Oz probably getting suspended...

DABearSoX

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it Carrasco that missed a Royals hitter in the first series after the ASB? This whole thing is so stupid, I have no problem with managers ordering pitchers to hit the opposition. The only time I have a problem with a pitcher throwing at a hitter is if it's in retaliation for a homer hit by the batter before.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 08:37 PM)
Good for Ozzie. This rant is exactly why the players love him. He is perfectly willing to take a bullet for the guys who are willing to go the wall for him.

Agreed, and you better believe the Sox will be a little more fired up to face KC next week.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 08:34 PM)
So when Ozzie b****ed out Sean Tracey in the dugout, they couldnt put 2 and 2 together?

Seriously....but still he outright came out and said that he has done it and will do it again. They can't suspend you on speculation...

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 12:37 PM)
Good for Ozzie. This rant is exactly why the players love him. He is perfectly willing to take a bullet for the guys who are willing to go the wall for him.

You can say that again! ;)

And, seriously, that is the worst-kept secret in baseball. Hardly worth a suspension, IMO. Hopefully this will provide the Sox with a spark.

Edited by WCSox

QUOTE (DABearSoX @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 03:47 PM)
Seriously....but still he outright came out and said that he has done it and will do it again. They can't suspend you on speculation...

Didn't he already get suspended for that though? What would be the point of suspending him now?

Ozzie really didn't say anything that everybody didn't know, he has said many more suspension-worthy things in his tenure. If he was to be suspended, they would simply be making an example of him which isn't fair to him or the white sox.

I enjoy baseball because it has less cocky, showboating, big mouth a-holes than the other sports.....at least on the field. But some of these unwritten rules are a joke. Bunting, or stealing bases when you're up by 6 runs is grounds for getting beaned? Why exactly? Because it's running up the score? I guess no team in MLB history has ever come back from being down by 6 runs. KC should have put it in half ass mode I guess.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 04:21 PM)
I enjoy baseball because it has less cocky, showboating, big mouth a-holes than the other sports.....at least on the field. But some of these unwritten rules are a joke. Bunting, or stealing bases when you're up by 6 runs is grounds for getting beaned? Why exactly? Because it's running up the score? I guess no team in MLB history has ever come back from being down by 6 runs. KC should have put it in half ass mode I guess.

uhh, he just admitted that he didn't call for the hit yesterday but has in the past.

And posing for a HR shot when you're up by 7+ deserves a bean 100% of the time in my book

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 04:21 PM)

I was thinking that too, about bunting. I agree with most of Ozzie's rant there, but I really don't see a 6 run lead as being a put-the-freshmen-in type scenario. In baseball, you need a double digit lead and late before you even think about reeling it in, IMO.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 03:25 PM)
uhh, he just admitted that he didn't call for the hit yesterday but has in the past.

And posing for a HR shot when you're up by 7+ deserves a bean 100% of the time in my book

He said he should have but he didn't.

Posing ANY time deserves it.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 04:29 PM)
So guys like Thome, Griffey, Konerko should have gotten beaned a couple of times? Because those players.

They don't pose. Their slowness at getting out of the box just confuses you momentarily.

And posing after a Hr should get you knocked down or hit, not the next batter. Hitting 2 Hr in a row should also have your feet moving out of the box, if nothing than to just stop you from being so comfortable in the box. And there are a few batters the Sox face that they should just consider either hitting from pitch one or walking, either one would be better than what they usually do to us.

Edited by Alpha Dog

Alright people keep in mind "bean" = ball to the head. If any of you truly believe a player should take a ball to the head for standing at home plate after they launch one then there's something wrong with you. How about "pegged" or "pelted"? At least these don't suggest any body part in particular

So how about Jermaine's hop? Quentin's bat throw? Iguchi's bat flip? Do these deserve action as well?

Do you seriously believe hitting Manny in the ass with a fastball is going to keep him from "showing you up?" If anything he's just going to stand at homeplate for an additional 5 seconds the next time he launches one off you.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 04:35 PM)
They don't pose. Their slowness at getting out of the box just confuses you momentarily.

No, Griffey definitely poses, there is no other name that you can call it. He hits his home runs and pauses for a good second to watch it fly before he takes his slow step out of the box. Nobody ever calls him on it because frankly, people love it because it looks so smooth.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 4, 2008 -> 04:35 PM)

And posing after a Hr should get you knocked down or hit, not the next batter. Hitting 2 Hr in a row should also have your feet moving out of the box, if nothing than to just stop you from being so comfortable in the box. And there are a few batters the Sox face that they should just consider either hitting from pitch one or walking, either one would be better than what they usually do to us.

Griffey poses. He's famous for it.