9/23 - Sox @ Min - 7:10 PM CDT - WCIU

knightni

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 01:59 AM)
After not even competing in this game, it's a two game series. Scott Baker 6 STRONG as expected and will probably go through this lineup easily for 2 more innings, saving the Twins BP. Expect more of the same NO MATTER WHO they throw out there tomorrow.

Now, who believes the Whitesox can split a two game series in the dome WHEN THE GAMES COUNT?

I don't. Season over.

Take it from me...step away from the computer, and stop before you say stuff that will be used against you in every post you make. Root for the best, as if you think this team isn't that good, then it shouldn't hurt you if they miss out on the playoffs. Compared to what would have happened if we missed the playoffs in 2005, I won't lose much sleep if this team doesn't make it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After not even competing in this game, it's a two game series. Scott Baker 6 STRONG as expected and will probably go through this lineup easily for 2 more innings, saving the Twins BP. Expect more of the same NO MATTER WHO they throw out there tomorrow.

Now, who believes the Whitesox can split a two game series in the dome WHEN THE GAMES COUNT?

I don't. Season over.

Ok, NOW you're just being ridiculous.

Fun stuff. I'll wait until the Sox are out of it before dumping things. Pitiful performance tonight, we'll see what we have tomorrow.

I never once thought Javy Vazquez would win this game. He's a mediocre pitcher...check that, sub mediocre...127-128 overall. He obviously has a great arm, but will never be anything but fools gold. He was a bad acquisition for Ken Williams.

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 09:01 PM)
BASE HITS BASE HITS BASE HITS BASE HITS

BRAIN DOES NOT COMPUTE. BASE HIT DOES NOT EQUAL SOLO HOMER. HOW ARE TWINS WINNINGS?~!

We have hit over 100 more homers than the Twins, yet they have scored more runs than we have. They get men on, they drive them in.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 07:59 PM)

I don't. Season over.

Do you have anything new, or just "waa waa season's over even though we'll still have a 1.5 game lead with 5-6 to go"?

There are 2 guys on this staff who are good match for the Dome, if they're on -- one is Floyd and other was on target to start here until the manager and pitching coach juggled the rotation. He's now thrown 2 straight shutouts, he has sack, and he knows how to pitch. He's also not pitching, by design, in our biggest series of the year. John Danks.

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. I can't believe we didn't save Danks for this series. In two yrs, this guy has shown more sack than Vazquez has in his entire major league career.

I really wonder about that rift between Oz and Kenny as well. It's as if Ozzie's telling Kenny the players he got him like Vazquez and Griiffey shrivel up and die or flat out just can't play and he's used the opener to this series to prove it.

QUOTE (Allsox @ Sep 24, 2008 -> 03:03 AM)
I really wonder about that rift between Oz and Kenny as well. It's as if Ozzie's telling Kenny the players he got him like Vazquez and Griiffey shrivel up and die or flat out just can't play and he's used the opener to this series to prove it.

No, it's because Ozzie LOVES his veterans.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 09:00 PM)
Buehrle has nuts, but he's not a guy who would flourish in the Dome -- puts it in play a lot, and on the ground.

There are 2 guys on this staff who are good match for the Dome, if they're on -- one is Floyd and other was on target to start here until the manager and pitching coach juggled the rotation. He's now thrown 2 straight shutouts, he has sack, and he knows how to pitch. He's also not pitching, by design, in our biggest series of the year. John Danks.

That needs to be addressed. We purposely changed our rotation so that arguably our best pitcher didn't face the Twins, and he was then made to pitch on short rest. That was a bad call, to say the least.

Watching this game feels like the two road games I saw this season against Halladay and Lee. What? we aren't playing a Cy Young candidate this time? Must be that Dome. I hear they manipulate the AC when the Twins are batting to blow out. That must be it! MLB investigate it!

Oh wait. This score is just the result of an offense that has YET (YET YET YET YET YET please prove me wrong) show that they care.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 09:02 PM)
Ok, NOW you're just being ridiculous.

LOL. Obviously I am pissed and so sick of this team losing to the Twins. But secondly, I actually think we match up OK with the other teams in the playoffs, and for us to NOT EVEN GET A CHANCE YET AGAIN is the most frustrating part. If we go to the post season whatever happens at least we gave ourselves a chance and quite frankly we have a 10 times better chance of beating ANYONE BUT the Twins in the post season which makes this even worse....

I've decided until the White Sox win a game in Minnesota, or reach the playoffs -- whichever comes first -- I'm only speaking with choking pictures. Beginning now.

consciouschokingadultstep1_L.jpg

LOL. Thanks for posting that, because it reminded me that unlike 05 when this was going around, even if we win the division this year, we are going NOWHERE, and like fathom said... I won't lose much sleep over this season. Hell, even without all of Ozzie's colossal f***-ups... this still would still be in the s***ter.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 09:05 PM)
It has to do with SOUND?!?!?!?

I love the Hawk, but oh my.

He may be on to something actually. I was reading the other day about a study with people sleeping. When the researchers stuck rotten eggs underneath their noses while they were sleeping they had bad dreams. When they smelled something pleasant, they had good dreams. I wouldn't doubt hearing has some sort of effect.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 09:08 PM)
LOL. Thanks for posting that, because it reminded me that unlike 05 when this was going around, even if we win the division this year, we are going NOWHERE, and like fathom said... I won't lose much sleep over this season. Hell, even without all of Ozzie's colossal f***-ups... this still would still be in the s***ter.

consciouschokingadultstep1_L.jpg

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Sep 23, 2008 -> 09:08 PM)

Because teams never get hot in the postseason. Especially teams that have good SP.