Official 2007-08 College Basketball Thread

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ May 9, 2008 -> 08:34 PM)
Just need some size now.

Where's the beef??

I'm confident Maurice Sutton will commit. Crean's been all over his ass for years. In other news, it appears as though its a matter of time before Jeremiah Rivers (PG-Georgetown) transfers to IU. The Washington Times reports that it's a done deal, but other sources say Rivers hasn't made an official decision. Rivers won't score much, but he's about as lockdown a defender as there is in college basketball. I'd very much welcome the transfer.

Edited by sircaffey

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ May 11, 2008 -> 09:49 AM)
What's next? Eric Gordon and Derrick Rose took gifts?

I know, hard to believe, right?

These athletes are getting bold and dumb, though. And now they dont care who they trash in their wake. Reggie Bush and OJ Mayo are getting paid, why should they care that USC is getting dragged through the mud?

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 11, 2008 -> 09:53 AM)
I know, hard to believe, right?

These athletes are getting bold and dumb, though. And now they dont care who they trash in their wake. Reggie Bush and OJ Mayo are getting paid, why should they care that USC is getting dragged through the mud?

Indeed, and when you consider how many guys are only staying one year and how desperate schools are getting to get them, schools getting caught doing this will become more and more common in college basketball in my opinion.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

It's hard for me to blame the kid most of the time. You aren't allowed to work if you are a collegiate athlete, and some guy gives you a bunch of money under the table as a gift. What are you gonna do? I would of had trouble refusing it as well. A lot of temptation for these kids. Sometimes we forget they are only 18 or 19.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 11, 2008 -> 11:54 AM)
It's hard for me to blame the kid most of the time. You aren't allowed to work if you are a collegiate athlete, and some guy gives you a bunch of money under the table as a gift. What are you gonna do? I would of had trouble refusing it as well. A lot of temptation for these kids. Sometimes we forget they are only 18 or 19.

I would at least attempt to avoid getting caught. Reggie Bush and his family recieved a HOUSE, who isnt going to notice that?

Hell of a bad offseason for UNC. Lawson and Ellington most likely gone, with Green as a decent possibility, and now Alex Stepheson is transferring. I don't understand why Deon gets the PT over him, and never will. Alex will be a very good one somewhere in Cali.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 11, 2008 -> 09:49 AM)
What's next? Eric Gordon and Derrick Rose took gifts?

The NCAA admits mistake in letting Darrell Arthur attend Kansas. A Dallas station reports that the rumors that have been around are true and that Arthur should not have cleared the NCAA clearinghouse, due to a math class he did not pass. A few of his other grades were also changed two years after he had taken the courses. Nothing implicates Kansas in doing anything wrong, just that it was a screwup on the NCAA's part to allow him to be eligible.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ May 15, 2008 -> 09:31 PM)
Hell of a bad offseason for UNC. Lawson and Ellington most likely gone, with Green as a decent possibility, and now Alex Stepheson is transferring. I don't understand why Deon gets the PT over him, and never will. Alex will be a very good one somewhere in Cali.
It's not official yet, but with Davis & Zeller coming in and Hansbrough returing it makes sense. He had a hard time being away from his dad when he fell seriously ill during the season. He did return to California to be with him, but it hit Alex pretty hard from what I've heard.

His biggest weakness was his hands, just terrible at catching the damn ball. He is a beast physically though and hit the boards well. If he is indeed on his way out of "the hill" I wish him all the best.

QUOTE (JuiceCruz16 @ May 16, 2008 -> 10:16 AM)
The NCAA admits mistake in letting Darrell Arthur attend Kansas. A Dallas station reports that the rumors that have been around are true and that Arthur should not have cleared the NCAA clearinghouse, due to a math class he did not pass. A few of his other grades were also changed two years after he had taken the courses. Nothing implicates Kansas in doing anything wrong, just that it was a screwup on the NCAA's part to allow him to be eligible.

That teacher who released his grades can be sued in civil court. KU did nothing wrong and DA could probably care less, he is about to make millions..

no wonder they call him slim shady.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ May 15, 2008 -> 09:31 PM)

It's official and as expected he cited his health concerns with his family as the reason to return home and provide more support for them in California. I wish the big kid all the luck in the world, and hopefully his dad's health issue improve.

Not Buckeyes fan, but he's one of the better athletes in the nation, but he never developed a jumpshot. He was a UNC target his sophomore year in high school when he was rated as one of the top 5 players in the class, but never really developed a jumper.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ May 22, 2008 -> 12:15 PM)
Heads, I am hearing tampering being thrown out with Johnson situation??? Can you clarify?

A Kentucky grad assistant used to be a player at ISU.

I honestly have little idea of what is going on.

Now that Jeremiah Rivers is a confirmed transfer to IU, Crean has capped an impressive beginning to his tenure. 5 classic organizational guys (all 3 star prospects) coming in this year long with 7-0 265 lbs, Tijan Jobe, who sounds like a project similar to Thabeet. In addition, 4 guys committed for 2009 (3 3-star, 1 4-star). A couple of years of growing pains, and then IU basketball will be back.