FireKennyWilliams.com

Linnwood

Is already owned by Major League Baseball:

Registrant:

MLB Advanced Media, L.P.

75 Ninth Avenue

New York, New York 10011

United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)

Domain Name: FIREKENNYWILLIAMS.COM

Created on: 13-Apr-07

Expires on: 13-Apr-10

Last Updated on: 08-Aug-07

Administrative Contact:

Department, Legal dnsadmin@mlb.com

MLB Advanced Media, L.P.

75 Ninth Avenue

New York, New York 10011

United States

2124853444 Fax -- 2124858111

Technical Contact:

Department, Legal dnsadmin@mlb.com

MLB Advanced Media, L.P.

75 Ninth Avenue

New York, New York 10011

United States

2124853444 Fax -- 2124858111

Domain servers in listed order:

NS-EAST.CERF.NET

NS-WEST.CERF.NET

Registry Status: clientRenewProhibited

Registry Status: clientTransferProhibited

Registry Status: clientUpdateProhibited

Registry Status: clientDeleteProhibited

FireKenWilliams.com, also.

I wonder how many GM and Manager's names they own.

Edited by Linnwood

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how about KWMUSTLEAVE.com... thats a good one. Oh and you'll love his latest rant:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/artic...sp&c_id=cws

He said the team already addressed 3/4 major needs.... wow so the rotation is set (yikes), the bullpen is set (linebrink the savior!!), and the infield is set (pretty much means Crede will be dealt for minor leaguers). The only move he said is left is CF... something tells me Coco Crisp or Juan Pierre will be our starting CF next year... Its 7 am and i already need a drink..its going to be a looooong season.

You are all a bunch of ingrates. The guy puts together the only Chicago baseball world championship in our lifetimes, goes after marquee names and is consistently putting a competitive product on the field. He's done so every year in his tenure. You don't think he's anguishing over the fact that his top moves got thwarted? And why did that happen...because every other general manager of a major league team is working his ass off to better his team, too. You want the days of Ron Scheuler, who was too afraid to make a move without someone wiping his ass? You want Larry Himes back? You want the times when, maybe, we rented a decent player or two for a season but couldn't afford to keep them? You wonder why the Chicago White Sox are considered a small market team playing in one of the three largest cities in the country...it's because of THAT crappy history of GMs. Kenny Williams is responsible for moving this organization into the league to compete with the big boys. I'd rather be a fan of a team that swings and misses than one who never steps to the plate. So why don't all you constant complainers move across the city...you'll fit right in.

QUOTE(buckweaver @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 07:25 AM)
You are all a bunch of ingrates. The guy puts together the only Chicago baseball world championship in our lifetimes, goes after marquee names and is consistently putting a competitive product on the field. He's done so every year in his tenure. You don't think he's anguishing over the fact that his top moves got thwarted? And why did that happen...because every other general manager of a major league team is working his ass off to better his team, too. You want the days of Ron Scheuler, who was too afraid to make a move without someone wiping his ass? You want Larry Himes back? You want the times when, maybe, we rented a decent player or two for a season but couldn't afford to keep them? You wonder why the Chicago White Sox are considered a small market team playing in one of the three largest cities in the country...it's because of THAT crappy history of GMs. Kenny Williams is responsible for moving this organization into the league to compete with the big boys. I'd rather be a fan of a team that swings and misses than one who never steps to the plate. So why don't all you constant complainers move across the city...you'll fit right in.

In truth, he had more to do with quickly dismantling a World Champion, than putting it together. This team had a long string of 90 win and competitive seasons under Ron Schueler than under Williams. Williams was busy ruining the farm system he was in charge of before being given the GM job over more qualified people. Larry Himes drafted and developed our star players of the early 90's. Know what you are talking about before calling me an ingrate.

QUOTE(klaus kinski @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 08:43 AM)
In truth, he had more to do with quickly dismantling a World Champion, than putting it together. This team had a long string of 90 win and competitive seasons under Ron Schueler than under Williams. Williams was busy ruining the farm system he was in charge of before being given the GM job over more qualified people. Larry Himes drafted and developed our star players of the early 90's. Know what you are talking about before calling me an ingrate.

What? If anything he was guilty of hanging on to that '05 core for a season too long. Unless you think an oft injured freddy garcia, cliff polite, aaron rowand, and neal cotts were the core of the team and would have helped this team win last year.

You win, you get the credit. You lose, you get the blame.

That's how it goes.

If a team goes from World Series Champions to 90-game losers in two years, people are not going to be happy about it. "Swing and a miss" or "not stepping up", if the result is a bad team, what's the difference in the long run?

And FWIW, the Cub fan stereotype is that they NEVER complain, they just go to the Friendly Confines, drink beer, ogle women and cheer for anyone in Cubbie Blue. The Sox fans are known as the ones who complain and stay away when the team is bad. Just thought you might want to get the stereotypes right when you feel like throwing them around.

QUOTE(buckweaver @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 06:25 AM)
So why don't all you constant complainers move across the city...you'll fit right in.

I agree with your basic thought plan, but you're confused about one thing. White Sox fans ARE constant complainers. Fans of that other team don't complain much. They have that everything is fine wait til next year attitude. Either that or the we suck who cares attitude. Or of course the who are the Cubs playing today pass me another beer attitude. In short, we complain because we don't like to lose and last year and from the looks of things probably this year there has been a lot of losing.

