2008 Chicago Cubs Catch-All Thread

DBAHO

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 30, 2008 -> 03:35 PM)
Wrigley is such a joke when the wind is blowing out. The Cubs are within a hit of getting the tying run to home plate after being down 9-1.

Makes for entertaining baseball, though. Not particularly well-played baseball, but entertaining.

Bob Brenley said like back in the 2nd if Lilly could just pitch some solid ball until the 6th(obviously didnt) but that they could come back cause they are so good in the 7th inning

its amazing what they did this inning, my mom is a cubs fan it makes for a lot of arguments

QUOTE (Brian @ May 30, 2008 -> 09:46 PM)
Just hit it in the air and watch it carry out.

Too bad the Cubs have the two equalizers at the end of their bullpen who are much more likely to strike a hitter out then give up a ball in the air.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 30, 2008 -> 03:46 PM)
Cubs might be the greatest 7th inning team in the history of baseball.

What sucks is this is going to be one of those games we will hear about for the next 30 years. Like that stupid "Sandberg" game where he hit 2 home runs off of Sutter or the "Homer in the Gloamin" that dumbass Murphy talks about as if he was even a gleam in his dad's bloodshot eye at the time.

QUOTE (JFields27 @ May 30, 2008 -> 03:49 PM)
Bob Brenley said like back in the 2nd if Lilly could just pitch some solid ball until the 6th(obviously didnt) but that they could come back cause they are so good in the 7th inning

its amazing what they did this inning, my mom is a cubs fan it makes for a lot of arguments

I really doubt Josh Fields' mom cheers for the cubs.

QUOTE (Nokona @ May 30, 2008 -> 09:58 PM)
Is there more annoying of a sound than Bob Brenly and Len Kasper over the cacophony of Wrigley Field exploding in drunken joy

Yes, when you add in an obnoxious 7th inning stretch host also.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 30, 2008 -> 03:02 PM)
It would make it worth while if Wood blows this.

And with as many sliders as Marmol throws, I wouldn't be surprised if he went down at some point.

Atkins GIDP with a 3-1 count and helton flies out

QUOTE (fathom @ May 30, 2008 -> 01:02 PM)
So, is it blatantly obvious that Todd Helton was a juicer? His slugging percentage decrease is very suspicious.

Well, the only person who responded with more vehemence to the allegation than Helton did was Clemens. Helton got the only guy who accused him in a paper to take it back really, really quick.