2009 Cubs thread

daa84

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 27, 2009 -> 03:19 PM)
looking at the replay, I think the Pirate (Morgan?) was safe, throw beat him and Zambrano got the mitt down quickly, but his hand slipped in

with a play that close, Zambrano cannot be losing his cool like that. Its going to cost him fines and a suspension, and the Cubs will be without him again

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, the sad thing is that if the Cubs start to turn their season around, you know people will say it was due to Zambrano's outburst. This Cubs team makes the 2003 team seem likeable. Zambrano is such a piece of s***, and Bradley's obviously a tool.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 27, 2009 -> 03:35 PM)
Yep, the sad thing is that if the Cubs start to turn their season around, you know people will say it was due to Zambrano's outburst. This Cubs team makes the 2003 team seem likeable. Zambrano is such a piece of s***, and Bradley's obviously a tool.

And Mike Quade is the greatest 3rd base coach in America! America, I say! Z! Cubbies!

I don't follow the Cubs that closely, but i didn't realize that Milton Bradley was such an epic failure so far. I knew it was a terrible signing but he only JUST got to .200 for the first time?

Milton Bradley's thoughts on The Big Z eruption were hilarious. ""That was pretty impressive," Chicago's Milton Bradley said of Zambrano's animated antics. "That was on a Bradley level."

"In Spring Training, [athletic trainer] Mark O'Neal told me he didn't know how long it was going to last," Bradley said. "I said I guarantee I'm not going to be the one to break it, and I was right."

"

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 28, 2009 -> 10:29 AM)

I wonder if some of these players realize how childish and foolish they look when they throw tantrums. Can anyone recall a time when such an outburst benefitted the player or their team? It is so counterproductive. The only exception might be if you clearly were in the right with no question regarding the validity of your argument, and you are known for being a reasonable, calm veteran who never is known to overreact or b****. Then, people take notice and assume that you were in the right since your reputation is so spotless. Obviously Z has not earned such a status as a gentleman, however.

The best is after Z gets back to the dugout and takes several swings at a gatorade machine. The dugout staff must love him, too.

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ May 28, 2009 -> 10:36 AM)
I wonder if some of these players realize how childish and foolish they look when they throw tantrums. Can anyone recall a time when such an outburst benefitted the player or their team? It is so counterproductive. The only exception might be if you clearly were in the right with no question regarding the validity of your argument, and you are known for being a reasonable, calm veteran who never is known to overreact or b****. Then, people take notice and assume that you were in the right since your reputation is so spotless. Obviously Z has not earned such a status as a gentleman, however.

The best is after Z gets back to the dugout and takes several swings at a gatorade machine. The dugout staff must love him, too.

Carlos Zambrano is such an epic "Me-first" player it's ridiculous. If I were a Cubs fan, I would hate him.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 28, 2009 -> 11:32 AM)
Carlos Zambrano is such an epic "Me-first" player it's ridiculous. If I were a Cubs fan, I would hate him.

Agreed. I may be overreaching, but I think Z was most upset because that run tied the game and ruined his chance at win #100 on the career.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 28, 2009 -> 12:01 PM)
The call on Zambrano was the right call.

The Umpire in the Lilly outburst graded at a 96 out of a possible 100 score. He missed two strikes, one for each team.

These guys are really making asses out of themselves. I will call it the Bradley affect.

Totally and he should get suspended.

I don't care who bumped who first, thing is, he mocked the home plate umpire, threw the ball almost out of play, and then beat up a Gatorade machine. I honestly don't think the last one matters for the suspension, but I think the first two, along with the bump, should be enough. I'd say 6 games seems about right.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 28, 2009 -> 12:11 PM)
Totally and he should get suspended.

I don't care who bumped who first, thing is, he mocked the home plate umpire, threw the ball almost out of play, and then beat up a Gatorade machine. I honestly don't think the last one matters for the suspension, but I think the first two, along with the bump, should be enough. I'd say 6 games seems about right.

touching an ump is an automatic suspension, its why Dye is getting two games for his helment bouncing back and getting the ump on accident. With Z being a starting pitcher, I think we are going to see something in the 10-12 game range, when you include the throwing of the ball, the bumping of the ump, and the show in the dugout.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 28, 2009 -> 12:13 PM)
touching an ump is an automatic suspension, its why Dye is getting two games for his helment bouncing back and getting the ump on accident. With Z being a starting pitcher, I think we are going to see something in the 10-12 game range, when you include the throwing of the ball, the bumping of the ump, and the show in the dugout.

And there I was, listening to Murph about how Zambrano shouldn't be suspended because he didn't initiate contact. Bulls***.

Somehow, Lawrence Holmes also found it fair to compare Carlos Quentin to Carlos Zambrano. Saying how Quentin injured himself by getting mad. Too bad it was at himself and not at the umpire. He also didn't throw the bat into the crowd and then grab another to whack the s*** out of a cooler. Nice analogy Lawrence.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 28, 2009 -> 12:37 PM)
And there I was, listening to Murph about how Zambrano shouldn't be suspended because he didn't initiate contact. Bulls***.

Somehow, Lawrence Holmes also found it fair to compare Carlos Quentin to Carlos Zambrano. Saying how Quentin injured himself by getting mad. Too bad it was at himself and not at the umpire. He also didn't throw the bat into the crowd and then grab another to whack the s*** out of a cooler. Nice analogy Lawrence.

For some reason, I though Holmes was a Sox fan. Am I mistaken?