2008 White Sox Catch-All Thread

Heads22

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (tommy @ Aug 19, 2008 -> 07:08 PM)
Orioles put Sherrill on 15-day DL.

Both pitchers from the suspended game (Linebrink and Sherrill) are not available, who will be on the mound when the game resumes?

Probably let the managers decide since both teams are without their pitchers.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 19, 2008 -> 05:53 PM)
I could see the Sox using Carrasco. I think the Sox will have CQ up in the bottom of the inning.

Can the Sox use Carrasco? I am under the impression you are only allowed to use players that were on the 25-man roster at the time of the game.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Aug 19, 2008 -> 03:58 PM)
Can the Sox use Carrasco? I am under the impression you are only allowed to use players that were on the 25-man roster at the time of the game.

Nope, you can use new members. In fact, the Sox could be at a bit of an advantage since you may have Carassco, Russel, and Richard all available (guys who wouldn't have been had the game continued on).

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 19, 2008 -> 06:17 PM)
Probably let the managers decide since both teams are without their pitchers.

The managers always can decide. It's just a matter of replacing a pitcher, when a manager can do at any time during any game.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Aug 20, 2008 -> 02:48 PM)
Missing Sherrill for that whole series is huge. They will miss Percival as well.

With Tampa's pen, I'd rather they have Percival instead of Balfour closing. The Rays missing Crawford and Longoria is very nice.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Aug 20, 2008 -> 10:30 AM)
What was the situation when this game was suspended ... like inning, score, etc.

Top the 12, 3-3

--------

Johnson was in the bottom of the 10th, when Hernandez caught the tipped bunt attempt by Anderson and got Quentin off on 3rd. Then at the top of the 11th, Hernandez hit a homer off of Linebrink, Sherrill came in Bottom of 11th and Uribe hit a homer. So they are through 11 innings, 3-3 tie.

thats what happened in the 10th and 11th, just a little refresher

QUOTE (JFields27 @ Aug 20, 2008 -> 09:44 AM)
Top the 12, 3-3

--------

Johnson was in the bottom of the 10th, when Hernandez caught the tipped bunt attempt by Anderson and got Quentin off on 3rd. Then at the top of the 11th, Hernandez hit a homer off of Linebrink, Sherrill came in Bottom of 11th and Uribe hit a homer. So they are through 11 innings, 3-3 tie.

thats what happened in the 10th and 11th, just a little refresher

Thank you.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Aug 20, 2008 -> 07:48 AM)
Missing Sherrill for that whole series is huge. They will miss Percival as well.

And then obviously Crawford and Longoria.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 17, 2008 -> 01:32 AM)
If you were told flat out the Sox cannot make the WS what teams would you prefer getting in the WS?

I'd pick the Dodgers in the NL (for Torre getting even with Yankees) and Rays in AL. I might take the Twins except for the dome. I hate that f***ing dome.

Angels vs Dodgers

Rays vs Dodgers

Angels vs Brewers

Rays vs Brewers

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 17, 2008 -> 01:32 AM)
If you were told flat out the Sox cannot make the WS what teams would you prefer getting in the WS?

I'd pick the Dodgers in the NL (for Torre getting even with Yankees) and Rays in AL. I might take the Twins except for the dome. I hate that f***ing dome.

If not the white sox, then I'd enjoy an Angels vs. Diamondbacks world series. The pitching matchups would be great.

My third choice for World Series would be Rays vs. Brewers. Two teams no one though would be there, but surprised everyone.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 21, 2008 -> 07:32 PM)
So I put this in the NFL thread but may as well put it here too, Jermaine Dye is a Bears fan :headbang saw him at the Bears-9ers preseason game.

edit: on tv of course.

Swish was with Dye at the game.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 21, 2008 -> 05:32 PM)
So I put this in the NFL thread but may as well put it here too, Jermaine Dye is a Bears fan :headbang saw him at the Bears-9ers preseason game.

edit: on tv of course.

So is Swisher. He was at the game as well.