2007-08 NBA Thread

Brian

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 26, 2008 -> 04:06 PM)
Stick a fork in them, they're done. I turned into the kiss of death didn't I.

Any other teams in the West you want me to put my money on? :P

Did you say anything about the Hornets before? They're slumping a bit. The Spurs would be fine, the Mavericks or Lakers too, haha.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Magic win again, looking good things for the 3rd seed at this stage.

Hedo Turkloglu is becoming Lebron like in the 4th quarter, a measly 17 points in that period today.

And importantly, Rashard Lewis is starting to get it going.

If he and Hedo can co-exist and get there 20+ points in the playoffs, the Magic can certainly worry Detroit and Boston in the playoffs IMHO.

We just need to do better at PG/SG. Re-sign Dooling (perfect bench PG), and try to sign Jose Calderon in the off-season.

Then try to trade Nelson for Haslem in the off-season.

And the rich get richer. Brown will be a good backup for KG, and an upgrade on the likes of Scalabrine.

If they get Cassell as well, they're basically set.

I know the Magic were after P.J as well, so this is certainly a blow.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 29, 2008 -> 11:57 PM)
I have never seen a quarter worse than the Bulls 3rd quarter performance tonight vs. the Wizards. If they weren't dead before, they are now.

Unfortunately I still think they are going to sneak into the playoffs, and get stuck in no-mans land in the draft.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Mar 1, 2008 -> 12:50 AM)
I hate Boylan.

/shortest rant ever.

He doesnt bother me as much as watching the "core" of this team floundering around like they have never played in the NBA before. Gordon bothers me more than anything, last night watching the Wizards double up on him at the top of the key was like watching the same bad tape over and over again:

Wizards double on Ben Gordon at the top of the key to prevent dribble penetration, Ben Gordon puts his head down to try and break through the double team, realizes he cant do it, tries to turn around in the middle of the double team, defender pokes the ball away from behind, fast break layup/dunk for the Wizards. And it hasnt been just the Wizards, every team in the NBA has done this to Ben and he still doesnt know what to do to get out of it.

Kirk just makes frustration fouls look like everyday play. Of all of the players I am disappointed in this year, Kirk has to be the worst. I really thought he might turn a corner this year and become something better than what he has been( I wasnt expecting Steve Nash, I was just expecting solid contributions and leadership) and all the Bulls fans got was a whiny "veteran".

Deng had a nice game, he looks like he is finally slashing to the basket again. the only other good thing about the game was Nocioni posterizing that russian player in the 4th quarter.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 1, 2008 -> 09:32 PM)
Boylan is freaking terrible....terrible.

Maybe 1 percent of how bad this team is his fault, maybe. Ben Gordon is completely useless, Kirk is a shell of his former self and the team plays zero defense right now. The players are at fault, bar none.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 2, 2008 -> 02:25 PM)
Maybe 1 percent of how bad this team is his fault, maybe. Ben Gordon is completely useless, Kirk is a shell of his former self and the team plays zero defense right now. The players are at fault, bar none.

I think blame goes on both sides. Even with bad players no team should be outscored 35-14 in a quarter and we always seem to have big blowout quarters like that so coaching has to come into play. Not 2 mention our defense has been a lot worse since Boylan took over and that was with Ben Wallace and without. But, yeah these players have played like horse s*** all season too and deserve blame.

I saw about 3 quarters of the Memphis vs. Chicago game late last night.

Memphis are just horrible. Defensively, argubly the worst team in the league. And they need shooters in the worst way possible, Mike Miller being out really hurts them.

As for the Bulls, not much competition, but some decent signs nonetheless. I don't think Darko getting over 20 points, bodes well for the Bulls though. They need a draft a C, or at least sign one in the next off-season.

And there's a couple of good ones in the draft in the top 5 or 6, but the Bulls would have to get lucky with the ping pong balls.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 5, 2008 -> 02:03 PM)
I saw about 3 quarters of the Memphis vs. Chicago game late last night.

Memphis are just horrible. Defensively, argubly the worst team in the league. And they need shooters in the worst way possible, Mike Miller being out really hurts them.

As for the Bulls, not much competition, but some decent signs nonetheless. I don't think Darko getting over 20 points, bodes well for the Bulls though. They need a draft a C, or at least sign one in the next off-season.

And there's a couple of good ones in the draft in the top 5 or 6, but the Bulls would have to get lucky with the ping pong balls.

I disagree. The Bulls have drafted 2 big men in the last 2 years and are holding on to another one that they just traded for, and then they have a 4th for mopup duty in Gray. They really need to develop the people they already have. What does it matter if you draft another C if all he does is get 10 minutes a game because Noah is getting 20? All that does is keep either of them from really developing a solid This year, the weakness has been in their back court as much as anything.

Noah is a scrappy PF in the Anderson Varejao mould IMHO.

He could play C if you're playing a fast break offense, but the Bulls aren't going to do that.

Gray is nothing more than a backup at best.

The Bulls are mostly set elsewhere. Hinrich / Hughes / Sefolosha are the guards (with Gordon leaving, probably to Memphis in the off-season). You've got Deng and Nocioni at SF, and Gooden and Thomas at PF (and you could work Noah in there as well).

That bodes well for his future as a Bull doesn't it.

Trade bait in the off-season I'd say.

Memphis should try a Miller plus future 1st for Gordon / Thomas sign and trade deal.

Could always include Brian Cardinal's expiring deal as well I guess.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Mar 5, 2008 -> 06:41 PM)
That bodes well for his future as a Bull doesn't it.

Trade bait in the off-season I'd say.

Memphis should try a Miller plus future 1st for Gordon / Thomas sign and trade deal.

Could always include Brian Cardinal's expiring deal as well I guess.

In other words, he's got Tyson Chandler and the "Damn I wish we hadn't traded that guy for pennies on the dollar" written all over him.

Bulls beat Cleveland 107-96, go figure. LeBron had 39 points, but was lazy otherwise as his team played horrid defense, and he had only 3 rebounds, 1 dime, and 4 turnovers. Joakim Noah, amazingly, had 13 points and 20 rebounds (10 offensive), and Gordon and Deng had 23 apiece.

Edited by whitesoxfan101