Freddy Garcia speculation (Closed - Garcia Signs W/Mets)

southsider2k5

I dunno, its an odd offseason. It is so strange to be so close to the season kicking off and so many unknowns

I totally agree. Its weird that there are some many free agents still available and spring training is around the corner. Looking at espn, there are over 100 free agents still out there. Heck you could form a competitive team

C Varitek or Irod

1B Casey or Mientkiewicz

2B Hudson

SS OCab

3B Crede or Wigginton

LF Dunn

CF Edmonds

RF Abreu

SP Sheets

SP Garland

SP Perez

SP Pedro

SP Freddy/Glavine

RP Lyon

RP Burgos

CL Gagne/Izzy

This team could win 82 games

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Jan 22, 2009 -> 02:41 AM)
Yanks and Mets front runners for Garica per Rosey.

I saw that story on the MLB page today. I am only speculating, but I think the Sox are looking at a more durable FA starting pitcher and there is a chance as things get closer to early to mi February we see a signing. I still like Garland as an option.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jan 22, 2009 -> 04:19 PM)
I saw that story on the MLB page today. I am only speculating, but I think the Sox are looking at a more durable FA starting pitcher and there is a chance as things get closer to early to mi February we see a signing. I still like Garland as an option.

And I doubt the Sox have enough money to give him. Garland won't be back with the Sox.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 22, 2009 -> 06:25 PM)
And I doubt the Sox have enough money to give him. Garland won't be back with the Sox.

With the money saved with Javy/Ocab/Swish how do the sox not have money to give him? Not saying I want Kenny to sign him, just saying I am pretty sure the money is there. Unless you see a dramatic drop in payroll. Which could be the case I suppose.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 22, 2009 -> 10:25 PM)

I think we have it with what has been saved from trades. Not saying we will be signing Jon, but there are worse options out there and Jon's asking price will be comng down.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jan 22, 2009 -> 10:52 PM)
With the money saved with Javy/Ocab/Swish how do the sox not have money to give him? Not saying I want Kenny to sign him, just saying I am pretty sure the money is there. Unless you see a dramatic drop in payroll. Which could be the case I suppose.

I think it's there too. Maybe we will get real lucky and KW will go ahead and bring Crede back too :headbang

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jan 22, 2009 -> 05:12 PM)
I think it's there too. Maybe we will get real lucky and KW will go ahead and bring Crede back too :headbang

Yeah we would be so lucky to pay him to be injured for another 80 games

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jan 22, 2009 -> 01:42 PM)
I dont see why Freddy would want to pitch with the Yankees. It seems like he would be a 6th option, and from everything I have read about him he wants a real chance to be in a rotation this year

Spot starting might be very good for him.

We know he can still pitch, but we don't know if he can raise his arm the morning after a game, he might need a week or more before going back out there. The Yankees have enough money to pay for a quality starter and not use him as a regular, so from that perspective, he might very much want to pitch with the Yankees. 10 high quality starts from a 'spare tire' could win that division.