Official 2007-08 College Basketball Thread

Paulus just has one of those faces that you want to hit with something blunt.

I'm also surprised that UofI fans don't seem to be as excited for this game as I thought they'd be. Is all focus on the football team for now?

EDIT: I was going to add that Duke is getting the usual 'kid gloves' treatment from the refs, but I see it's already been mentioned.

Edited by CWSGuy406

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Nov 20, 2007 -> 09:06 PM)
Paulus just has one of those faces that you want to hit with something blunt.

I'm also surprised that UofI fans don't seem to be as excited for this game as I thought they'd be. Is all focus on the football team for now?

EDIT: I was going to add that Duke is getting the usual 'kid gloves' treatment from the refs, but I see it's already been mentioned.

Two cheap fouls on Randle. Shocking.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 21, 2007 -> 03:11 AM)
Two cheap fouls on Randle. Shocking.

Weber must have been watching a different Randle than I have during his Illini career. You can't leave him in there with 2 fouls in the 1st half. Illinois just has such a glaring weakness at shooting guard. They're solid at every other possession. The game plan from the get-go should have been going down low to Pruitt.

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 20, 2007 -> 09:17 PM)
Weber must have been watching a different Randle than I have during his Illini career. You can't leave him in there with 2 fouls in the 1st half. Illinois just has such a glaring weakness at shooting guard. They're solid at every other possession. The game plan from the get-go should have been going down low to Pruitt.

Agreed, I think it was more situational than anything though. And that 3rd call was a f***ing joke as well.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 21, 2007 -> 03:21 AM)
Agreed, I think it was more situational than anything though. And that 3rd call was a f***ing joke as well.

It's been called the whole game though, you need to be smarter than that. I've always believed Randle's one of the dumbest players I've ever seen on the basketball court. Nice stretch for the Illini over the last 2 minutes, as they actually got the benefit on some calls from the refs.

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 20, 2007 -> 09:23 PM)
It's been called the whole game though, you need to be smarter than that. I've always believed Randle's one of the dumbest players I've ever seen on the basketball court. Nice stretch for the Illini over the last 2 minutes, as they actually got the benefit on some calls from the refs.

It has been called only on Illinois though. Largely because we don't drive that much, but also because Duke has always been allowed to use their hands and bump perimeter players no matter who they play.

QUOTE(Felix @ Nov 20, 2007 -> 09:15 PM)
The game wasn't on here Heads, care to give me a recap? I'm glad the Gophers won, especially after last years debacle.

Greg McDermott has apparently never coached against a full court press. Minnesota tried to lose the game at the end but we wouldn't take it.

Tollackson owned us, once again, having a field day against the likes of Hubalek and Thompson. McKenzie was fun to watch. Tubby will have that team competing in games that it shouldn't this year.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Nov 20, 2007 -> 12:13 AM)
I wouldn't read a ton into it. The game has been in hand the entire time and we're playing everybody. No biggie.

This team looked really solid tonight. Really nice to see.

I will now go knock on wood for Brian Randle and his groin, like I do every night before bed.

The mention of wood and Brian Randle's groin, just makes me shake my head....

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 20, 2007 -> 09:31 PM)
Greg McDermott has apparently never coached against a full court press. Minnesota tried to lose the game at the end but we wouldn't take it.

Tollackson owned us, once again, having a field day against the likes of Hubalek and Thompson. McKenzie was fun to watch. Tubby will have that team competing in games that it shouldn't this year.

Glad to hear that, because I've been thinking the same about them. I've liked the way the defense has played so far this year, and the offense has done surprisingly well with a variety of lineups.

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 21, 2007 -> 04:10 AM)
Illinois just does not have the offensive fire power to hold up in this game. And they've played some terrible, terrible D.

Pruitt is a terrible help defender....it's probably the thing that Augustine did the best that no one appreciated.

QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 20, 2007 -> 10:16 PM)
How many jump shots has Illinois actually made tonight? Can't be more than 5.

Brock has made a few. Tisdale made a few and Randle made a couple. Not having a 2 guard is going to kill us against teams like Duke all year. Jamar killed the team with his stupidity last year.