuable.

I thought his defense was rather mediocre, you could tell he hadn't played the position in a while considering all the stupid mistakes he was making.

QUOTE(Linnwood @ Aug 10, 2007 -> 11:02 AM)
So is this for real this time? Didn't Hendry put out a press release a day or so ago saying this rumor was nonsense?

Hendy was quoted as saying he hadn't talked to Kenny in a few weeks. If the cubs did claim Pods, they wouldn't have had to talk with him. To work out a deal now, both will have to talk though.

the Cubs need someone to play Lf and hit leadoff. They were looking at Stewart. So their interest in Pods makes sense.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 10, 2007 -> 12:07 AM)
Whoa, whoa, whoa, apparently I've missed a lot.

What is wrong with Soriano?

Pods is a Cub?

You missed Soriano pulling his quad running around 2nd base on a single the other day? He is out for 4 weeks, and now Ramirez is out for an undisclosed amount of time as well because his wrist is really bothering him.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Aug 10, 2007 -> 08:36 AM)
Is this official, because I cannot find it mentioned anywhere? I hope it is, but it is odd something like this would not be at any of the other media outlets by now.

Well, ESPN via AM 1000 was the reported source. That's as official as it has gotten. ???

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Aug 10, 2007 -> 08:36 AM)
Is this official, because I cannot find it mentioned anywhere? I hope it is, but it is odd something like this would not be at any of the other media outlets by now.

I heard it on Chicago Baseball Tonight on AM 1000 and on the radio cast of the Cub game last night. They also claimed Shannon Stewart and Casey Blake, and Hendry's trying to work a deal for any of them. The Stewart deal doesn't appear to be happening, from what Levine was saying last night.