• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 04:32 PM)
Is Rich Daley dead or in jail?

The mobsters are out in force after not getting the Olympics. But hey, if Rahm can hit the country, I'm sure he can take care of little dick Daley. :lolhitting

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 04:35 PM)
I think Daley finally started getting to people and he's actually going to struggle to get re-elected this time.

Not.a.chance. He'll kill whoever he runs against, unless he is indicted in the meantime... Even then, he will most likely still win.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 05:29 PM)
Not.a.chance. He'll kill whoever he runs against, unless he is indicted in the meantime... Even then, he will most likely still win.

^^^^

I've been away a long time, but I will agree with SS.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 09:21 AM)
Ultimately they did. The whole thing was a game of charades to figure out how to ram it through without pissing off VOTERS, not each other.

Oh yeah, the Universal Health Care...er, I mean Public Option....er, I mean quasi-co-ops....er, I mean "opt-in" plans is just being rammed through without debate!

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 08:31 PM)
Oh yeah, the Universal Health Care...er, I mean Public Option....er, I mean quasi-co-ops....er, I mean "opt-in" plans is just being rammed through without debate!

You call that crap "debate"? You all want to keep saying that, but as I keep saying, the whole damn bill(s) is "government run health care". Just don't call it something that it is, because it might offend the voters, er special interests, er I mean people outside of Washington.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 09:00 PM)
You call that crap "debate"? You all want to keep saying that, but as I keep saying, the whole damn bill(s) is "government run health care". Just don't call it something that it is, because it might offend the voters, er special interests, er I mean people outside of Washington.

That you keep saying it doesn't mean it's true or that you've actually supported your position. It's just blind assertion after blind assertion.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 10:10 PM)
sure kap. Red is black, grey is black, white is black, orange is black.

If the government is involved at all, then it is exactly equivalent to something like the NHS. What are these reds, grays and oranges you speak of? The entire world is either black or white.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 07:16 AM)
If the government is involved at all, then it is exactly equivalent to something like the NHS. What are these reds, grays and oranges you speak of? The entire world is either black or white.

So we installed the NHS in WWII when the tax credit for health care was born? Then why don't we get any of the benefits? Damn government, can't run anything.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 10:00 PM)

The debate over this bill lasted longer than the debate over the Iraq war.

Chris Matthews with his usual crappy performance here, but he makes a useful point...and he includes the phrase "youtube is watching", so I guess i have to post it. He asks him point blank, "Tell me what the Republican party has done for this country in the past 20 years" and gets silence.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 7, 2010 -> 09:01 AM)
It appears secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar will be departing the Obama administration to run for the governorship in Colorado.

Interesting. Salazar was a sort of middle-of-the-road guy in terms of environmental concerns. I hope they get someone a little more future-focused in there to replace him, though I do not think Salazar was bad.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 7, 2010 -> 10:03 AM)
Interesting. Salazar was a sort of middle-of-the-road guy in terms of environmental concerns. I hope they get someone a little more future-focused in there to replace him, though I do not think Salazar was bad.

I thought Salazar was doing wonders. But then again, that might only be by comparison with the previous work in that department.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 7, 2010 -> 09:04 AM)
I thought Salazar was doing wonders. But then again, that might only be by comparison with the previous work in that department.

That. At least in my view.

Again, just to be clear here, I didn't think Salazar was bad. As I said. I just think we can do better, but I am admitedly biased in a specific policy direction on this topic. If the replacement can do what Salazar was doing, I'd be OK with that.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 11:42 PM)
Chris Dodd to retire. This actually increases the Democrats chances of holding on to the seat, because when the incumbent is polling behind Linda McMahon of WWE fame....

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/se...step-aside.html

This makes 4 Dem Senators stepping aside this year.

The GOP has 6 open seats this cycle.

CT,DE,IL,MA, and ND so far for the D's.

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Jan 7, 2010 -> 12:06 PM)
CT,DE,IL,MA, and ND so far for the D's.

The MA seat gets filled this month, so it is basically a different cycle.

Nate Silver's first prediction of a Senate this year seems to indicate a net 2 seat loss for the Democrats. If Blanche Lincoln loses her primary (assuming she gets the strong challenge she deserves) the electoral picture looks a lot more blue for Arkansas in November.