THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!

whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 03:29 PM)
Detoilet looking like crap .... their BP is gonna kill them all year....welcome to our world from last year, bastages

:headbang :gosox3:

7 out of their 9 starters are on the wrong side of 30, bullpen sucks, starting pitching is suspect. Yup sounds like 2007 Sox. I hope their record dips to that level too.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel great knowing that this team should very well be 3-1 if the ump crew in Cleveland wasn't terrible. The pen has been awesome, and so has the middle of the lineup.

My only concern...will we be able to outslug everyone night in and night out if the pitching falters?

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 04:09 PM)
I feel great knowing that this team should very well be 3-1 if the ump crew in Cleveland wasn't terrible. The pen has been awesome, and so has the middle of the lineup.

My only concern...will we be able to outslug everyone night in and night out if the pitching falters?

It's all about the 3-5 in the rotation for this team. We're going to hit and our pen is going to be good, we need the 3-5 in the rotation to be at least some what dependable.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 04:07 PM)
I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing Floyd pitch tomorrow. So excited about this year. They are going to be fun. One question, and this can be another thread, but if the White Sox start winning and are in or close to first place, do you trade Crede and/or Uribe? Or do you wait out the year...

I trade one/I trade juan.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 04:11 PM)
It's all about the 3-5 in the rotation for this team. We're going to hit and our pen is going to be good, we need the 3-5 in the rotation to be at least some what dependable.

Floyd is going to be extremely pivotal for us. Danks needs to keep it at a high level and his ERA around 4 and Floyd needs to go Garland-esque for us to compete.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 04:12 PM)
Floyd is going to be extremely pivotal for us. Danks needs to keep it at a high level and his ERA around 4 and Floyd needs to go Garland-esque for us to compete.

If by garland esque you mean his career avg, then well maybe. I still don't think we need that much from one particular player like you make it out to be. Its up to the whole pitching staff.

The Sox have 11 Doubles in 4 games. AJ on fire.

Logan, Linebrink, and Jenks have pitched a combined 6 innings without allowing a hit. Logan and Linebrink have yet to allow a baserunner.

My only concern is the rotation. Danks has been the only solid starter. Hopefully the others will come around.

I could get used to this pen. And I probably will be getting used to it with our starting staff. AJ could easily be the AL player of the week if he keeps it up. I was wondering where those down the line doubles we always saw in oakland were in Swish. But he'll start hitting eventually. This year will be fun when all cylinders are running. :bringit Oh and if they win tomorrow Sox are a Verlander killer. :sweep:

QUOTE(Cowch @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 04:44 PM)
I could get used to this pen. And I probably will be getting used to it with our starting staff. AJ could easily be the AL player of the week if he keeps it up. I was wondering where those down the line doubles we always saw in oakland were in Swish. But he'll start hitting eventually. This year will be fun when all cylinders are running. :bringit Oh and if they win tomorrow Sox are a Verlander killer. :sweep:

what's the weather like in oakland/seattle/texas at this time of year? could it be that OC isn't quite used to starting the year off in 30-40' weather and it might take his bat some time to heat up, same for swish, though oakland is in the upper part of california, not exactly known for it's toasty weather like LA/San Diego

not trying ot make excuses, just wondering if there's a simple reason for their slow bats, i mentioned earlier today that it looked like OC was swinging a 45oz bat today

QUOTE(Shamrock4Life @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 04:31 PM)
great game, i love it. Aj is the man. I would still trade Uribe if someone came asking. As far as his defense, he might end up costing us more runs in the end, at until he gets used to 2nd. Crede I would have to see what we get back, a real 2nd basemen and a prospect?

What's with people thinking that Crede actually has value? I'm not about to start this up again, because he's been good through 4 games, but he is mediocre 3Bman with everything considered, has one year left on his deal, and his agent is Scott Boras. I'd imagine the highest his value will ever be is about a B prospect. You aren't going to get multiple players for him unless they suck.

QUOTE(Wanne @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 05:40 PM)
Defensively?!?...not hardly.

I'd rather have Miguel Cabrera at 3B than Joe Crede, and Crede is probably twice the defensive player Cabrera is when his back isn't acting up. That's because Miguel Cabrera is a friggin monster.

As Rowand alluded to, Crede is an average 3Bman overall. Nick Punto and Brandon Inge aren't mediocre defensively, but they ride the pine because they are average. Crede really isn't that much better, if at all, than Brandon Inge.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 05:51 PM)
I'd rather have Miguel Cabrera at 3B than Joe Crede, and Crede is probably twice the defensive player Cabrera is when his back isn't acting up. That's because Miguel Cabrera is a friggin monster.

As Rowand alluded to, Crede is an average 3Bman overall. Nick Punto and Brandon Inge aren't mediocre defensively, but they ride the pine because they are average. Crede really isn't that much better, if at all, than Brandon Inge.

I guess I just dont' agree with the classifying. To me it's 2 different subjects. Offensively vs Defensively. Where do you draw the line as to what a good 3B is? To me if you bat around .250 and have a great glove...you're a good 3B.

QUOTE(Wanne @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 06:05 PM)
I guess I just dont' agree with the classifying. To me it's 2 different subjects. Offensively vs Defensively. Where do you draw the line as to what a good 3B is? To me if you bat around .250 and have a great glove...you're a good 3B.

If you are good offensively, you have to be simply godawful defensively to be brought down, ala Ryan Braun last season.

Joe Crede's defense isn't good enough for me to ignore his bat. And, because of how mediocre offensively he is, and how he rates among all other 3Bman in the league, I consider him to be quite mediocre.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 06:10 PM)
If you are good offensively, you have to be simply godawful defensively to be brought down, ala Ryan Braun last season.

Joe Crede's defense isn't good enough for me to ignore his bat. And, because of how mediocre offensively he is, and how he rates among all other 3Bman in the league, I consider him to be quite mediocre.

I see what you're sayin'....but don't necessarily agree with it. I think ARod is a below average 3B. But he's a great player. As for defining a good 3b...I'd take .250-260 and a great glove anyday. But that's just my opinion.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 4, 2008 -> 05:51 PM)
Nick Punto and Brandon Inge aren't mediocre defensively, but they ride the pine because they are average.

Note sure how you can make that comparison.

Inge doesn't ride the pine because he is average. He rides it because he can't beat out Miguel Cabrera.

Punto rides it because he can't beat out Mike Lamb.

Big difference.

Inge is a good player, slotted behind an all-star. Punto just sucks.

I know this is going to be an unpopular sentiment here and I am gonna get flamed/bashed big time, but I will say it none the less

Yes, Count had major control issues today, but he still made some very key outs and battled to keep the score to 5 and did good to get to the 6th inning, saving Masset for tomorrow if Floyd gets hammered. I am not saying the Count should be praised, but he did get out of key bases loaded jam in 1st and then another one later with minimal damage. Hopefully, this helps him figure his stuff out and it only gets better than that. Also, Tigers are one of the better hitting ball clubs now with Miggy in there.

Well for me, how nice is it to have 4 scoreless innings of relief.

This type of game last season, we would not have won. It shows how important it is to have an Octavio Dotel or a Scott Linebrink out there instead of a Jason Grilli.

Count wasn't good at all, but he kept us in the game.

Offensively wise, the bats have really woken up over the past 2 games.

My man Quentin is showing what he's capable of (I loved the LF - Quentin, CF - Swisher lineup), Swisher had 3 BB's, while A.J's been on fire.

Good, good win today.