Fields pulled from Charlotte's game

WhiteSoxfan1986

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 06:28 PM)
With the Ramirez situation, you have to think there is a good chance he will be with the club in Toronto. He could be a huge asset to the team.

No pun or joke intended.................

Where would he play?

QUOTE (scenario @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 07:11 PM)
The hard slide was in the first inning.

They pulled him out six innings later.

So, I don't think the slide had alot to do with it.

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune....rez-likely.html

That article says that was in fact the reason.

Besides, to replace Ramirez with Fields is just about silly.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 07:13 PM)
That article says that was in fact the reason.

Besides, to replace Ramirez with Fields is just about silly.

It is silly to replace a guy who can't hit major league pitching very well with a guy who showed he can?

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ May 1, 2008 -> 01:28 AM)
It is silly to replace a guy who can't hit major league pitching very well with a guy who showed he can?

Yes, cause where would he play? Of course, if KW made the brilliant move of trading Crede when his stock is sky high, then I would be thrilled!

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 04:28 PM)

If the only thing you care about is the quality of the 4 ab's or so that guy would get...then yes. But if you also care about getting regular at bats for people, then yes, it's silly to call up Fields to replace Ramirez, because Josh will sit on the bench except for a couple pinch hit chances per week.

I would love to see Fields on this team on the bench if he could play LF, RF, and 1B too...you could get him 4-5 games a week if that were the case. You envision him playing against every lefty at DH, so that's about 1-2 games a week and then you have him play a game or two a week at 3B. If he knew LF, RF, and 1B, you could substitute him variably throughout the course of the season and he'd be getting pretty solid playing time

The problem, of course, is that he can't play LF, RF, and 1B, so this post is pretty much pointless.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 04:48 PM)
I would love to see Fields on this team on the bench if he could play LF, RF, and 1B too...you could get him 4-5 games a week if that were the case. You envision him playing against every lefty at DH, so that's about 1-2 games a week and then you have him play a game or two a week at 3B. If he knew LF, RF, and 1B, you could substitute him variably throughout the course of the season and he'd be getting pretty solid playing time

The problem, of course, is that he can't play LF, RF, and 1B, so this post is pretty much pointless.

And, on top of that...right now, our backup OF, who happens to have one Hell of a glove in CF, pushed his average up to .300 today. OPS is still lacking, but that may well simply relate to a lack of at bats and associated lack of chances to turn things in to doubles/home runs.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 06:48 PM)

Even for the position he could play, 3B, I can't imagine Crede willingly giving up one or two games a week since he's playing for a contract.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 07:45 PM)
Even for the position he could play, 3B, I can't imagine Crede willingly giving up one or two games a week since he's playing for a contract.

Then he can pout, because he's not the manager and he's not a superstar.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 07:29 PM)
Yes, cause where would he play? Of course, if KW made the brilliant move of trading Crede when his stock is sky high, then I would be thrilled!

I would have loved to have Fields pinch hit for Thome against Reyes today. I would love to have Fields on the team. He can play third to give Crede a rest, DH against lefties, play the outfied once in a while. He would be a nice bat to have on the bench. He's already spent two years in AAA, he's done all he can in the minors.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 09:12 PM)
I would have loved to have Fields pinch hit for Thome against Reyes today. I would love to have Fields on the team. He can play third to give Crede a rest, DH against lefties, play the outfied once in a while. He would be a nice bat to have on the bench. He's already spent two years in AAA, he's done all he can in the minors.

He cant play outfield, That experiment is over. Until there is room on the team and playing time for fields, he will continue to do all he can in the minors. They arent going to bring him up to spot start for Crede and give Thome a rest once in a while

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 08:45 PM)

Maybe since they are playing four games on the artificial turf in Toronto's dome they would want to start him for one game there to rest Crede. Other than that he's a pinch hitter and backup at third. If Ramirez is put on the "restricted list" they can probably send Josh back down after the four games in Canada.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 07:29 PM)

Konerko may be hurt more that they are letting on? Who knows? Fields is by far our best hitter at AAA, but I would suspect Owens would be called up first.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 1, 2008 -> 04:29 AM)
Konerko may be hurt more that they are letting on? Who knows? Fields is by far our best hitter at AAA, but I would suspect Owens would be called up first.

PK said tonight it's a persistent problem he's having that's not going away.

Easy Josh fans, don't get carried away...it's not a big deal.

MINNEAPOLIS -- Paul Konerko expects to return to the White Sox's starting lineup Friday in Toronto.

And he anticipates the pain in his right hand that kept him out of Wednesday's lineup will persist.

"It has been there for a long time," Konerko revealed. "Sometimes it gets so inflamed it reaches a point where it hurts after you hit a ball. [but Tuesday night] it was hurting just holding a bat. That's where you draw the line."

Thursday's day off should allow Konerko an extra day for some of the pain to subside. He has been accustomed to coping with this soreness in the past but admitted the pain was too acute to stay in the lineup.

Konerko is batting just .221. He has had slow starts in the past, but he had four hits in seven at-bats before going 0-for-3 with a walk in Tuesday night's 3-1 loss to Minnesota.

Nevertheless, the pain started last Wednesday against the New York Yankees' Mike Mussina and became more uncomfortable with each game through Monday against Baltimore's Daniel Cabrera.

"He throws hard and heavy sinkers, and got [inside] three times," Konerko said. "And the weather wasn't exactly cooperative. That doesn't help either.

"I just have to roll with it, try to get as much out of it as I can and be ready for Friday."

Konerko said the hand pain happens to every hitter who gets jammed, but he becomes more vulnerable because he grips the bat with a great portion of the palm of his hand.

"This one is a little more extreme," Konerko said.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 30, 2008 -> 08:50 PM)
And, on top of that...right now, our backup OF, who happens to have one Hell of a glove in CF, pushed his average up to .300 today. OPS is still lacking, but that may well simply relate to a lack of at bats and associated lack of chances to turn things in to doubles/home runs.

The way I see it, considering Anderson had to scrap his mechanics completely and start from scratch, he's needed to redefine his entire plate approach and since mid-2006 when he first started doing it, only just now has he had any real opportunity to work on it at the MLB level. So right now he's just trying to show he belongs here, and that he can hit MLB pitching. If and when he establishes that comfort level the power numbers will follow, we know he has power, we saw it in the minors.

. Here are 3 moves we can make send Ramirez to Charlotte although not much of a sampling on Don Lucy bring him up and send Toby down to Charlotte to rehab his shoulder more. and take a look at this guy who has what Ozzie and KW like a good on base percentage has played at the major league level. Would be if Swisher is moved to first our only left hand hitting outfielder and has shown he can steal a few bags although not as fast as Owens: Great upside his Full Name: Larry Dewayne Wise

2008 Season

Team League AVG G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI TB BB SO SB CS OBP SLG OPS

CHA INT .373 24 83 19 31 7 1 5 10 55 11 14 8 3 .448 .663 1.111

Minors .373 24 83 19 31 7 1 5 10 55 11 14 8 3 .448 .663 1.111

Edited by forrestg