2009 MLB Catch-All Thread

knightni

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (qwerty @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 02:19 AM)
We really need a trivia thread...

I was on base every game of my career, my career consisted of more than 100 games, but no more than 110 games... who am i?

This player played in the 1970's.

Is too easy.

Didn't play past the age of 24.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else really impressed by the job Billy Beane's done this offseason? The guy seems to be able to overhaul a roster faster then anyone in the majors. Even for a great GM like KW, it'll take him, two or three years, while for Beane every action just seems to be another piece in the puzzle.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 11:57 PM)
Anyone else really impressed by the job Billy Beane's done this offseason? The guy seems to be able to overhaul a roster faster then anyone in the majors. Even for a great GM like KW, it'll take him, two or three years, while for Beane every action just seems to be another piece in the puzzle.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Their opening day starter is Dallas Braden.

The guy has been re-arranging his puzzle for 9 years

I would love to see what he could do what a respectable payroll.

This is a strange question, but if anyone can help at all, it'd be very helpful. Is there a site to see how many times a player stole a particular base? I'm trying to figure out how many steals of third base Babe Ruth had.

The best I can come up with is that he had 123 career steals, 10 of which were steals of home.

Tony Gwynn Jr. is expected to be waived from the Brewers on Friday.

Gwynn is out of options and didn't perform well enough to land a spot on the final roster after missing the first half of spring training with a strained right shoulder. The Brewers will hope the 26-year-old can clear waivers and land in Triple-A Nashville. The move leaves Chris Duffy and Brad Nelson as the Brewers' backup outfielders.