All the Red Sox Fans at These Games

GoRowand33

I was at last night's game, and it might as well have been a Boston home game. atleast 75% of my section were rooting for Boston, and they were certainly drowning out all the White-Sox fans, atleast from my perspective

I know it certainly didn't help that we were losing by so much, but in a sold-out home game I was baffled that there seemed to be more red-sox fans than white-sox

Stubhub, etc...

It cracked me up to hear the asshats on Fox talking about how "Red Sox Nation" travels the most out of any other team. I call bulls***. Most of the the time its Johnny Toolbox who lives in Winnetka and has been a HUGE Red Sox fan since ESPN told him to become one in 2004.

The collective Red Sox asskissing that is occuring on Fox today is astounding....

a) Lots of traveling Red Sox fans

B) Lots of Boston transplants living in Chicago

c) Lost of people who probably went to school in Boston

d) Yeah maybe some Cub fans

In '05 during the Boston playoff series, even my local bar had a ton of Red Sox fans. Jerseys and everything.

Riding the el to the game last night from north, tons, of Red Sox fans as well.

QUOTE(chisox72 @ Aug 25, 2007 -> 04:49 PM)
Stubhub, etc...

It cracked me up to hear the asshats on Fox talking about how "Red Sox Nation" travels the most out of any other team. I call bulls***. Most of the the time its Johnny Toolbox who lives in Winnetka and has been a HUGE Red Sox fan since ESPN told him to become one in 2004.

The collective Red Sox asskissing that is occuring on Fox today is astounding....

I was at the game last night, and there were many Sawx fans in my section, yet not once did I hear anything remotely resembling a Boston accent. I had a "die-hard Red Sox" fan behind me who had a Texas accent. Oh yeah, they were all douchebags too. They were taunting White Sox fans non-stop in the section, completely unprovoked.

QUOTE(chisox72 @ Aug 25, 2007 -> 05:28 PM)
If that isn't a hint, then I don't know what is....

Cub Fans...

Thank you and good night...

Well, seeing that the four I was talking to the whole ride included two from Boston, one from Cleveland and on now living in L.A. (all Bostoners originally), no.

I'm sure there's some Cubs fans double-teaming, but the Cubs are in first--why would they waste time at our games at this point?

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 25, 2007 -> 06:53 PM)
It must have been hell sitting there listening to those assholes as their team pummeled our team mercilessly.

Another year, another slew of Red Cub assholes voicing their opinion on how great they are, how their attendance is so great, and basically how they are the best fans in the world. I drank a few beers, then left the game as Buckavich was brought in. I could hear the boos from the parking lot, turned on the game once I got to I55 and heard the wreckage. At this point, I hope the Yanks win the whole damn thing just because I cant stand these guys so much. They are truly the Cubs American League equal. Some dumbf*** behind me was signing Sweet Caroline.

They're all die hards.

I work with a 'Die hard Red Sox fan'. Has the bumper stickers, license plate cover, jerseys, ball signed by the '04 team, etc. Yet he still says things like "the Red Sox won by two points" and "the Red Sox game went into over time". I just let him run his mouth, it's quite amusing.

I was at the game Friday night. Lots of Red Cub fans - probably a quarter or even a third of the actual crowd. But the biggest reason they were so dominant-sounding was two simple things: all the empty seats because the team sucks (which would normally have Sox fans), and because there was NOTHING worth cheering for as a White Sox fan at the game.