2007-08 NBA Thread

Brian

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 08:04 PM)
Since we've had a lot of posts during this thread...let me remind people...http://www.talkbulls.com would be a great place to visit for anyone with even a remote interest in the Bulls.

why do that when we can do it right here!!!!!! woo

anyways we play like this every night we are right back in it ..... :headbang :lol: :lol:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would presume this will lead to the end of JameOn's illustrious Bulls career. What a f***up.

NBA rookie arrested for urinating in public

11:38 AM MST on Thursday, January 17, 2008

BOISE -- An NBA rookie in Boise to showcase his talents to NBA scouts this week has run afoul of the law.

Boise Police say 22-year-old Jameson Curry, a guard with the Iowa Energy, was arrested in Downtown Boise Thursday morning for urinating in public and resisting arrest. Both charges are misdemeanors.

The incident happened at 2:25 a.m. in the 400 block of S. Capitol Boulevard,

A Boise Police officer spotted Curry urinating in an alley near the Hampton Inn. As the officer approached in his patrol car, Curry saw him and started to walk away. The officer turned his emergency lights on and Curry then started to run away. He went into the Hampton Inn and was stopped by a locked door. That's where the officer took Curry into custody.

He was booked into the Ada County Jail and has since bonded out.

Curry was drafted by the Chicago Bulls in the second round of the NBA draft last summer. He played college basketball at Oklahoma State.

The 6-foot-3 guard is in Boise this week taking part in the NBA Development League's Showcase at Qwest Arena.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 17, 2008 -> 02:11 PM)
lol.... meh. I dont think its a huge deal. If the Bulls cut him over this that will be kinda pathetic.

In a vacuum it'd be nothing. But this is the same kid who was going to UNC until he was arrested there for attempting to sell pot, which led to his termination at UNC. So it's not like this is happening in a vacuum, and the Bulls supposedly made it very, very, very clear what they wanted from the kid in terms of behavior even before they drafted him.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 11:26 AM)
In case you didn't catch it, that post is me mocking the people who think that Pax is too timid to make a deal for a big star, because right now no team out there is stupid enough to trade the Bulls a big star for any of the guys they have the way they're playing.

He seems, and has seemed, too timid to make any moves...

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jan 17, 2008 -> 02:49 PM)
He seems, and has seemed, too timid to make any moves...

But how do you know that's not because everyone's asking the farm from him? Last year would you have done Deng, Gordon, and PJ for Gasol? Would you do Deng, Wallace, and Gordon for T-Mac? Teams aren't just going to give us players so that we can get better. If we have a lot of young guys, they're going to ask for a lot of young guys from us no matter what other teams are offering. People get pissed at Pax for not making any moves because they assume some cheap and easy deal that would be hugely lopsided for the Bulls is just sitting out there.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 17, 2008 -> 04:52 PM)
But how do you know that's not because everyone's asking the farm from him? Last year would you have done Deng, Gordon, and PJ for Gasol? Would you do Deng, Wallace, and Gordon for T-Mac? Teams aren't just going to give us players so that we can get better. If we have a lot of young guys, they're going to ask for a lot of young guys from us no matter what other teams are offering. People get pissed at Pax for not making any moves because they assume some cheap and easy deal that would be hugely lopsided for the Bulls is just sitting out there.

Thing is, I do admit that I, nor the vast majority of fans, can really know that for sure, which is why I said it seems he's been timid to me. We can't know for sure what trades teams have discussed other than what gets reported. I just don't feel he's brave enough to make a risky move that could really help the team, and I base that on the largely safe moves he has made. What this season is proving to me, at least, is that "the farm" is not nor will it ever be good enough to win a championship, and I've felt that way since before the season started.

So let me ask you this: Do you believe pax has explored and truly attempted the type of trade this team needs in order to get a true impact player, or do you feel, as I do, that he has been reluctant and hesitant to trade the young, safe guys he's drafted and feels could have grown into championship contenders?

I just hope he truly did go after guys like Kobe and KG and was willing to break up his little, young nucleus for an impact guy this team has obviously been desperate for for quite some years. I hope he's been creative in finding ways to trade his young guys for better, veteran players. But my gut feeling, based on what he has said and done, tells me he has not gone after it as he should. When Kobe was telling his fans to get their Bulls jersey ready, I hope Pax really went for it and was willing to trade the guys he has drafted and have proven to underachieve, back when they had more value than they do now...

Bottom line: this is pax's team, and right now, they're pretty bad. I haven't agreed with some of his moves, and some have come back to bite him...Here's hoping he can make the proper moves to move this team ahead. If he doesn't have the vision, hopefully the organization can put someone in place who can because they've really made someone like me, a self-proclaimed longtime fan who had stuck through the crappy post-Jordan years, seriously lose interest in this team.

Edited by SleepyWhiteSox

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jan 17, 2008 -> 03:36 PM)
Thing is, I do admit that I, nor the vast majority of fans, can really know that for sure, which is why I said it seems he's been timid to me. We can't know for sure what trades teams have discussed other than what gets reported. I just don't feel he's brave enough to make a risky move that could really help the team, and I base that on the largely safe moves he has made. What this season is proving to me, at least, is that "the farm" is not nor will it ever be good enough to win a championship, and I've felt that way since before the season started.

So let me ask you this: Do you believe pax has explored and truly attempted the type of trade this team needs in order to get a true impact player, or do you feel, as I do, that he has been reluctant and hesitant to trade the young, safe guys he's drafted and feels could have grown into championship contenders?

