2008 Chicago Cubs Catch-All Thread

DBAHO

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 6, 2008 -> 04:51 AM)
People just don't pitch to the scouting report against the Cubs, at least when I see them play. It is baffling, but when you watch how dumb people pitch them you see one of the many reasons their offense has been so good.

Throw sliders to Soriano, inside fastballs to Theriot (with your 2nd baseman playing him like he's a pull lefty), and sliders to Soto. I do like the Cubs having Soto, Edmonds, and Derosa batting in order. The PEDs boy should be their nickname.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 10:53 PM)
Throw sliders to Soriano, inside fastballs to Theriot (with your 2nd baseman playing him like he's a pull lefty), and sliders to Soto. I do like the Cubs having Soto, Edmonds, and Derosa batting in order. The PEDs boy should be their nickname.

Low and away. I wouldn't throw him a fastball unless it was a waste pitch- high and tight.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2008 -> 10:53 PM)

Soto cant recognize inside sliders very well and changes low. DLEE's numbers have started coming back to earth, waiting on A-ram's and Theriot's slump. Dempster started to show what kind of a pitcher he normally is. Bottom line on Comcast today said "Dempster to go deep" I guess they meant not even 6 innings? And why would you use up the least stretched out pitcher on the staff?

Hitters have terrible swings against cub pitching. Every team seems to have a Juan Uribe at-bat in big situations.

Also the cub rotation is not nearly as good as advertised and the pen is coming down to a one man show and Wood.

What is the over/under on Chipper Jones getting hurt before next week when the Braves come to town and if he does play, chances he goes 1-12....see Lance Berkman when the cub played Houston.

Oh boy, some local garbage ska/punk band covered "Go Cubs Go." I didn't think it was possible for that song to get any worse, but I guess people can accomplish anything when they put their minds to it.

Also, Hiroki Kuroda is pretty damn good. 3-0 Dodgers top 7.

Edited by almagest

QUOTE (almagest @ Jun 6, 2008 -> 11:28 PM)
Oh boy, some local garbage ska/punk band covered "Go Cubs Go." I didn't think it was possible for that song to get any worse, but I guess people can accomplish anything when they put their minds to it.

Also, Hiroki Kuroda is pretty damn good. 3-0 Dodgers top 7.

The way Saito pitches vs the Cubs, count on extra innings.

It seems like anytime I see a Cub pitcher get to a 3-2 count, he throws a slider down and away and the hitter swings and misses for strike 3. When do these people get the advanced scouting reports and realize to lay off that pitch?

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 6, 2008 -> 11:36 PM)
The way Saito pitches vs the Cubs, count on extra innings.

Nope, didn't f*** around with that tonight, Kuroda finished it off himself for the 3-0 complete game shutout win. A 4 hitter with no walks and 11 strikeouts, pretty damn dominant. He's thrown 15 and a third and allowed one earned run against the blue b****es now. Good to see a perfect day in Chicago baseball today, Sox win (and gain ground in the central) and the Cubs lose, hooray "Chicago Victory". For all the love the blue b****es get, their division lead is only 1/2 game bigger than ours, and although their offense is obviously better, our pitching blows theirs away. Can't wait for the crosstown series.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

I think Theriot is over-rated, big time. Last year, everyone was getting on their knees for him when his average was .330, and everyone wanted to kill him when he fell under .280 and finished under .300. This year, his downfall hasn't started yet, but it will soon.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 7, 2008 -> 04:54 PM)
Hu might be the worst player in the majors this season.

there was someone on this site, i cant remember Hu (yeah i went there)....no but seriously i dont know who it was...but someone wanted him BAD and was completely and utterly over the top and adamant on us getting him...like you said...good thing

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 7, 2008 -> 10:31 PM)
there was someone on this site, i cant remember Hu (yeah i went there)....no but seriously i dont know who it was...but someone wanted him BAD and was completely and utterly over the top and adamant on us getting him...like you said...good thing

Absolutely terrible...he looks like a bad hitting pitcher.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 7, 2008 -> 10:31 PM)

Probably one of the same guys who thinks every Angels propsect will become the best player ever.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 7, 2008 -> 04:57 PM)
I can't wait for the day that Zambrano suffers a season-ending injury due to his stupid antics.

wow it was 3-2...i left for 25 min and its 7-3 nice.....what did Z do?

looks like the cubs are finally having a tough time when they actually play teams that aren't 15 games under .500 at home