Rogers: Basically, Ozzie is trying to get fired on purpose...

caulfield12

One note: Rogers did say in the column he did not think Ozzie was trying to get himself fired but would not blame him if that was the case.

I see Rome today said no way Ozzie would be back after throwing the players under the bus.

I tend to think this explosion by Ozzie wasn't as bad as Rome suggests.

I don't think rich ballplayers, many who tend to be assholes themselves, go to work tonight and say, "I will never play hard for that prick Ozzie again after what he said."

I mean the young players are too young to have an opinion like (many of them will flop and not be around anyway) and the older players know Ozzie is Ozzie.

I think it's a non issue.

The players should be embarrassed at their performance.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 31, 2007 -> 01:56 AM)
I'm excited about the possibility of drafting high and selecting a franchise player, but I'm afraid of whether the opportunity will be wasted because of our obendiece to slot recommendations. Or an avoidance of Boras.

I hope it isn't an issue at all. It would be terrible knowing someone such as Alvarez was available, but because he's commanding two million more than we're willing to pay another less talented player is selected.

I wish the Sox would cut some money on the big league payroll and spend it on the draft/international signings. Hell, the Yankees are already getting impact from their great draft last year (Chamberlain, Kennedy). But they are a team who isn't afraid to spend money in that department.

QUOTE(Soxfest @ Aug 31, 2007 -> 07:43 AM)
Alot is Williams fault, as far as the top 5 pick next year Sox will NOT spend top dollar on a big signing bonus and will draft the most signable guy period and cry about financial restraint!

I disagree completely. I think you'll see the Sox draft the best available player. They're in rebuilding mode now and the money they save over the next 3-5 years on the big league payroll I'm certain will be plowed into the farm system. JR likes to make money. He made a lot of it off the 2005 World Series.

Send Kornerko to LA for a pitching prospect and an outfield prospect.

Do whatever it takes to get Crawford from Tampa.

Trade Garland.

Trade Contreras.

Trade AJ.

Trade Crede.

Sign A-Rod (I freed up ~$40mil).

Rebuild next year.

Compete in 2009.

Cleveland is beatable. So is Detroit. Just not with the team we have.

If we don't dump big names then we aren't going to get anything back in return. And we don't need bandaids like Eckstein. We need long term solutions.

The Dodgers have a surplus of pitching, OFs and SS. Grab one.

The Angels have a surplus of SSs (Wood, Avayar, Cabrera). Grab one.

The Diamondbacks and Mets have a surplus of OFs. Grab one.

Konerko and Crede for Kotchman, Wood and Santana (LA is willing to deal Wood because they can't dump disappointing Kotchman and Santana).

Contreras for Milledge.

AJ for Carlos Quentin.

Quentin/Santana to Tampa for Crawford.

Crawford CF

Richar 2B

Thome DH

Dye RF

Kotchman 1B

Milledge LF

Fields 3B

Wood SS

Hall C

Buehrle

Vazquez

Garland

Danks

Floyd/Gio/Eggy

Sign a couple relievers or trade Garland for some.

Edited by striker62704