2007-08 NBA Thread

Brian

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(A's fan @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 04:36 PM)
Al is the three point guy and webb is the low post guy who can bang with the bigger guys. I've also heard some rumblings about GS going after Artest.

How often do the Warriors play "big" though? And when they do, Biedrins usually starts.

Webber may have some impact off the bench, but I certainly wouldn't be counting on him starting.

Any of the Bulls fans notice Thabo had a pretty nice game in Portland last night? Bulls only went down by 3 without Gordon or Hinrich as well.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 02:13 PM)
Any of the Bulls fans notice Thabo had a pretty nice game in Portland last night? Bulls only went down by 3 without Gordon or Hinrich as well.

Yea. Supposedly, for the 10 minutes or so he played, TT looked good also. But as usual, TT, Noah, and Gray, 3 of the 4 guys we should be playing more, split about 30 minutes between them.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 02:32 PM)
If I was Phoenix or Memphis, I'd be doing what I could to get TT.

Mike Miller could be a possible option. I wonder if the Bulls would have any interest in him (with Thabo running the point)?

I dunno. No matter what I'd think it was a terrible idea because I love what the kid could bring to the table with this team. But I think the Bulls right now are lost in this void where they're too smart to trade him but too stupid to play him.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 04:14 PM)
Yea. Supposedly, for the 10 minutes or so he played, TT looked good also. But as usual, TT, Noah, and Gray, 3 of the 4 guys we should be playing more, split about 30 minutes between them.

Thank you. Everyone talks about Skiles, but Boylan is horrid especially with young players. He's basically screwed up their development. If it wasn't for injuries and Sefo stepping up, he would also be in the same predicament.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 04:37 PM)
Thank you. Everyone talks about Skiles, but Boylan is horrid especially with young players. He's basically screwed up their development. If it wasn't for injuries and Sefo stepping up, he would also be in the same predicament.

If the Bulls cant' move Wallace's contract yet, then I think the Bulls have to consider moving smith. He has an affordable contract, hes' a veteran, he's having a good season and is pretty healthy, and if the Bulls could get rid of him, then his minutes would immediately go to the young guys. He ought to have some value in theory for one of these teams, especially the young ones or ones that aren't very deep. Hell, you could package him and Duhon and that's $8 million in contracts that you could move for a couple expiring deals or a player or something like that, maybe get a mid-1st orund draft pick or something.

Well, one positive of the Bulls losing the big 3 is for the first time not including Pistons games, I think they are playing hard. Two straight very good efforts in terms of trying, and a very nice win tonight at Golden State, who was 29-19 and 29-13 with Stephen Jackson. Not sure where the hell that performance came from for Duhon (luck, but hey he lit it up from the field), but Tyrus, Joe Smith, and to a lesser extent Noah and Thabo played well.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 12:12 AM)
Well, one positive of the Bulls losing the big 3 is for the first time not including Pistons games, I think they are playing hard. Two straight very good efforts in terms of trying, and a very nice win tonight at Golden State, who was 29-19 and 29-13 with Stephen Jackson. Not sure where the hell that performance came from for Duhon (luck, but hey he lit it up from the field), but Tyrus, Joe Smith, and to a lesser extent Noah and Thabo played well.

Amen to that. Duhon should get a tape of this game, and put it in his house. We will probably never see that out of him again. Joe Smith had a hellova game. Props to Jim Boylan for letting the young guys play. (minus Gray)

Oh, and Tyrus..... :wub: :wub: :wub:

I hope Ben and his "wrist" stay on the bench a little longer... Thabo is a little bit of a spaz when he dribbles, but at 6'6 he actually poses a threat to defend somebody.

This is a huge win tonight, Chris Duhon is an undervalued commodity in Chicago... he plays hurt, plays hard and every once in awhile puts up a nice game like this.... although the gem he played tonight was something special.

