Official 2007-08 College Basketball Thread

QUOTE(fathom @ Mar 1, 2008 -> 06:29 PM)
So, my brother thinks I'm nuts cause I think Mayo and Bayless will be better pros than Beasley. I know Mayo hasn't lived up to his reputation for much of the year, but he'll be much better in a more open situation. I'll never understand why Tim Floyd plays a slow style with that roster.

Beasley is the best player I've ever seen at the college level. The guy is ridiculous and there is a no way that Mayo will be a better pro.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Mar 1, 2008 -> 08:44 PM)
I hate you.

:D :headbang

Good win for ISU tonight but it's still gonna come down to how they perform in the tournament. It's always tough to beat a team 3 times in one season. Of course we'll each have to win our quarterfinal game first.

Edited by The Bones

QUOTE(The Bones @ Mar 1, 2008 -> 09:40 PM)
:D :headbang

Good win for ISU tonight but it's still gonna come down to how they perform in the tournament. It's always tough to beat a team 3 times in one season. Of course we'll each have to win our quarterfinal game first.

You guys are in the tourney for sure. If we meet, just lay down, he need it more.

QUOTE(Brian @ Mar 1, 2008 -> 09:44 PM)
You guys are in the tourney for sure.

I highly doubt that. I think we need to at least make the championship game and maybe need to win it all. Unfortunately, after tonight I think SIU needs to win the tournament to get in.

QUOTE(The Bones @ Mar 1, 2008 -> 09:56 PM)
I highly doubt that. I think we need to at least make the championship game and maybe need to win it all. Unfortunately, after tonight I think SIU needs to win the tournament to get in.

I really think we are in now. If not I think the selection committee will have made a mistake. ISU has had a great season, I really can't believe we won tonight. And, bones, i can't believe im not the only isu fan on this board.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Mar 1, 2008 -> 09:31 PM)
Beasley is the best player I've ever seen at the college level. The guy is ridiculous and there is a no way that Mayo will be a better pro.

Being a great college player doesn't always transfer to greatness at the pro level. Mayo's game is more cut out for the NBA than college for the most part.

Mayo is going to be 21 years old as an NBA rookie next year, and while he is a very solid NBA prospect, he has been passed by Beasley, Rose, Bayless, and Eric Gordon in his class. Deandre Jordan's potential should put him ahead of Mayo as well. Still in the mid to late top 10 Mayo would be a nice selection and instant help for a team looking for a scoring SG.

Osiris Eldridge is a f***in machine. That guy tore us apart! Congrats the ISU on the win, as much as i hate you guys, i've got respect a team that can take it to us at the arena. Now, lets win the MVC tourney! Go Dawgs!

I am seeing no Cornell love here. First team in the tourney! Unfortunately, we will probably be one of the first teams out.

I sat three rows behind Tommy Amaker, and didn't hear the guy say one word. I guess he is not big on in-game coaching...

Edited by pierard

QUOTE(pierard @ Mar 2, 2008 -> 09:21 AM)
I am seeing no Cornell love here. First team in the tourney! Unfortunately, we will probably be one of the first teams out.

I sat three rows behind Tommy Amaker, and didn't hear the guy say one word. I guess he is not big on in-game coaching...

was Andy Bernard there rooting for his alma mater???

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Mar 2, 2008 -> 09:31 AM)
Pretty nervous about today's game at Michigan State; IU hasn't won there since 1991. A loss, and we kill any chance at sharing the Big Ten title.

The Big Ten title would be really nice, but to me ensuring we have no more than one loss the rest of the way is what will set us up for an NCAA run. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to win out, but I don't want to lose today and in the B10 Tournament.

So you tell me, which is better or is there much of a difference when looking at the big picture? Sharing the B10 title or winning the B10 Tournament and being on a roll going into the Big Dance?

Well there's no way we lose more than one during the rest of the conference slate; today's the only game left on our schedule that I can conceivably see us losing. If we lose vs. Minnesota or @ Penn State (especially after one today), we won't do anything of worth the rest of the way anyways.

For some reason (probably because I'm crazy), I still can't get too excited about the BTT, and I personally want to see this team have their name on the Big Ten title (even if it's shared) more than winning the BTT. I bet some of that has to do with the fact that we've never seen IU do well in the BTT, with the exception of 2001, when Luke Recker's BS shot beat us in the final game.

Also, I'm just too into the moment on this schedule. I'll probably place more importance on the BTT by next Sunday.

QUOTE(pierard @ Mar 2, 2008 -> 10:21 AM)

When Amaker was at Michigan, he used to b**** all the time.

QUOTE(kjshoe04 @ Mar 1, 2008 -> 10:15 PM)
I really think we are in now. If not I think the selection committee will have made a mistake. ISU has had a great season, I really can't believe we won tonight. And, bones, i can't believe im not the only isu fan on this board.

I hope you're right but I still have my doubts. And it would have been nice if they hadn't waited until the year after I graduated to have a season like this.

Figured as much. Guess this goes back to the old more deserving or best teams argument.

Oh and I guess you didn't bother to watch the game today without Patterson huh? Down 20-5 to the #1 team on the road, and somehow they find a way to score even though they only have two of them, one of which was out the majority of the second half.

And Gardner-Webb? How about November 7th? I'd say 4-6 over the RPI Top 50 is pretty damn good, our strength of schedule is #14 (probably higher after today) and our RPI is moving on up.

For what it's worth, a member of the committee last night told Bilas, Digger, and Hubert that as of right now Kentucky is in based on their conference record alone. They actually care about how you finish.

But bring up some other bubble teams and I'll argue their cases and Kentucky's case.