Starting Lineup

2nd_city_saint787

If the season started today what would our starting lineup look like???

I'd like Owens to have a good ST and make the lineup.

1. Owens CF

2. Cabrera SS

3. Thome DH

4. Awesome Kong 1b

5. Swisher LF

6. Dye RF

7. Fields 3b

8. AJP C

9. Richar 2b

if owens ends up doing horrible i guess id have it look like this

1. Cabrera ss

2. Swisher cf

3. Thome dh

4. PK 1b

5. Dye rf

6. Fields 3b

7. AJP c

8. Quentin lf

9. Richar 2b

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 19, 2008 -> 06:24 PM)
Honestly, I would like Richar to break out and hit like he can hit, then I would have this:

1. Richar 2B

2. OCAB SS\

3. Thome

4. Kong

5 Dye

6 Swish

7 Crede

8 AJP

9 Quentin

I dislike that for the simple reason that even in the best situation, Richar and OC are never going to give you the OBP of a guy like Swisher or (hopefully soon) Quentin. And if we're playing moneyball in terms of the bloop, walk, blast...You want Swisher's OBP in front of Thome, Konerko and Dye. Swisher has to hit either 1 or 2 in my book or there's no reason to have gotten him. You put Swisher in the 2 hole, with Thome in the 3 hole, if we get even decent seasons from Konerko and Dye and limited injuries, then you're looking at a run producing, pitcher destroying machine in the early part of our lineup.

1. OC/Richar

2. Swisher

3. Big Jim

4. PK

5. Dye

6. Fields

7. AJ

8. Quentin

9. Richar most games.

Honestly, I'd love for Quentin to play well enough that we could move him up to 6th to take advantage of the fact that he can get a lot of hits and take a walk as well...thus maximizing the run-producing ability of the 30+ home runs I'm hoping Josh gives us.

QUOTE(whitesox1976 @ Jan 19, 2008 -> 10:06 PM)
Although I would have a tough time deciding on either Fields or Crede at 3B.

Its not that hard of a decision ;)

If I would have to make a lineup from the players we have today I think its a lock that the guys 1-5 in the below roster have to be where they are

Cabrera- SS

Swisher- CF

Thome- DH

Konerko- 1B

Dye- RF

Quentin- LF

Fields- 3B

Pierzynski- C

Richar- 2B

I think that would have to be my lineup. The first 5 are well no need for explanation. After Dye, I just feel it would be very beneficial to put Q 6th so we a "break" so to speak inbetween Dye and Fields. Richar I think is going to be a great #9, he gets on base and Ocab gets on base and wham we got Swisher up.

Fun stuff to think about when we can not complain about games right now.

How is everyone so sure Quentin makes the club, let alone becomes our everyday LF? I can see Owens leading off, Cabrera hitting second, and Nicholas hitting in between Dye and Crede/Fields. Also, it's been said that Fields won't man left, but it's also been said that Neal Cotts could one day be a no. 5 for the Cubs. Not saying it's gonna happen, but until opening day, or at least well into spring training, don't rule this out. If no one takes Crede before then, what are you gonna do? Send a ready Fields to the minors, or use Crede and Fields, and take an extended look at Quentin in Charlotte? Unless our hitters take a trip to Great America to power-ride Deja Vu (rip) Fields in left shouldn't be *too much* of a problem...

In my world we'd score some prospects for Crede, re-sign Pods for a ruble, and let him duke it out with Quentin for left in the spring. I'm glad we signed Carlos, but until he proves it, if you want to compete, he's not a sure shot, or at least less of a sure shot than Scotty who's produced before. So, Quentin beats him out, ok, consider it an abortion. Pods proves himself, then for at least a little while there is a capable leadoff hitter in the fold at virtually no cost. Then, if our porcelain doll breaks, we have our plan B (Carlos in left) which would originally have been our plan A, and at no big loss.

*Edit* I know it's not gonna happen. Kenny would rather sign a retarded ostrich for left over pods.

Edited by ChiSox35

Thinking about the matchups and the make up of the team:

Game 1 Buehrle V Sabathia

Cabrera SS

Fields 3B

Swisher 1B

Konerko DH

Dye RF

Quentin LF

Hall C

Uribe 2B (Ozuna if he's gone)

Anderson CF

Game 2 Vazquez V Carmona

Owens CF

Cabrera SS

Thome DH

Konerko 1B

Swisher LF

Dye RF

Peirzynski C

Fields 3B

Richar 2B

It will be interesting to see who plays well with who defensively. The White Sox seem to me to have a lot of useful situational players rather than everyday stars. It would not surprise me to see 12 different position players get on the field over the course of any given game.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 20, 2008 -> 01:53 AM)
The only way Owens starts over Quentin is if Quentin is hurt.

