May a curse be on your house, oh tribe of Cleveland!

knightni

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 01:09 PM)
As someone whose family is on the rolls of the Cherokee nation, i vote that i like the titles of the threads and applaud the effort at creativity. I also can't believe it's even being discussed. What's going on around here? Ignore it if you don't like it.

My original title was something like, "Small Pox The Blankets of our Opponents."

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 03:47 PM)
No you will be sick when he is hitting .227 into August, and Hawk starts a montra on how Uribe can carry a team. He will hit .350 in September to push him to .240.

You act like I don't know this. Better yet, that .240 will come with a rockin' .262 OBP.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE(JorgeFabregas @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 02:10 PM)
Scott Reifert's blog has been updated and says

Lineup: Swisher, CF; Cabrera, SS; Thome, DH; PK, 1B; Dye, RF; AJ, C; Ramirez, CF; Crede, 3B; Uribe, 2B. Vazquez pitching.

Yes, it has both Swisher and Ramirez playing CF.

Seeing as how I may not see it this season, I am going to pretend it says Anderson, Cf; Ramirez, 2b; Fields, 3b...

Whatever, just get a W and I'm happy.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 03:47 PM)
No you will be sick when he is hitting .227 into August, and Hawk starts a montra on how Uribe can carry a team. He will hit .350 in September to push him to .240.

LOL!!! Yes, Juan "Too Little, Too Late" Uribe. Or is it: Juan "One Pump Chump" Uribe (as in, has one good month then goes over the cliff)?

Ugh.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 09:48 AM)
I bet you the line-up is the exact same.

Ozzie reads Soxtalk and values my opinion greatly. Oh wait he flipped the leftie rightie thing so that Joe Borowski can come in face 7-9 to end the game and laugh his ass off as three guys that can not hit anything other than straight 94 MPH fastballs pop out and K.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 04:06 PM)
I really do not get Ramirez in CF over Quentin or Anderson. He is not a CF and its not like he has a phenomenal bat that we need to get in the lineup.

I think Ozzie would play Southpaw over Anderson if he could. Anderson needs a trade in the worst way to get some time. I expect when Owens comes back, Anderson will be join Fields with the Knights.

Quentin for some reason, is a pinch hitter and sometimes OF.

I think Carlos Quentin's treatment will finally put the Ozzie latino bias bit to rest. It's not so much that he likes the latin guys--it's that he likes the wispy players who can run fast.

Edit: I give it five posts before someone makes a distinction between Ozzie's treatment of American born latin players vs. central/South American.

Edited by JorgeFabregas

QUOTE(JorgeFabregas @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 04:15 PM)
I think Carlos Quentin's treatment will finally put the Ozzie latino bias bit to rest. It's not so much that he likes the latin guys--it's that he likes the wispy players who can run fast.

Edit: I give it five posts before someone makes a distinction between Ozzie's treatment of American born latin players vs. central/South American.

wispy :lolhitting

QUOTE(JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 03:16 PM)
Why isn't Ramirez batting 9th? I dont want Crede and Uribe hitting behind him, he will be stranded on base everytime. Put Alexei 9th, and let him get on base for Swisher or Cabrera to send him around the bases.

Because he's Alfonso Soriano

QUOTE(JorgeFabregas @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 05:15 PM)

oh yeah i was gonna post that til i saw your edit lol

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 04:37 PM)
OK I'm tired of deleting posts, so... please stay on game topic and avoid snide or offensive references to Indians. Try to keep focused on THE Indians.

I believe they're called "Native Americans."

:lol:

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE(iamshack @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 04:41 PM)
I believe their called "Native Americans."

:lol:

Actually, at least when I was taking AmIn classes in undergrad, after much back and forth, the generally accepted terminology became American Indians. Not because it was correct, but, at least among anthro folks and AmerInd tribal leaders themselves, they decided it was the least offensive. Ben Nighthorse-Campbell led a campaign of sorts to solidify that.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled game thread. :usa

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 04:44 PM)
Actually, at least when I was taking AmIn classes in undergrad, after much back and forth, the generally accepted terminology became American Indians. Not because it was correct, but, at least among anthro folks and AmerInd tribal leaders themselves, they decided it was the least offensive. Ben Nighthorse-Campbell led a campaign of sorts to solidify that.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled game thread. :usa

I do actually learn something new every day..."American Indians." :)

Chicago WSox
Nick Swisher LF .500
Orlando Cabrera SS .250
Jim Thome DH .400
Paul Konerko 1B .200
Jermaine Dye RF .750
AJ Pierzynski C .500
Alexei Ramirez CF .000
Joe Crede 3B .200
Juan Uribe 2B .250
  Javier Vazquez (0-0, 0.00)

Cleveland
Grady Sizemore CF .250
Asdrubal Cabrera 2B .000
Jhonny Peralta SS .500
Travis Hafner DH .250
Ryan Garko 1B .250
Franklin Gutierrez RF 1.000
David Dellucci LF .000
Casey Blake 3B .250
Kelly Shoppach C .500
  Fausto Carmona (0-0, 0.00)

Umpires: HP: Brian Gorman. 1B: Bruce Dreckman. 2B: Sam Holbrook. 3B: Gerry Davis. Weather: 37 degrees, clear.Wind: 9 mph, In from RF.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 05:31 PM)
can't wait to see how mariotti spins another cub loss tomorrow. His recent sox bashing has reached new levels of ignorance, even for him. I know, I know, I shouldn't read it. Can't help myself.

Anytime that douche gets you upset. play this. And you will realize that everyone hates him. Even his co-workers.