Looking at what has happened, my guess is, yes, he has probably tried to trade for each of those guys you ask about. But the problem we run into is...unlike a team like say, Boston or Denver, one of these teams that has been able to trade for a big name guy without selling out their entire roster...we actually have, or at least before this season, had, a lot of guys that another team could demand.

So, if I'm Philly, and I'm trading AI for example (AI being the one guy I'm sure the Bulls didn't want, he wouldn't have fit well with Skiles, for example)...if I decide I'm dealing this player, and I look at the Bulls, what's the best package I'd expect? Well, it starts with Deng and Gordon and goes beyond it to include an expiring contract and probably another draft pick. But if I'm dealing with Denver...well, what guys do they have that I'd want? They have Anthony, but they're not dealing him. They have guys like KMart, Camby, etc., but I don't want them because they dont' have expiring contracts and get paid a lot. All they can offer me is a couple of late first round picks and a couple of shorter contracts...but if I deal them, that's the best deal I can get.

The Bulls are, in my opinion, in no small part a victim of their own drafts. If they go to minny and ask for KG, what is minny going to ask for? Deng, Gordon, TT, last year's draft pick, and cap relief. The problem is, making that deal, which on paper would be fair for both sides, kills the Bulls and puts us in the same boat as Minny was; stuck with a superstar but without enough to win a title. So Pax has to insist he can't give up Deng, at which point the offer isn't the best one we could offer, and so Minny turns their backs for us not offering our best talent, and takes the best deal Boston could offer. The Grizz might consider dealing Gasol, but they don't have to, so they want to get a great deal for him, which means Deng and Gordon. But trading those 2 for Gasol, or any deal for Gasol involving Deng, does not make the Bulls better without getting even more back in return. There was as far as I remember, 1 press report of the Grizz being willing to accept a Gordon centered deal without Deng, which if that was true I'll admit that not making that deal was a mistake, but that was as far as I could recall 1 unconfirmed report from 1 source.

And Kobe...I really don't believe the Lakers would have dealth him even if we offered up our entire starting lineup. He's worth too much money to them...and if you believe Pax, he's stated that the Lakers never were really interested in trading him, just trying to give Kobe the impression taht they'd consider it. But there's no way on God's green earth that the Lakers would have done any of the deals people thought were so great, like Gordon, Noc/Hinrich, Wallace, TT, Noah, etc., (Pick 3 with 1 big contract) that so many people thought we'd steal him for.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jan 17, 2008 -> 04:37 PM)
I would presume this will lead to the end of JameOn's illustrious Bulls career. What a f***up.

Heh. CS.com has a funny subtopic on the article there.

"Trouble trickles down to minor-leaguer in Boise"

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jan 18, 2008 -> 01:36 PM)
What do you think of their new site, Jeremy?

Seems like they're trying to "jazz it up" and make it look like a certain website out of Bristol, CT.

Their topics are getting more sensationalized as well.

It'll take some getting used to.

Any of you watch the game last night? Just got home but I recorded it and as I've said before Monta is one of the best youngsters in the leauge and Barron should be an all star. Good game though especially by Gordon,Nocioni.

QUOTE(A's fan @ Jan 19, 2008 -> 03:16 AM)
Any of you watch the game last night? Just got home but I recorded it and as I've said before Monta is one of the best youngsters in the leauge and Barron should be an all star. Good game though especially by Gordon,Nocioni.

Ok, Monta Ellis is a nice player but he isnt one of the elite and wont ever be. As for Baron... yeah he pretty much torched us. Although, Sefalosha seemed to be able to slow him down a lot and on offense dribble past him. Duhon/Gordon on the otherhand didnt stand a chance.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jan 18, 2008 -> 08:04 PM)
Seems like they're trying to "jazz it up" and make it look like a certain website out of Bristol, CT.

Their topics are getting more sensationalized as well.

It'll take some getting used to.

I was baiting for a Bristol comparison.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE(A's fan @ Jan 19, 2008 -> 03:16 AM)

Since last season I have paid more attention to the Warriors, and they have quickly risen to my 2nd favorite franchise. I absolutely ADORE Baron Davis and considering where this team is at I was pretty much even on whom I wanted to win last night. I am also a HUGE Matt Barnes fan and the rest of that roster fills out nicely.

Don Nelson drives me nuts on what his rotation does to fantasy value, but its about winning, and the guy just has these Warriors playing at their pique. It was also nice to see Noah get some minutes yet again, but I have to wonder why Sefolosha's getting the minutes yet Tyrus only rocks 2. I presume the more we lose, the more Tyrus we'll see... so keep it up.

DISCLAIMER: I am not nor act as a Tyrus backer, I just think since we basically used a #2 overall pick on him (and passed on two future Portland All-Stars in the process) we should actually give him some sort of run.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 19, 2008 -> 10:11 PM)
Thefolosha makes some bad turnovers on offense it seems but he is a great defender, was breaking Baron Davis's legs all night the other day, and gets a lot of rebounds. When Kirk gets back... I might like a starting lineup of Thabo with him.

I got home late today, but I did catch the 4th quarter and Kirk was playing tonight. What an effort by Noah (aka Tyson part II with a higher b-ball IQ) n Sefo whose really been comming on. He's still improving n shuting up his critics. He's been damn good the last few games. We probably will see some more Sefo. Duhon got injured n it could be serious.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 19, 2008 -> 10:11 PM)
Thefolosha makes some bad turnovers on offense it seems but he is a great defender, was breaking Baron Davis's legs all night the other day, and gets a lot of rebounds. When Kirk gets back... I might like a starting lineup of Thabo with him.

Then you want Duhons role to be diminished to give Thabo more time?Duhon has played pretty well and I have never been a fan of his but he looks like a professional out there.