Isn't Quentin coming off an injury? So it might take him awhile to get back in the swing of things. Plus Ozzie wants speed at the top of the lineup. I just dont see Cabrera leading off but if Owens has a terrible ST than i guess they dont have much of a choice. I think the starting lineup looks like this on opening a day pending another move or so:

Owens CF

Cabrera SS

Thome DH

Konerko 1B

Dye RF

Swisher LF

Fields 3B

Pierzynski C

Richar 2B

QUOTE(ChiSox35 @ Jan 20, 2008 -> 01:48 AM)
How is everyone so sure Quentin makes the club, let alone becomes our everyday LF? I can see Owens leading off, Cabrera hitting second, and Nicholas hitting in between Dye and Crede/Fields. Also, it's been said that Fields won't man left, but it's also been said that Neal Cotts could one day be a no. 5 for the Cubs. Not saying it's gonna happen, but until opening day, or at least well into spring training, don't rule this out. If no one takes Crede before then, what are you gonna do? Send a ready Fields to the minors, or use Crede and Fields, and take an extended look at Quentin in Charlotte? Unless our hitters take a trip to Great America to power-ride Deja Vu (rip) Fields in left shouldn't be *too much* of a problem...

In my world we'd score some prospects for Crede, re-sign Pods for a ruble, and let him duke it out with Quentin for left in the spring. I'm glad we signed Carlos, but until he proves it, if you want to compete, he's not a sure shot, or at least less of a sure shot than Scotty who's produced before. So, Quentin beats him out, ok, consider it an abortion. Pods proves himself, then for at least a little while there is a capable leadoff hitter in the fold at virtually no cost. Then, if our porcelain doll breaks, we have our plan B (Carlos in left) which would originally have been our plan A, and at no big loss.

*Edit* I know it's not gonna happen. Kenny would rather sign a retarded ostrich for left over pods.

Quentin has absolutely nothing to prove in the minors....have you ever seen what the guy did at the minors? his worst year was better than fields best year and in addition he did it at an earlier age at just about every stop....he has the potential to get on base at a .380-.400 clip and hit for some power....owens on the other hand has 0 power, and will probably only get on base at a .340 clip

crede has to be traded imo...hes as good as gone at the end of the year and has no place that he fits into on this team....why not get what little we can for him now? unless KW feels teh draft picks would be worth it, but i doubt hell be type A

Edited by daa84

QUOTE(hogan873 @ Jan 20, 2008 -> 11:11 AM)
Okay, I'll insult myself right now. I guess we're looking at if the season started now, and Ramirez hasn't officially joined the team. Answered my own question there.

Beyond that, after the Swisher deal, the only place Ramirez could play as a starter is at 2nd base...and not only did Danny show a lot of promise there last year, not only did we give up a solid bit of talent to get him, but we also have Uribe there needing playing time for now too.

Unless someone gets hurt, I think Ramirez has a good chance at starting SS for us in April of 09.

QUOTE(whitesox1976 @ Jan 19, 2008 -> 10:06 PM)
I would probably go with

1. Cabrera ss

2. Swisher cf

3. Thome dh

4. PK 1b

5. Dye rf

6. Fields/Crede 3B

7. AJP c

8. Quentin lf

9. Richar 2b

Although I would have a tough time deciding on either Fields or Crede at 3B.

That's a pretty potent lineup. s***, we could get 240-250 bombs out of that starting lineup alone.

Let's all pray for the pitching staff.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 20, 2008 -> 02:16 PM)
This thread depressed me. Not looking forward to the season at all. :(

Really?

1.PODS

2. Iguchi

3. Everett

4. Konerko

5. Dye

6. Rowand

7. AJP

8. Crede

9 Uribe

Do you realize how much better offensively our team is this year?

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 20, 2008 -> 02:16 PM)
This thread depressed me. Not looking forward to the season at all. :(

A thread discussing the starting lineup should actually get you pretty excited it's the starting rotation that should depress you. Personally, I can't wait for the season to start, this lineup is younger, more exciting and infinitely more talented than that boring pile of crap they ran out there on opening day 2007. It's going to be a very fun lineup to watch.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jan 20, 2008 -> 05:41 PM)
A thread discussing the starting lineup should actually get you pretty excited it's the starting rotation that should depress you. Personally, I can't wait for the season to start, this lineup is younger, more exciting and infinitely more talented than that boring pile of crap they ran out there on opening day 2007. It's going to be a very fun lineup to watch.

I'm with Kalapse.

I also don't think Richar is a bad option to lead off. Has a good eye and takes pitches. He drew plenty of walks last year, didn't he?

Thing is we have two guys in Cabrera and Swisher who are made for #2 spot.

Here's my projected lineup and my projected BA and HR, I'll leave RBIs alone for now.

Quentin .274 13 HRs

Cabrera .291 8 HRs

Thome .270 32 HRs

Konerko .302 38 HRs

Swisher .293 34 HRs

Dye .311 30 HRs

Fields .258 28 HRs

AJP .277 12 HRs

Uribe .244 16 HRs

That's a total of 211 HRs with these starters alone. A healthy Crede could put up 28 HRs or so as well if switched out.

Bench

Crede

Hall

Owens

Ramirez

Ozuna

Richar

Not any more HRs coming from there, minus Crede.

Edited by rowand's rowdies

Quentin hit 9 home runs in his first stint in the big leagues in about 160 ABs. If he's healthy, he's not only hitting "13".

Fields hit 23 in 373 ABs. 28 I could buy, but that pretty much assumes he doesn't improve at all next year and hits some major sophomore struggles.