**White Sox vs. Twins 9/25/08 Thread**

Brian

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 10:28 PM)
Damn right...With Barker being paired up with Soupy, expect big things from our blue line this year (even with Wizzer out injured)

I'll be there tomorrow just as I was on Tuesday, and the rest of the homes games this year. :headbang

As for the Sox, what can you say? Hopefully, Kenny will get some guys who can play more than 16" softball next year.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 08:26 PM)
hahahah, this team is a f***ing joke. Biggest losers ever.

and a BIG LOL@ everyone on here claiming the game was over and the division was ours in that 6th inning. They must have never seen a White Sox/Twins game before.

Equal opportunity over reactions. Are only negative over reactions allowed? Negative posts outnumber the positives one like 100-1 and you want to laugh at the people who want to believe we can win ?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 09:29 PM)
Our veterans are a f***ing piece of s*** on the road.

Jimmy, Dye, Paulie, all of them had chances against an average twins team.

Wow. It'll be a fun offseason for Kenny with all the rebuilding going on.

he'll just go get some old players that will hit 25+ homeruns, bat below .250 and can't play defense

The only good that will come out of this mythic meltdown will be it will hopefully signal an end to this era of Sox baseball. It's time to move into the future, we have too many DHs, Corner OFs, slow footed veterans taking up space who can't play much defense, too much station to station baseball.

MASSIVE changes need to be made. Williams failed this year...the only reason this team isn't a sub 80 win team was due to the massive injuries that happened in Cleveland and Detroit this year.

The Twins won't be drained. Do you think it took much out of them to kick our ass?

They knew and their fans knew for weeks they were going to win all three.

We're the ones who will be lucky to beat Cleveland once.

Fuking pathetic display but so predictable.

Should be interesting to see who survives the carnage. You Oz haters may get your wish. He's volatile enough to say f*** it, give some other manager a chance.

Or he'll say something dumb enough tonight or after we get eliminated where they have no choice but to can him.

The 1919 Sox played better baseball throwing WS games........

Just pathetic, this sweep by the Twinks has to go down as one of the worst Sox series i've seen in the last 45 years.........

We no longer control our own destiny, not even at home.........

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 11:31 PM)
Equal opportunity over reactions. Are only negative over reactions allowed? Negative posts outnumber the positives one like 100-1 and you want to laugh at the people who want to believe we can win ?

Huge difference in being happy and saying the game is over in the 4th inning.

QUOTE (Steff @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 10:30 PM)
Ya know what guys we ARE in the hole.. but we still have a chance to take this.

Certainly they are still in it, sure. It's one thing to have faith just as fan and sensethat they can come home and play better. I just don't see it in their play that they can do it right now.

MASSIVE changes need to be made. Williams failed this year...the only reason this team isn't a sub 80 win team was due to the massive injuries that happened in Cleveland and Detroit this year.

There will be massive changes made. No way he can return with the same type of team after this. It was the most maddening display of baseball for a team that many games over .500 in baseball history.

And I've officially given up. No way we're going to win the division after that 3 game tank job. No f***ing way. I can guarantee that.

CLE soooo can't wait for their shot at the Sox. Payback is a mother f***er, Ozzie - who's choking now?

How do you know the Indians players care any more than our passionless Sox? They will get revenge but do they even care? They also failed this season and are ready for the first tee like our Sox veterans.

My predictions for players and their teams next year:
Paulie - Angels.
Dye - Dodgers
Thome - Seattle or KC.
Javy - Phillies.
AJP - Mets.
OC - San Francisco.

Hope we get some good players in return. Thanks for the WS in 05. Hope our rebuilding isn't as painful as the KC Chiefs. Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 09:33 PM)
Certainly they are still in it, sure. It's one thing to have faith just as fan and sensethat they can come home and play better. I just don't see it in their play that they can do it right now.

yea i really don't like the build of the team, no Q is big too (obviously) and this twins series was a complete disaster. i'm still holding out hope to sweep out and win this and get hot in the playoffs. i know, a pipe dream probably.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 08:33 PM)
Huge difference in being happy and saying the game is over in the 4th inning.

I did use the word over reaction did I not ? All I ever hear is "season's over" after the Q injury , after the 1st game in this series, after the 2nd game, and now. A few people wishing and hoping for a Sox victory in the 4th inning is minor compared to the huge amount of negative over reactions . Just thought it was in bad taste to laugh at them.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Sep 25, 2008 -> 09:36 PM)
I honestly had a bad feeling in my gut that this season was over the second he went down. Not much hurt revealing it now, I think.

really, that guy going down was a critical shot on the team. for punching his bat.

106 pages and over 1500 posts on this game. Wow! I was driving (about 2 plus hours) and listened to XM radio. Anyone who has followed Sox baseball and our games with the Twins, especially at that concrete field they call a baseball stadium, could tell ow this game was going to end. We score 6 runs in one inning mostly becasue of youthful mistakes by the Twins and then get shut down and al the while the Twins just keep pecking away. Out big closer chokes as do our hitters and that's that. We have three or four or five left now and are 1/2 game behind. Question is does this team have anything left at all. I am not sure I see it if they do. But, we will be back in Chicago. However, the Twins are playing at the dome.