2008 MLB Catch-All Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 05:42 PM)
If I was ever lucky enough to hit a walk off homer off KRod, I would relish it and show him up as much as possible. How he acted today was very bush league.

What I'd do is just sit down on the ground and watch it. Maybe stretch out and relax at homeplate.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Am I the only one who doesn't think that a guy who did Heroin is any better than a guy who did HGH?

Ankiel used it to gain a competitive edge.

Hamilton did it for recreational use.

Apples and oranges.

I'm surprised the BoSox didn't consider going after him. My guess is they got some good news on the Ortiz front and now believe he'll truly be back by the end of July (instead of potentially out another couple months which had been rumored).

UH OH.

Francisco Liriano's agent has contacted the players' association about pursuing a grievance against the Twins for not promoting him.

Perhaps Liriano has himself stashed away in his fantasy league. He is 7-0 with a 2.73 ERA in his last nine starts at Triple-A, and his fastball is consistently in the mid-90s and touching 97. He is claiming that the Twins are purposely keeping him in the minors to limit his major league service time and thus his arbitration eligibility. Livan Hernandez has a 7.28 ERA in his past ten starts, but he's also owed $5 million this season. Liriano could have major league service time added to his total if he wins. Jul. 17 - 2:12 pm et

Source: FOXSports.com

We're in trouble whenever Liriano returns, and he's anywhere NEAR pre-surgery levels. Which, admittingly, may never occur.

Still no sign of our Lirano, though.

so, largely because ESPN hasn't been shoving it down my throat, ramming it up my ass, and trying to shoot it into my bloodstream all at the same time, I had no idea that Daisuke Matsuzaka has an ERA of 2.63 this year. Aside from absolutely horrendous control, he has been money this year. Maybe I've just taught myself how to zone myself out of ESPN at the right times now a days, because I was actually surprised to see that.

Just weird

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 12:09 AM)
so, largely because ESPN hasn't been shoving it down my throat, ramming it up my ass, and trying to shoot it into my bloodstream all at the same time, I had no idea that Daisuke Matsuzaka has an ERA of 2.63 this year. Aside from absolutely horrendous control, he has been money this year. Maybe I've just taught myself how to zone myself out of ESPN at the right times now a days, because I was actually surprised to see that.

Just weird

Were you listening to Cowherd this morning? Cause he was mentioning that exact thing.

QUOTE (jackie hayes @ Jul 19, 2008 -> 06:36 PM)
A prediction: There will come a day, when Francisco Rodriguez will not earn a save. It may not be today (in fact, it definitely won't be), it may not be tomorrow. But that day will come.

I have spoken.

hush your mouth for my fantasy teams sake.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 23, 2008 -> 03:09 AM)

Just weird

And Boston fans still rip him apart regularly. You would think he has a decent ERA instead of the one he has.

Edited by Milkman delivers