White Sox @ Cubs

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 05:56 AM)
You posters who know your stats, you know who you are.

How does this pitching matchup shape up?

Is Vas capable of shutting down these assholes on Sunday night?

Can we hit Dumpster?

No one has hit Dempster...he has the best batting average against in all of baseball (among starters).

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 11:56 PM)
You posters who know your stats, you know who you are.

How does this pitching matchup shape up?

Is Vas capable of shutting down these assholes on Sunday night?

Can we hit Dumpster?

Vazquez has a 4.8 ERA lifetime against CHC, Dumpster has a 3.8 ERA lifetime against us.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 12:15 AM)
Vazquez has a 4.8 ERA lifetime against CHC, Dumpster has a 3.8 ERA lifetime against us.

The difference is Vazquez has 83+ career IP vs. the Cubs. Dempster has 7 vs. the Sox. That measly 7 innings is probably bad news for the Sox. And most of us know how Javy likes to s*** his pants on the stage.

Man I am pissed. I come into work and my cubicle and Sox decor is defaced today by Cubs fans, moreover I am pissed because I made a bet about this series, and they messed with my cubicle anyways.

Win this one for me Javy

QUOTE (BobDylan @ Jun 21, 2008 -> 11:47 PM)
The difference is Vazquez has 83+ career IP vs. the Cubs. Dempster has 7 vs. the Sox. That measly 7 innings is probably bad news for the Sox. And most of us know how Javy likes to s*** his pants on the stage.

No, not really. I mean, he hasn't exactly proved he thrives on the stage, but he hasn't s*** his pants on the stage, at least for us. Since Javy was here, he was bad for 1 half, the first half of 06. Lets be frank, most of the games in the first half aren't really on big stages. However, in the 2nd half of 06, when there was a whole lot more pressure on us and we were going for that playoff spot, Javy was our only pitcher worth a damn, and Javy was dealing against teams like Boston.

Let's not lose our 9th straight on the road...

Before game 2 of the TB series a couple of weeks back, we were one of MLB's best road teams at 17-14. Now, we're 17-22.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 07:46 AM)
No, not really. I mean, he hasn't exactly proved he thrives on the stage, but he hasn't s*** his pants on the stage, at least for us. Since Javy was here, he was bad for 1 half, the first half of 06. Lets be frank, most of the games in the first half aren't really on big stages. However, in the 2nd half of 06, when there was a whole lot more pressure on us and we were going for that playoff spot, Javy was our only pitcher worth a damn, and Javy was dealing against teams like Boston.

He was bad either way. He had a ERA half a run better than the first half after the all-star break. But he was 2-8! Javy has shown to screw up when pitching in big games. He's no Freddy Garcia. Besides, Boston sucked that year. They were worse than us.

Although, Javier was good against the Cubs last year. No record in 14 innings pitched with a 3.86 ERA and a .079 WHIP. Pretty good.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 09:36 AM)
He was bad either way. He had a ERA half a run better than the first half after the all-star break. But he was 2-8! Javy has shown to screw up when pitching in big games. He's no Freddy Garcia. Besides, Boston sucked that year. They were worse than us.

Although, Javier was good against the Cubs last year. No record in 14 innings pitched with a 3.86 ERA and a .079 WHIP. Pretty good.

Oh don't even use that to try and make a point. There was absolutely no run support for him that year.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 08:51 AM)
Oh don't even use that to try and make a point. There was absolutely no run support for him that year.

And when he did get support he was 9-4, but his ERA was 5. He was bad either way. Our whole entire staff sucked in the second half of '06. That's pretty much it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 22, 2008 -> 06:15 AM)
Please do not use Jim Thome at 1b! One game isn't worth him possibly getting injured and being out for an extended period.

I am thinking Thome needs to start today and at least once in LA. He clearly doesn't bring much as a PH (I hope I can be proven wrong) and it isn't good for him to be relegated to that role for 6 games in arow. We won't see him back in the line up until Friday