2008 Chicago Cubs Catch-All Thread

DBAHO

QUOTE (fathom @ May 26, 2008 -> 02:54 PM)
Wow, that 2-0 to Maza wasn't even close! Terrible umpiring, and Dodgers deserve to lose this game.

Yup. I'd say there is a difference between 3-0 and 2-1 with bags loaded.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

third time this game dodgers have had a runner in scoring position with 0 outs and failed to get him in....

billingsly ran his fastball up to 96 when he first came up....i havent seen him top 91 all game ...hmmm

f***youdome has blown for about the last 3 weeks

QUOTE (fathom @ May 26, 2008 -> 03:15 PM)
I had to listen on the radio during the 8th inning, and it just reinforced my opinion that Ron Santo is my least favorite person on this planet.

if only we could hear what he did yesterday

QUOTE (fathom @ May 27, 2008 -> 03:05 PM)
Dodgers brought their split-squad lineup tonight, as they're benching R. Martin and J. Kent.

Jeff Kent and his .659 OPS this season? The rookie Luis Maza who they're playing in his place has at least been hot in the games he's played, over a 1.000 OPS in his first 17 MLB at bats.

The one they're really missing is Furcal.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 27, 2008 -> 11:10 PM)
Jeff Kent and his .659 OPS this season? The rookie Luis Maza who they're playing in his place has at least been hot in the games he's played, over a 1.000 OPS in his first 17 MLB at bats.

The one they're really missing is Furcal.

Kent looked as good yesterday as I've seen him all season.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 27, 2008 -> 08:25 PM)
I need to just stop watching Cubs home games. Every game seems to be the same. Fukudome's played some ridiculous defense tonight.

Fathom, if you're talking about the one he dove for, that was misplayed. I saw that replay about 6 times, and every time it seemed pretty clear that the guy stumbled, unnecessarily dove, and then lapped up the applause from the bleacher dopes. So, basically, he emulated Alfonso Soriano.

What I'd like to hear like -- just once -- is what a disappointment Fukudome is as a run-producer. He's on track to drive in about 60, and that's after his "big" start and batting 5th behind Lee and Ramirez. He's good at many things, but I would think that someone would mention little things like that.