DHL S****

J-MAN

I shipped some NCAA final four tickets overnite on Sunday!

They were not picked up by DHL until Monday - should have been delivered on Tuesday!

No tickets - after numerous phone calls no one knows where my tickets are!

Idiot on the other end asks can't you just get duplicates?

I figured since Sox and other teams use DHL must have been okay - NEVER AGAIN - FED EX FROM NOW ON!

After going to various DHL sucks sites - realize I am not alone!

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 02:29 PM)
define:obtuse

Blunt or rounded at the end.

of an angle; between 90 and 180 degrees

blunt, not acute, usually the end of a leaf.

?

God - haven't any of you seen the Shawshank Redemption?

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 09:29 AM)
define:obtuse

Blunt or rounded at the end.

of an angle; between 90 and 180 degrees

blunt, not acute, usually the end of a leaf.

?

This is an ACUTE observation.

QUOTE(Brian @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 10:58 AM)
This is an ACUTE observation.

They say PA has acute angina, but I haven't had a peek at it yet.

If true though, that's good, because his boobs are awful.

;)

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 09:33 AM)
I actually love DHL. Ive had experiences where they have told me where the truck is so I can meet him somewhere since I needed a package early, their staff at the drop off place is great, and they seem to be on time a majority of the time.

As a person who ships pretty expensive, sensitive equipment all over the world. I can tell you, that all carriers have issues.

Fedex - Was shipped one Dell 1750 server overnight. The box, which looked like a Wolverine had attacked the box was delivered to my office. The servers rack ears were bent back, and the entire right side of the server was caved in. When we popped the top off to get the raid card, there were loose chips that had popped off the mother board. You know you had a case of server soccer when the soddered chips pop off.

DHL - Sent a Juniper firewall to Asia. The box showed up, and when they opened it, it was 20 pairs of womens shoes sent to Marge in Ohio with a note from her sister.

UPS - Box with server came to our site. The bottom of the server box looked warped. It seemed a bit heavier than the usual box. When we took the server out of the box, water came out of the back of the server.

I have also had issues with UPS, FEd Ex and DHL, but have had the fewest so far with DLH. I swear FedEx just doesn't want my business since I compete with them in one sector, and f*** up my shipments on purpose to make me look bad to my customers. I have had boxes show up with water , like above, with half the stuff missing and sent to the wrong destinations with UPS. So far, I have just had a few late deliveries with DHL. Sorry your experience sucked.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 04:01 PM)
I have also had issues with UPS, FEd Ex and DHL, but have had the fewest so far with DLH. I swear FedEx just doesn't want my business since I compete with them in one sector, and f*** up my shipments on purpose to make me look bad to my customers. I have had boxes show up with water , like above, with half the stuff missing and sent to the wrong destinations with UPS. So far, I have just had a few late deliveries with DHL. Sorry your experience sucked.

Anyone tried the USPS overnite service?

We recently switched to DHL because the sales rep was hot. Seriously, that's the reason. FedEx was working fine for us.

Not a bad switch, though. The pickup and delivery guys are nice, the rates aren't bad, and they handle stuff pretty well, as long as it's packed decently. Plus the rep pops in every so often to see how we're doing. Which is nice. I know it's just an excuse to see me, though. :P

QUOTE(almagest @ Apr 3, 2008 -> 01:02 AM)
We recently switched to DHL because the sales rep was hot. Seriously, that's the reason.

Plus the rep pops in every so often to see how we're doing. Which is nice. I know it's just an excuse to see me, though. :P

He's really got it in for you, huh?

QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 12:54 PM)
we are canning DHL at the office here too... nothing like sending a package to say Chicago from the burbs and DHL sending it to Ohio first.

Well, FedEx will send it to Memphis instead of Ohio, but whatever floats your boat.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Apr 2, 2008 -> 10:29 AM)
As a person who ships pretty expensive, sensitive equipment all over the world. I can tell you, that all carriers have issues.

Fedex - Was shipped one Dell 1750 server overnight. The box, which looked like a Wolverine had attacked the box was delivered to my office. The servers rack ears were bent back, and the entire right side of the server was caved in. When we popped the top off to get the raid card, there were loose chips that had popped off the mother board. You know you had a case of server soccer when the soddered chips pop off.

DHL - Sent a Juniper firewall to Asia. The box showed up, and when they opened it, it was 20 pairs of womens shoes sent to Marge in Ohio with a note from her sister.

UPS - Box with server came to our site. The bottom of the server box looked warped. It seemed a bit heavier than the usual box. When we took the server out of the box, water came out of the back of the server.

You could try a little airline that is based in Dallas-Fort Worth. They fly the forwarder's junk around. They are Kitty Hawk... oh wait a minute, they don't exist anymore... :o

Dude, I could tell you some stories about freight like this that would scare you. I spent hours and hours and hours in hubs and outstations for air cargo. It's an interesting business. And your packages will arrive on time, every time... or something... :lol:

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 3, 2008 -> 09:54 AM)
Has the Pony Express stopped running?

They all have issues, but seriously, they are all amazing. Send this half way across the globe in 24 hours please.

Seriously. I've always wanted to see the Postal Service and other delivery services operate, it fascinates me.