2009 MLB Catch-All Thread

knightni

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 06:02 PM)
More of the same for the Cardinals.

Man, that was beautiful. Why was Motte throwing a high fastball 0-2 anyway? Did he and Molina really think Major Leaguers couldn't catch up to 95? I couldn't write that script better if I tried.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 05:00 PM)
CC taking a very expensive beating from the young Orioles. Gives up 6 so far, leaves with the bases loaded and 1 out in the 5th.

They'll probably finish in last. But the O's are going to be at the very least an extremely entertaining team to watch. Adam Jones is gonna be special. Man the Mariners are f***ing morons.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 04:36 PM)
They'll probably finish in last. But the O's are going to be at the very least an extremely entertaining team to watch. Adam Jones is gonna be special. Man the Mariners are f***ing morons.

Think the Blue Jays will finish ahead of the O's? I think I'll take the young and hungry team over the team watching its parts leave due to budget cuts most years.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 08:01 PM)
Think the Blue Jays will finish ahead of the O's? I think I'll take the young and hungry team over the team watching its parts leave due to budget cuts most years.

Yeah, i think the Jays'll still do it. Lind and Snider are two great young hitters. Plus, barring a trade of Halladay they can probably string a decent pitching staff together.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 07:01 PM)

Blue Jays still have pretty good pitching. The O's are severely lacking after Guthrie.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 6, 2009 -> 07:02 PM)
C.C. gave me -17 points for my fantasy league...

I have -1 total points right now...

He better pitch a no hitter his next start.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/...=Career&t=p

He's never really been that great in April, so I think he'll be fine. He's not going to pitch like he did for the Brewers, but he'll be a legit ace soon enough

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Apr 7, 2009 -> 10:12 AM)
Sabathia was real bad to start last season, too. Had like a 12 ERA through his first 4 starts. It ended up being one of his best seasons.

yeah, i posted his career splits above. I think he'll end up being very good again this year, the base numbers won't be there IMO because he was pitching in the NL last year now he's pitching in a great hitting division.