CC: Hit - No Hit ~ You Make The Call

Kyyle23

47 members have voted

1. 1. Was it a hit?

• Yes Called Correct as Hit
    • No - It was an Error
    • Can't tell, too close to call
    • Shipps and Tex are morons

I think it was an error, but I'm not sure how I feel about them possibly changing it back. Part of me feels, "that's baseball," but on the other hand I realize that these hit/error calls can be and are often changed by official scorers after the fact, when much less is riding on the line. Its a shame though, because even if its changed to an error (correctly imo), there's likely to always be a taint or stigma of controversy associated with CC's game.

I watched it a couple more times and have to go E1. He could have easily thrown the runner out, he was there in time and it was a relatively easy pick up, one that would have been fielded 99% of the time, if he wasn't so fricking fat.

QUOTE (shipps @ Sep 1, 2008 -> 10:14 AM)
Err,I accidently clicked no but I meant for it to be a hit.The poll is flawed already!!!No wonder why they dont let me moderate Diamond club!

f***ing Florida voter already.

I should have worded it better.

Now we need an admin to rewrite the answers :lolhitting I do not have poll edit privileges here for some reason.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Sep 1, 2008 -> 09:17 AM)
f***ing Florida voter already.

I should have worded it better.

Now we need an admin to rewrite the answers :lolhitting I do not have poll edit privileges here for some reason.

We are the god damn blind leading the blind. :lol:

QUOTE (Texsox @ Sep 1, 2008 -> 09:22 AM)
Fixed and I changed your vote, even though you are wrong. :drink

Thanks,atleast shipps was honest about clicking the wrong button.Most would have just left it alone,but shipps vows to be honest with his fellow soxtalkians.

And yes shipps is referring to himself in third person.

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Sep 1, 2008 -> 10:11 AM)
Then again I don't know how good CC's fielding is. If he normally makes that play then it's an error.

That is an interesting comment. Should errors be determined by the individual player's talents?

QUOTE (Texsox @ Sep 1, 2008 -> 11:24 AM)
That is an interesting comment. Should errors be determined by the individual player's talents?

Isnt that somewhat of the criteria involved, determining if the player A: could have gotten to the ball, and B: could have made the play?

QUOTE (Texsox @ Sep 1, 2008 -> 11:24 AM)

To a point yes. You won't give a gold glove caliber fielder an error if he misplays a ball that most fielders wouldn't have gotten, but he usually does. I know that's vague though. So for example you might not give Crede an error for not getting the out when the ball is scorched down the foul line and he doesn't get the runner after diving getting up and throwing it.

So had CC came up with it cleanly, he would have a chance with a good throw to get the runner.

The link below describes an official error.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/official_info/offic...l_scorer_10.jsp

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Sep 1, 2008 -> 10:36 AM)
Isnt that somewhat of the criteria involved, determining if the player A: could have gotten to the ball, and B: could have made the play?

What i was wondering could it be an error for a great fielding pitcher but not for a poor one? Does the individual player's talents come into play? I always thought no.

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Sep 1, 2008 -> 10:55 AM)
To a point yes. You won't give a gold glove caliber fielder an error if he misplays a ball that most fielders wouldn't have gotten, but he usually does. I know that's vague though. So for example you might not give Crede an error for not getting the out when the ball is scorched down the foul line and he doesn't get the runner after diving getting up and throwing it.

So had CC came up with it cleanly, he would have a chance with a good throw to get the runner.

The link below describes an official error.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/official_info/offic...l_scorer_10.jsp

Which is what I understood. It doesn't, matter what CC would normally do, he's judged against a "standard" drawn from all fielders.