Mean Joe Crede

greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 7, 2008 -> 11:59 PM)
Anybody else a huge Joe Crede fan?

Maybe Joe is what the team was missing last year.

Joe Crede is a fricking great baseball player.

Two bombs two nights in a row?? You are kidding me.

Last Sox player to do that was Greg Norton. Only 3 players have done it now in Sox history. Crede now tied with Q in slugging% at .561.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 07:59 AM)
Last Sox player to do that was Greg Norton. Only 3 players have done it now in Sox history. Crede now tied with Q in slugging% at .561.

I heard it was actually Ray Durham in 1999.

Anyways, just for snorts and giggles, Crede is on pace for 37 homers and 104 RBI.

QUOTE (soxfn4life @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 08:28 AM)
Do you think Josh Fields woulkd have 12 errors?

Probably not have 12 errors, but he would not get to nearly the same amount of balls as Crede. The way he dives and blocks balls and then gets up and throws is a thing of beauty that few can do, and Fields is not one of them. But I think Fields would have 7-10 errors, too, and there is no question as far as scouts are concered who is the better fielder.

Also, Crede is by far the best AL third baseman this year, numbers wise. Since A-Rod will win the position, Crede should be the first backup.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 05:50 AM)
Crede's giving Walker credit for the hot streak. Must not be Greg Walker.

It interesting because EVERY quote I have heard from the players, coaches, and management have all said that Walker isn't the problem. Even guys like Konerko have talked about how valuable Walker is to them. Its people on the outside who are blaming Walk.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 08:17 AM)
How can you say that? Crede's glove is better (despite his throws this year) and his bat is better, when healthy.

But Fields is cheaper and we could use the money saved to plug some holes . . .

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 10:36 AM)
It interesting because EVERY quote I have heard from the players, coaches, and management have all said that Walker isn't the problem. Even guys like Konerko have talked about how valuable Walker is to them. Its people on the outside who are blaming Walk.

regardless we cant give walker credit for the good things and not rip him a bit for the bad things...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 06:02 AM)
Anyways, just for snorts and giggles, Crede is on pace for 37 homers and 104 RBI.

If he gets anywhere near that, he's looking at about $80 million this winter. Too bad it'll be with somebody else.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 08:39 AM)
regardless we cant give walker credit for the good things and not rip him a bit for the bad things...

Fine. Just give him credit for the good things, and the board needs to get off the Walker teaches everyone to swing from their heels BS. Its simply not true. The day Ozzie blew up and people were calling for Walker's head yet again, I believe they had 13 hits, but couldn't do anything with RISP. To blame Walker for hitters choking is beyond ludicrous. They had a great plan that game, they were going the other way, but for some reason when it came time to drive them in, the hitters got away from the plan.

QUOTE (soxfn4life @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 03:28 PM)
Do you think Josh Fields woulkd have 12 errors?

I think it's possible Fields would have more errors. Don't mistake Crede's errors with some lack of ability. Most have come from the rust of being off for almost a full year. Those in the know will tell you that it is not easy to comeback from that type of layoff and just start at the top. Crede has made many excellent stops and the such and his throwing is better. Fields is not known for his glove and made several errors on plays many thought Crede would have made. Josh Fields is a talent for sure and I am hoping the Sox look at him at 1B or another spot when they finally come to the conclussion Crede needs to stay with the Sox.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 03:36 PM)

Good point.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 07:59 AM)
Anybody else a huge Joe Crede fan?

Maybe Joe is what the team was missing last year.

Joe Crede is a fricking great baseball player.

Two bombs two nights in a row?? You are kidding me.

I saw that game on WGN Saturday night. It was great. Buerhle looked so sharp and the offense led by Crede did a great job. Plus Jow had a good defensive play or two also

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 06:54 AM)
I'd still rather have Fields, but his suckage at AAA this year is a bit worrisome.

Why? so the kid can struggle and have no protection. Josh needs protection unlike Carlos who can adjust pitch to pitch. Crede much greater then Josh.

I'd still rather have Fields, but his suckage at AAA this year is a bit worrisome.

Im so glad some of us are not calling the shots for the Sox. Some of these comments are just perplexing?

Im so glad some of us are not calling the shots for the Sox. Some of these comments are just perplexing?

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 09:39 AM)

I have yet to see anyone give him credit for the team average going up very close to 30 points in the last month.

QUOTE (Soxpranos @ Jun 8, 2008 -> 05:10 PM)
Just what we need , another .220 hitter with limits on his defense.

We never seem to value or appreciate our own players as much as other teams do. I believe at one time some we even calling for Joe Crede's outright release after he was injured. You hear alot of nonsense from time to time when it comes to some fans wanting dump our players fro single A talent, etc. I remember some posts even calling for a white flag trade off when we were in first place at the time.