2008 MLB Catch-All Thread

knightni

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He's pitched a lot more innings with a better WHIP, many more Ks and only a marginally significant ERA difference. Lee has won more games on a bad team but Halladay's losses aren't exactly his fault. The defense and the offense have not come through for him at all. My hope is that Lee falls off a little in September while Halladay doesn't as I'd really like to see the Doc get another Cy Young Award. As it is I still think he deserves it over Lee.

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Aug 17, 2008 -> 12:47 PM)
He's pitched a lot more innings with a better WHIP, many more Ks and only a marginally significant ERA difference. Lee has won more games on a bad team but Halladay's losses aren't exactly his fault. The defense and the offense have not come through for him at all. My hope is that Lee falls off a little in September while Halladay doesn't as I'd really like to see the Doc get another Cy Young Award. As it is I still think he deserves it over Lee.

You give Halliday credit for a .04 better WHIP, yet Lee's 0.22 difference in ERA is only marginally significant?

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Aug 17, 2008 -> 07:00 PM)
You give Halliday credit for a .04 better WHIP, yet Lee's 0.22 difference in ERA is only marginally significant?

Cliff Lee has been the best pitcher in the AL all season...he'll be the Cy Young winner.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Aug 20, 2008 -> 10:17 PM)
There is a chance that all 5 AL East teams could finish over .500. Baltimore would have to play pretty well, but it's not unpossible. I wonder if that has ver happened before?

1043225684_resenglish.jpg