Yesterday I was listening to an interview of Paxson by Mulligan and Hanley(I think, I am pretty sure it wasnt North), and a question was posed about playing through injuries. The question that was posed sounded like "If the Bulls had a good record and the playoffs with a good seed were pretty much guaranteed, do you think that Deng, Hinrich, and Gordon would be playing through their injuries?"(not verbatim).

Paxson paused, and answered "You cannot force a player to play. If a player is injured and does not feel like he can go, then you cannot force him to play."

That is an extremely disappointing answer.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Feb 7, 2008 -> 06:37 PM)

I think Boylan's rotations have been a huge improvement over Skiles, he has given Gray plenty more time to develop his low post game and I see Noah out on the floor more as well. He is much better than Skiles with these young guys.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 09:09 AM)
I think Boylan's rotations have been a huge improvement over Skiles, he has given Gray plenty more time to develop his low post game and I see Noah out on the floor more as well. He is much better than Skiles with these young guys.

Huh? He's shortened the rotation drastically and when they are healthy, he avoids playing the young guys like they have the plague. I gotta go with SoxAce on this one.

Considering that Thabo has been starting with or without Gordon injured and Noah has been averaging about 20 minutes a game since Boylan took over, I don't know how you can say he's as bad or worse than Skiles in that regard. So Tyrus isn't playing consistent heavy minutes and Noah isn't getting 30 a night, it's kinda hard when you have 4 post players to divy up minutes for, especially when the guy that is your worst is a 15 mil albatross with seniority that management very well might be FORCING him to play. Joe Smith has played well of late too, so someone has to sit and it's the younger, generally less productive guys. Until someone gets traded those guys simply aren't going to consistently get big minutes.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 01:00 PM)
Man, that's sad. I just looked at the standings now and the Bulls tied New Jersey for the 8th seed in the playoffs after the win last night. :o

The NBA playoffs are a joke. When you have 3 teams under .500 in one conference potentially getting in, you know something is wrong. Cut the field in half.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 12:08 PM)
The NBA playoffs are a joke. When you have 3 teams under .500 in one conference potentially getting in, you know something is wrong. Cut the field in half.

Yeah, because 8 seeds never, ever have a chance against 1 seeds. Why waste that round? I mean, I can't even remember a time in my lifetime when an 8 seed has beaten a 1 seed.

A better option might be to dump the conference format and just go straight off of record seeding. That way, if the best 2 teams in a year were, say, Phoenix and San Antonio (perish the thought those 2 could be the top 2 teams, when would that ever happen?) then you would have a shot at saving that matchup for the finals.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 02:16 PM)
Yeah, because 8 seeds never, ever have a chance against 1 seeds. Why waste that round? I mean, I can't even remember a time in my lifetime when an 8 seed has beaten a 1 seed.

A better option might be to dump the conference format and just go straight off of record seeding. That way, if the best 2 teams in a year were, say, Phoenix and San Antonio (perish the thought those 2 could be the top 2 teams, when would that ever happen?) then you would have a shot at saving that matchup for the finals.

Bingo, that needs to be done badly at this point.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 03:16 PM)

Facetious, right?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 02:16 PM)

I went back through the '87 season. 7 teams with a 5 seed or lower made it to the conference finals. Houston, a 6 seed, was the only won to win the Finals. More often than not, it was 1-2 or 1-3 seeds in conference finals and 1 or 2 seeds in the finals. I still think that the NBA playoffs are way too long and should be shortened by a round.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 8, 2008 -> 12:04 PM)
Huh? He's shortened the rotation drastically and when they are healthy, he avoids playing the young guys like they have the plague. I gotta go with SoxAce on this one.

I havent noticed that one bit. Gray is getting alot of playing time, Thabo is also getting tons of time, and for the first time I have actually seen TT get plays called for him specifically. I just dont see it. I would post the min increase but the injuries to the other players factors so much in them increase it wouldnt mean much of anything. I just know what i see, and I see Gray developing at a rapid pace with the increased minutes and actual post plays designed for him, I see Tyrus learning a midrange shooting touch, I see Noah becoming more effective than Big Ben.