Sure we won a championship just a couple of years ago. What's wrong with being greedy and wanting another one?

QUOTE(The Critic @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 08:54 AM)

That's how it goes.

If a team goes from World Series Champions to 90-game losers in two years, people are not going to be happy about it. "Swing and a miss" or "not stepping up", if the result is a bad team, what's the difference in the long run?

And FWIW, the Cub fan stereotype is that they NEVER complain, they just go to the Friendly Confines, drink beer, ogle women and cheer for anyone in Cubbie Blue. The Sox fans are known as the ones who complain and stay away when the team is bad. Just thought you might want to get the stereotypes right when you feel like throwing them around.

I think the cubs fans are known for complaining a lot, including booing their own team but still showing up. Not never complaining. All the ones I know complain a lot.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 09:01 AM)
Yes, KW was the architect responsible for the giant fall our team has had since the ASB 2006.

He deserves credit for 2005, but also blame for 2006, 2007 and our last-place 2008 finish.

Yeah, he should have seen that coming. He should have known that the team that was 58-30 heading into the 06' ASB would suddenly collapse....

I'm with you 100%. Regardless of what any of these ingrates have to say from this point on, I am in complete agreement with you. Well, maybe not the comparison to Cub fans, but everything else.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 09:01 AM)
Yes, KW was the architect responsible for the giant fall our team has had since the ASB 2006.

He deserves credit for 2005, but also blame for 2006, 2007 and our last-place 2008 finish.

Didn't the Sox win 90 games in 2006? I hardly call that a failure for which he needs to be fired. You can use opinion and revisionist history but ultimately he will be judged on his record. I'm not sure what the White Sox record is under his tenure but I would suspect it is a a pretty good winning percentage.

2000 AL Cent 95-67 (.586)

1999 AL Cent 75-86 (.466)

1998 AL Cent 80-82 (.494)

1997 AL Cent 80-81 (.497)

1996 AL Cent 85-77 (.525)

1995 AL Cent 68-76 (.472)

1994 AL Cent 67-46 (.593)

Here's a list of the last 7 seasons before KW took over as GM. I don't see 'a long string of 90 win' seasons under the esteemed (in your opinion) Mr. Schuler.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 08:54 AM)

That's how it goes.

Yeah I would say that Sox fans have turned more into Yankees fans with their entitlement thing they have going on since 05.

Because the Sox won it all in 2005, Ken Williams is considered untouchable. Yes, he deserves some credit there, but it's not 2005 anymore. He now oversees one of the worst teams in pro baseball and one of the worst farm systems in pro baseball.

I dont know when the time comes, but he DOES NOT have tenure. Either he turns this thing around or finds work elsewhere in my view.

QUOTE(max power @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 10:11 AM)
I think the cubs fans are known for complaining a lot, including booing their own team but still showing up. Not never complaining. All the ones I know complain a lot.

Yeah I think the stereotype of them being content to lose and never complaining is obsolete now. They won't admit it, but since '05 that hasn't been the same. They want a WS too and they're getting impatient. They were being really harsh when they realized their overrated team was choking away the first round, the booing was pretty loud. Well, that goes for the "real" Cub fans, anyway. The drunken frat boys are still what they are.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 09:47 AM)
Because the Sox won it all in 2005, Ken Williams is considered untouchable. Yes, he deserves some credit there, but it's not 2005 anymore. He now oversees one of the worst teams in pro baseball and one of the worst farm systems in pro baseball.

I dont know when the time comes, but he DOES NOT have tenure. Either he turns this thing around or finds work elsewhere in my view.

No, he's not untouchable. What the 05' season does for him is give him a "track record." It doesn't give him tenure, or make him untouchable.

I don't blame people who criticize him. But when you take a step back, and look at what many here were saying about him from October of 05' until about September of 06', it's quite humorous how quickly people changed their viewpoints and opinions. Really laughable, actually.

No one is arguing that he's untouchable. But he can only put the players on the field. And when they don't perform, well, they don't perform. It's then that I look to KW's track record and give him some slack. Not a never-ending rope, but some slack.

QUOTE(iamshack @ Dec 13, 2007 -> 10:51 AM)
No, he's not untouchable. What the 05' season does for him is give him a "track record." It doesn't give him tenure, or make him untouchable.

I don't blame people who criticize him. But when you take a step back, and look at what many here were saying about him from October of 05' until about September of 06', it's quite humorous how quickly people changed their viewpoints and opinions. Really laughable, actually.

No one is arguing that he's untouchable. But he can only put the players on the field. And when they don't perform, well, they don't perform. It's then that I look to KW's track record and give him some slack. Not a never-ending rope, but some slack.

NOW...i dont advocate firing him, not at this point, but the longer we get from 2005, the worse we get, the more insane Williams silly trade desires become, the more he stupifies himself by shopping garbage, the more depleted our farm gets, the more trades he doesn't make at peak value then 2005 can be viewed in light of what it really was and demonstrate itself as an anomaly in the life of GM Williams and not the norm.

Edited by kwolf68

This is the least true and least accurate statement ever.