soxfan3530

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ptatc @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 09:59 PM)
I think too many people are sellling Brain Anderson short. He will be a good MLB player but I'm not sure if it will be with this team.

It's a real shame we completely gave up on him last year. Of course, I still wish that we would have kept McCarthy.

ideally, we ship out old farts like konerko, AJ, Dye, and Thome. This way can can re-stock the farm system. And by 2010, we'll be ready to play again. Especially since by 2009 or 2010 Fields and Quentin will be BEASTS.

I am sorry, but what the hell do you think the White Sox are going to get for Konerko, AJ, Dye, and Thome? What kind of young talent do you think we will get in return? Realistically now. These are not superstars that we are trading. We aren't trading a Miguel Cabrera or a Johan Santana. What are you looking to get in return that you think will eventually make this team better in the future? Please tell me. I would love to know.

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 03:58 PM)
Cheer for the Brewers

I actually think I may go to more Brewers games this year.

The best way to tell management that a fire sale is necessary is by my empty seat. I really have trouble believing how we went from World Champs willing to spend to silence.

What if we sign Alexei Ramirez and put him in CF and bat him leadoff?

CF Alexei Ramirez

SS Orlando Cabrera

1B Paul Konerko

DH Jim Thome

RF Jermaine Dye

C AJ Pierzynski

LF Carlos Quentin

3B Josh Fields

2B Danny Richar

That gives you 4 key components to your youth movement in Alexei Ramirez, Carlos Quentin, Josh Fields, and Danny Richar. Hopefully you can build around those guys in the near future. Speed, OBP, and athleticism - if it works out. I would much rather have and be more excited about Alexei Ramirez on this team than Fukudome.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 10:09 PM)
What if we sign Alexei Ramirez and put him in CF and bat him leadoff?

CF Alexei Ramirez

SS Orlando Cabrera

1B Paul Konerko

DH Jim Thome

RF Jermaine Dye

C AJ Pierzynski

LF Carlos Quentin

3B Josh Fields

2B Danny Richar

That gives you 4 key components to your youth movement in Alexei Ramirez, Carlos Quentin, Josh Fields, and Danny Richar. Hopefully you can build around those guys in the near future. Speed, OBP, and athleticism - if it works out. I would much rather have and be more excited about Alexei Ramirez on this team than Fukudome.

Ramirez is supposed to be nowhere near ready to play in the majors.

Ramirez would be an awesome signing, especially if you made it around the same time you dealt Konerko for a few prospects. Than you wait and try and move Jermaine/Thome during the season and just get as much talent as you can (hold onto Javy and Mark since pitching is harder to find and tell them you plan on going all out in 09 when the team should have more than a few promising young players that are playing at a high level and tons of talent to go out and acquire some of the missing pieces).

QUOTE(fathom @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 02:10 PM)
Ramirez is supposed to be nowhere near ready to play in the majors.

Considering he can also play SS, and we just happen to be 1 year away from needing one of those also, that would continue to make that an excellent signing. If Ramirez could play both Cf and SS, then we'd have at least 1 of those holes filled and that would dramatically expand our options in 09.

Edited by Balta1701

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 10:11 PM)
Ramirez would be an awesome signing, especially if you made it around the same time you dealt Konerko for a few prospects. Than you wait and try and move Jermaine/Thome during the season and just get as much talent as you can (hold onto Javy and Mark since pitching is harder to find and tell them you plan on going all out in 09 when the team should have more than a few promising young players that are playing at a high level and tons of talent to go out and acquire some of the missing pieces).

If we get rid of the likes of PK, Dye, and Thome, our talent level will be nowhere near good enough to even sniff 4th place in the AL Central for a long time. The problem with a fire sale for the Sox is that the foundation of young players is so pathetic to start with.

Totally agree.

Considering he can also play SS, and we just happen to be 1 year away from needing one of those also, that would continue to make that an excellent signing. If Ramirez could play both Cf and SS, then we'd have at least 1 of those holes filled and that would dramatically expand our options in 09.

Totally agree. His contract would probably be cheap enough at either of those positions to help the team to afford some big names while other teams have these big Torii Hunter, Aaron Rowand, and Fukudome contracts to pay off.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 10:15 PM)
Totally agree. His contract would probably be cheap enough at either of those positions to help the team to afford some big names while other teams have these big Torii Hunter, Aaron Rowand, and Fukudome contracts to pay off.

Don't get me wrong, it would be an interesting signing with some possible high rewards. We've benefitted as much as anyone from the Cuban connection. However, I think KW is still aiming higher than a 26 year old who might be overmatched.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 05:13 PM)
I guess you and I are reading 2 different things then.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3026151

Yeah, way to quote his agent talking about his great ability...

Meanwhile, he's got what(?) 1 hit in the DWL, where Oneli Perez is a premier closer.

sit back, relax and strap it down?

no but really, i do sit back..let this team play...assess what you have in fields richar, quentin, owens/sweeney/anderson, danks, and floyd.....when we are 15 games back at the trading deadline trade thome/konerko/dye or something for even more young players, let those guys play out 2008...save the money we were going to use on hunter and the money we save on trading one of the boppers above and pool it into next years FA (or trade) market....all to set up for 09 and 10...oh and start investing in the draft (including scouting etc. which weve begun to do by getting bell) \

on a side note the giants have been talking about a matsui or rios for cain or lincecum.....konerkos contract is not that much unlike matsuis and i think hes the better player....if in fact one of those pitchers is available, why is kenny not dangling pauly? at this point i would consider it

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Dec 12, 2007 -> 04:02 PM)
I actually think I may go to more Brewers games this year.

The best way to tell management that a fire sale is necessary is by my empty seat. I really have trouble believing how we went from World Champs willing to spend to silence.

Thats baseball get used to it. And if your dont believe me check with the Dbacks and Marlins.

Yeah, way to quote his agent talking about his great ability...

Meanwhile, he's got what(?) 1 hit in the DWL, where Oneli Perez is a premier closer.

Wasn't he hurt or pulled himself out of that due to getting situated with his family? I can't remember everything involved, but there was somethign going on.

Like I told Fathom - please show me something different. I can't find anything else on the guy but positive. I would love to see more. If you have other information then please show it to me. Thank you.