Boo'ing the President

jasonxctf

I've never liked him much at all, but personally I wouldn't boo him in public, purely out of respect for the office he holds and the job he does.

That being said, I would hope the leader of this country has thick enough skin to not really be that bothered by the public's opinion of him, and it's not good for him to live in a fantasy world where a majority of people actually like him, either.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 10:23 AM)
Yes.

But I thought it was classless. And he got much worse than a "mixed" reaction -- the crowd really gave it to him, sad to say.

In 2002 he probably would've gotten a standing ovation.

QUOTE(lostfan @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 09:29 AM)
I've never liked him much at all, but personally I wouldn't boo him in public, purely out of respect for the office he holds and the job he does.

Does one have to respect an office that hasn't respected the American people and the constitution?

Ok, political rant over.

Not only is it OK, it should happen. That singular act sums up our freedoms. Every President in my lifetime deserved a hearty round of boos at least a few times in their Presidency.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 10:32 AM)
Does one have to respect an office that hasn't respected the American people and the constitution?

Ok, political rant over.

The office, yes, unconditionally.

The person holding it, hell no.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 09:38 AM)
I think its OK, but, I wouldn't do it personally. I think I'd be silent.

Saw Clinton just after the Monica scandal and I booed, no regrets.

QUOTE(lostfan @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 09:30 AM)
In 2002 he probably would've gotten a standing ovation.

In the 01 World Series didnt he get a huge ovation throwing out the first pitch at Yankee Stadium?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 10:54 AM)
In the 01 World Series didnt he get a huge ovation throwing out the first pitch at Yankee Stadium?

Yeah, there was all that bipartisanship spirit that actually lasted for a good while, which was a really nice feeling in spite of what it took to make it. It's COMPLETELY fallen apart since then.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 09:23 AM)
Yes.

But I thought it was classless. And he got much worse than a "mixed" reaction -- the crowd really gave it to him, sad to say.

I'm kind of going the other way. Watching it on TV I thought it was pretty close to even with most of the boos being from obnoxious people. Either way I'm sure most people there are not supportive of him, but I thought most seemed to be respectful other than the small percent of loud booers.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 10:07 AM)
I enjoyed the boo birds. If there I would have boo'd. He does have a nice arm though. I'm sick of seeing grown men throw the ball and it hits about 15 feet before the catcher.

I would have booed if and only if he had made a bad pitch. Actually, I probably would have laughed.

I'm not much for booing.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 07:54 AM)

For crying out loud...the man actually THREW A STRIKE with that pitch.

You guys know how loudly I'd have been booing him last night if I'd been there. But for a President to come up and throw a strike...I'd at least cheer that. Even for this president.

Eh it's fine to boo I suppose. If Hillary Clinton threw out the first pitch at a Sox game would I boo? Probably not, unless I was drunk then maybe I would.

The reaction for GW Bush was mixed, cheers were as loud as the boos.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 01:28 PM)
For crying out loud...the man actually THREW A STRIKE with that pitch.

You guys know how loudly I'd have been booing him last night if I'd been there. But for a President to come up and throw a strike...I'd at least cheer that. Even for this president.

Especially because he is throwing those pitches while wearing a bulletproof vest. Try that one on for size.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 31, 2008 -> 05:49 PM)
Especially because he is throwing those pitches while wearing a bulletproof vest. Try that one on for size.

Maybe that explains Colon's size, he's wearing the mother of all bulletproof vests :lolhitting