White Sox vs. Yankees, 4/23, 7:11, ESPN

RME JICO

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Mussina is an off speed type pitcher and could give the Sox trouble, but if they are patient somewhere around the 6th inning he could get poundced because the Sox hitters will be more patient with him. He should be good for giving up 4 or 5 runs. I'll be watching on ESPN. I'll wave at you all.

ESPN BBT thinks Count is the Sox #2 and Vaz is the Sox #3. They even showed it on a graphic comparing the Sox 3-4-5 and the Yankees 3-4-5. Great research there...not a single analyst or Gammons corrected this. I know, it's ESPN, and I know that Count pitched "ahead" of Vaz this time around, but it is still annoying.

Edited by Disco72

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 07:14 PM)
UGGGH!!! ESPN is currently down at Purdue. Mother F'er. One of the few games I get to watch, and ESPN doesn't work. BLARGH!

its not down, you're probably blacked out

lol fathom what's even worse is that Morgan spent like 30 seconds talking about how good a SS Cabrera is, then in that context said "here's Derek Jeter, a Gold Glover in his own right"

Multiple sabermetrics point to how Jeter is a below average defender. Morgan doesn't believe in any of that though.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 12:17 AM)
lol fathom what's even worse is that Morgan spent like 30 seconds talking about how good a SS Cabrera is, then in that context said "here's Derek Jeter, a Gold Glover in his own right"

Multiple sabermetrics point to how Jeter is a below average defender. Morgan doesn't believe in any of that though.

A lot of Sox fans always complain that Crede's been robbed of the Gold Glove. While that may be true, at least he's faced stiff competition in guys like Chavez. However, if Jeter and OC represent GG material at shortstop, then Uribe was definitely robbed.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 07:20 PM)
I actually thought Uribe deserved the GG last year. OC is still a great SS Fathom, I don't know why you think he's bad.

He isn't bad at all. He just isn't as good as everybody makes him out to be. Maybe it's just because Uribe really was that good of a SS.

edit: And Cabrera just makes my point for me.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 24, 2008 -> 01:21 AM)
He isn't bad at all. He just isn't as good as everybody makes him out to be. Maybe it's just because Uribe really was that good of a SS.

Exactly, I actually think Jeter is a solid SS also.